ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 seat options - with the minimum of fuss?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Just a general question really as to what options of seats effectively 'bolt-in & go' for the 182?

As many will have had and seen, mine are getting worse for wear after all these years. I loved the wrap around feel of the Recaros that came with the Evo VI, but I don't know how easy they are to swap out and I don't fancy having Ralliart portrayed in a Renault. ;)

Ideally - just some other seat options that can go straight into the 182 without worrying too much about subframes, seat-belt positions, etc.

@Daniel - how did your seat refurb go in the end?

Cheers,
D.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Depends how to define 'bolt & go' and what type of seats you want.

Recaro Trendlines are pretty simple to fit if you get the frames from Jon Foz. Probably not the cheapest solution though.

Mine will be for sale soon with everything needed to bolt straight into a Clio.

20170417_191051.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how to define 'bolt & go' and what type of seats you want.

Recaro Trendlines are pretty simple to fit if you get the frames from Jon Foz. Probably not the cheapest solution though.

Mine will be for sale soon with everything needed to bolt straight into a Clio.

View attachment 1503219
Oh - now then....... @leeds2592 please PM me with what you're thinking off, price wise and any further details.

Cheers,
D.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Did you sell the seats in the end mate? Drop me a PM if not.

Nope, not as yet. My daily is off the road at the moment so I'm having to use the Clio as a daily and I don't really want to mess with the seats whilst doing so.

I did have a chap message me a few weeks ago about buying them off me so when I do get them out, I'll be giving him first dibs. If he changes his mind for whatever reason, I shall fire you a pm!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Nope, not as yet. My daily is off the road at the moment so I'm having to use the Clio as a daily and I don't really want to mess with the seats whilst doing so.

I did have a chap message me a few weeks ago about buying them off me so when I do get them out, I'll be giving him first dibs. If he changes his mind for whatever reason, I shall fire you a pm!
Cheers mate, I’m on the hunt for some now the wife has given me the green little get to buy!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Theres a pair on eBay at the moment - look quite nice. Please buy them before I get any bad ideas.
Just seen them mate, wrong end of the country for me to get to quickly which would be needed for an eBay purchase. Plus his don’t tilt and slide, which suggests to me they are evo variants retrimmed. For that kind of money I would want them to tick all the boxes.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Phew, I hadn't noticed any of that! And that's enough to put me off them. Last night I was quite close to making an offer on them, and I'm quite banned from buying anymore car parts atm.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Phew, I hadn't noticed any of that! And that's enough to put me off them. Last night I was quite close to making an offer on them, and I'm quite banned from buying anymore car parts atm.
I had an offer come through from him today at £850. To be honest I’m going off the idea of them given the cost. I Have seen them go for as little as £400 before. Megane ones seem to be cheaper, but Jon Fozz subframes to make them fit a clio are £250! Someone is going to tell me now you can get a cheaper fitting kit...which will be annoying

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've not sat in recaros but am I right in saying they aren't the most comfortable seat for daily use? I'd have some in a heartbeat however, comfort isn't exactly high on my list of priorities.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I've not sat in recaros but am I right in saying they aren't the most comfortable seat for daily use? I'd have some in a heartbeat however, comfort isn't exactly high on my list of priorities.
I’ve just put a set of Trendlines in my car and they are not as comfortable as the standard seat but are much more supportive and sit much lower on the Fozz subframes which makes a massive difference.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I had an offer come through from him today at £850. To be honest I’m going off the idea of them given the cost. I Have seen them go for as little as £400 before. Megane ones seem to be cheaper, but Jon Fozz subframes to make them fit a clio are £250! Someone is going to tell me now you can get a cheaper fitting kit...which will be annoying

Yea I had the same offer and had considered offering £750 and perhaps settling on £800 but I've also gone off the idea! I would much prefer the Recaro CS style as fitted to later RS cars and the Corsa VXR but just can't be bothered to dump a grand on seats for a Clio, although I'm sure its one of those things you could sell on in the future before selling the car.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

I think it depends on your size, I don't mind the trendlines. but the old Recaros from 80's fords (Cosworths and RS Turbos etc) were brilliant!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I’m not worried about comfort to be honest, I barely drive the thing as it is. More interested in driving position and how the look! I like the more modern recaro’s fitted to 200’s but they are mind blowing amounts of cash and seat covers seem to last weeks not years. I would be more inclined to go the pole position route around that sort of money.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The CS are much more supportive than the trendlines and both are firmer than the standard cosy chairs but equally as comfortable for long periods. One of my CS bolsters has a spilt but in the year or so I've had them they've shown no more signs of wear and tear. The bases were dated 2009 so had been replaced at 2 or 3 years old. I'm glad I spent the extra on the CS over trendlines though.
Those vxr seats can be had cheaper and they are a different seat to the Renault ones having lower base side bolsters.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
The CS are much more supportive than the trendlines and both are firmer than the standard cosy chairs but equally as comfortable for long periods. One of my CS bolsters has a spilt but in the year or so I've had them they've shown no more signs of wear and tear. The bases were dated 2009 so had been replaced at 2 or 3 years old. I'm glad I spent the extra on the CS over trendlines though.
Those vxr seats can be had cheaper and they are a different seat to the Renault ones having lower base side bolsters.
I can’t justify spending more on a pair of seats than I did on the car mind! For that sort of money I would deffo be investing in pole positions, for the limited amounts I would use the rears. Also every pair of Renault ones I have seen pretty much have destroyed bolsters and used ones that are torn fetch over a grand!

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
IMO aftermarket seats are one of the hardest mods to get right because they are subject to the owner’s physical needs unlike a stereo.
You are also torn between looks, comfort and cost.
Trendlines are a great all round sport chair which are not to uncomfortable for most owners.
Recaro CS have very high side bolsters but you can specify the cross version which are more user friendly but as with many manufacturers they are made with faux leather and ambla suede.
I bought these Cobra Masano seats from GSM for my Z which look amazing, are made in the Uk, have a carbon back, nappa leather and high bolsters.
Bloody uncomfortable after 30 minutes!
Putting the stock 182 seats in her for next years road trip!
4AF9E122-104C-47E1-A6C6-38D1AA5A23C0.jpeg