ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy Fuel Line Problem

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
I got the 182 Trophy out for a drive yesterday and moving it onto the drive discovered that there was fuel spraying out underneath around the back of the front subframe, anti roll bar area.

Upon investigation it seems like the high pressure fuel hose which runs from just behind the subframe up to the fuel rail has developed a split in it! Not sure how, the car was fine a couple of weeks ago, I'm guessing it's more than likely age related. Anyway, I reckon I can probably fit a new one myself, however, I'm struggling to find the correct hose online in the usual places, so; does anyone know the part number for it (and the return hose which runs parallel to it, might as well replace both...) and possibly where to source these from?

I'm drawing a blank so far! Which is pretty frustrating.

Hope someone can help. Cheers! Ed.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Can you see the split? its ages since I've been near it but is there not a connection around that area?! definitely is on the 197
There is indeed a connection in that area to the line which runs under the floorpan, that seems fine, the leak is coming from further up the hose, from what I could work out around where it is clipped to the bodywork with the return hose, and sure I could feel as crack/split in the hose itself.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
There is indeed a connection in that area to the line which runs under the floorpan, that seems fine, the leak is coming from further up the hose, from what I could work out around where it is clipped to the bodywork with the return hose, and sure I could feel as crack/split in the hose itself.
ah gutted, at least having a connection means your not replacing the full line back to the tank, RPD should be able to tell you if a new replacement is still available, if not one from a breaker will be fine as its a fairly uncommon fault!

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
ah gutted, at least having a connection means your not replacing the full line back to the tank, RPD should be able to tell you if a new replacement is still available, if not one from a breaker will be fine as its a fairly uncommon fault!
Yes, I was pretty surprised as I've not heard of these hoses failing before. I've got my fingers crossed that RPD might be able to get a new replacement, but there's so many parts that are no longer available, it's a bit of a worry.

RS Clio Cup172
Same has happened on my 172cup - I will have to call around tomorrow as I will get a garage to replace fuel line than try myself. I am hoping EPOXY will hold the split leaking

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Same has happened on my 172cup - I will have to call around tomorrow as I will get a garage to replace fuel line than try myself. I am hoping EPOXY will hold the split leaking
Sorry to hear that, though I see from your other thread that you managed to get it sorted.

I ended up waiting for the length of fuel hose from the connection on the floorpan, up the side of the engine to the fuel rail on backorder from Renault in France (via RPD). It was a pretty long wait, couple of months or more, but it finally arrived and took me about 10mins to fit. Damage to the old fuel line was really odd, a crack in a place tucked well away from stuff, weird.

I was glad to get it sorted though!

172 Ph1
Just a heads up guys and gals , I make these fuel lines from the fuel rail to the connection under the drivers floor / subframe area .
I’ve made the first one and will undergo testing very soon .
Not sure if anyone has seen my repair fuel pipe before , but having 1 customer send me a message saying that my pipe didn’t fit , I was shocked and so went on to the next level of supplying the full length “first section” fuel line.

Any questions PM me and I’ll be happy to chat and answer any question.

Attachments

• IMG_7153.jpeg
    IMG_7153.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31