ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 over run cal file

Hi guys.

I ordered a 182 pop and bang over run cal file from Rs tuner, was asked by them for vin number of my car which I've gave but that was on Sunday and im still waiting for the file.
I'm booked in for a rolling road session today but going to have to cancel it.

Has anyone on here got the 182 over run cal file that they could mail across me to me.
Cheers

LY R26 #288
You cant use it even if they did.

That's why you have to send your vci number so Henk can code it to your car.

Oh right didn't know that.

Cheers for the info buddy.

Looks like I'll have to keep waiting, just confused on how long it takes.

Evo 8 MR
I got mine next day. Henk usually deals with emails in the early hours of each morning.

YAY I got the file not long after I chased to find out where it was.

Anyway, all i can say it sh*t me its loud!!! very loud with flames too.

BlackGold 182
so i buy an rs tuner, then contact henk and send vin number, he sends me file and download it thru rs tuner? and works the same as if jms do it?

so i buy an rs tuner, then contact henk and send vin number, he sends me file and download it thru rs tuner? and works the same as if jms do it?

If you buy a second hand rs tuner you need a unlock code which you get from henk, then buy the rst file and cal file and upload them to your car.

mine was on version 8100 and its upgraded to 8200 rst with a 182 overrun cal installed.

take about 20-25 mins to write the rst file and about 2-5mins to write the cal file

I made backups of the original rst and cal files before i mapped it.

LY R26 #288
I did. I've had upto 46 mpg on a long run without it, with it on driving like a granny I struggled to see 40 on a long run. And giving it some would Cain the fuel quickly.

Clio 182
I'm confused by all this. If i buy a new rstuner thing and go for this poping map, if I decided that it was cack/annoying would I have to buy another 'standard performance' map to replace it or do I get both with the first purchase?

LY R26 #288
You can return it to the standard map for free but if you wanted the performance map you'd have to buy it.

Clio 182 cup packed
If I buy a s/h rs tuner, I am aware it needs unlocking, but do I then need to also buy a map specific for my car ? or is that already on the device ? the other option if I buy a new unit will it come with a stock map for my car/mods ?
Any help would be great

LY R26 #288
If you buy one second hand and the previous owner hasn't unlocked it, you'll need to buy an unlock code (license) and a map.

I think if you buy one new you get a discount on the map. That's what I've read anyway.

182 Turbo Project
I fail to see the point in this overrun file.

If it pops and bangs due to the tuning, then fair enough. But you might as well by a turbo whistle to put on your exhaust at the same time.

Screams need to me.

All imo, of course.

LY R26 #288
That's fair enough but if you don't like it, you don't use it.

Just because you don't see the point in it doesn't mean people shouldn't use it.

It seems to be fairly popular at the moment.

Oh right didn't know that.

Cheers for the info buddy.

Looks like I'll have to keep waiting, just confused on how long it takes.

It says 48 hours on the order page, but we try to do it as soon as we can. However with the weekend in between it usually means Monday delivery.
Cheers Henk

I ran both the overrun map and normal map and yes the overrun was well funky and very loud! but it didnt pull as hard as the normal map

Clio 182
Seen your video on YouTube Mr sexman, the car sounds and looks awesome going through that tunnel. Are you fed up of the popping yet or is it quite bearable?

Evo 8 MR
I ran both the overrun map and normal map and yes the overrun was well funky and very loud! but it didnt pull as hard as the normal map

That's nonsense, it's exactly the same as the standard RON98 cal only with the added overrun part.

LY R26 #288
Seen your video on YouTube Mr sexman, the car sounds and looks awesome going through that tunnel. Are you fed up of the popping yet or is it quite bearable?

It can get tiresome. Well it does on my yozza but that just sounds savage.

I always get the urge to put it back on once in a while though.

As said I can't see as there's any performance difference between the two maps.