ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 owners, please check !!!!!

i have recently had an oil leek on my engine, which was fixed under warranty, (i also just saw another post from another member with poss the same problem)

it is possible that the leek can cause a fire if the oil leeks on the exhaust manifold, the problem is the leek appears under the plastic engine cover so the only way you will see it is if you take the whole cover off, hence most people wont know till its to late

please check you engine, and remove your covers, check the link below for info

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=146485&PagePosition=1link to the post

Ford Fiesta

i checked mine a few week back all clear. When does it start? suppose should keep checking?

not sure of the exact mileage it started but i noticed it at about 6k +

just thought it may be of help to someone:)

...its not my job to check things like this, while its under warrenty...

Hopefully mine will go on fire and i will get a nice new car from Renault...!!

(the milage is getting a bit high)

well actually it is your job to check that your car is of a road worthy condition, and that it isnt of danger to yourself or others :p

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

seems to be a 182 problem mainly by the sounds of it tho, still ill have a gander at see if i have that prob. How easy is it to take the cover off?

i know the 2.0 16v flap comes off easy (lol)

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 09 March 2005

i have recently had an oil leek on my engine, which was fixed under warranty, (i also just saw another post from another member with poss the same problem)

it is possible that the leek can cause a fire if the oil leeks on the exhaust manifold, the problem is the leek appears under the plastic engine cover so the only way you will see it is if you take the whole cover off, hence most people wont know till its to late

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=146485&PagePosition=1link to the post
maybe not cause a fire, it would need to be a very big leak. but it would smell quite bad if it got onto the manifold!:)

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 17 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 09 March 2005

maybe not cause a fire, it would need to be a very big leak. but it would smell quite bad if it got onto the manifold!:)

i would rather not risk it, plus i did say "possible", and its still "possible" that it could cause a fire

ours has just had its 12k service and they didnt mention anything, i will have a look saturday thou just to be sure.

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 30 March 2005

Cheers m8. Looks like my Saturday afternoon is booked up now then... ;)

How were Reno when you took the car back? Were they ok with you?

D.
yeh they did it no problems, they just wanted me to wait 20 days for a courtesy car, a quick phone call to renault uk and i had a hire car the day after :)

Thanks for the tip 182_blue, i checked mine yesterday before a blast back from the lake district to stoke and spotted oil dribbling out on the right hand side of the engine:mad:..... unfortunately it refused to burst into flames on the way back so its booked in on monday. ....

earliest i could get a courtsey car was the 18th of april!!:mad::mad: i think i will try and give renault uk a bell to....(either that or drop the car via the showroom ft window!)

hmmmmmmmmm and relax

no pics sorry will try and get some on by the weekend(not posted any before), i didnt need to take cover off to see the oil, you could see it quite clearly in a bright light on the right side below the level of the cam cover.

(its done 11200miles now)

Quote: Originally posted by THutch on 30 March 2005

no pics sorry will try and get some on by the weekend(not posted any before), i didnt need to take cover off to see the oil, you could see it quite clearly in a bright light on the right side below the level of the cam cover.

(its done 11200miles now)
ring renault uk up, tell them its a fire hazard and see how quiclky you get a car

Quote: Originally posted by littleone on 30 March 2005

how easy to open the cover any tool or any screw

[Edited by littleone on 30 March 2005 at 2:18pm]
if you mean the plastic cover, then its just 4 bolts, torx type bolt head

Ford Fiesta

mines on just over 10K I looke da month or 2 back when 182 blue first told us to check certain I didnt see anything then.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

In the 172 you get the torx screw driver for the engine cover in the toolkit in the spare wheel. Did the 182 come with the basic tools?

Ford Fiesta

mmm, comes with tools yes, havnt looked to see if that is there though, anyone else?

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Rob N/W on 30 March 2005

Did you notice the electronic level indicator showing low on oil , and do you rely on the reading this gives

afaik its only people checking after following advice from these forums, even 182 blue didnt notice a drop in oil levels.

Did you notice the electronic level indicator showing low on oil , and do you rely on the reading this gives
my oil meter never moved, i only saw it when i took the engine cover of to clean it

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 30 March 2005

In the 172 you get the torx screw driver for the engine cover in the toolkit in the spare wheel. Did the 182 come with the basic tools?

no just a jack and a key to remove the centre cap from the alloys,

and this, what is it??

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/41/18yr.jpg

ps are you suppose to jack the car up if you want to use the tyre foam?

no i dont rely on the elec level indicator on mine, but is has dropped by 2 blobs and the dipstick is also showing a drop from full when i last looked (admittedly that was about 3weeks and 2K ago)

i had a quick check last night, there isnt a lot of oil but it defo isnt road grime or overspill (when i put some more in ages ago at about 6K).

i guess i will just have to see what the dealer says on monday.