ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182cup spec v 172cup

i swapped my cup yesterday for a 182 with cup spec and i must say the interior is awesome, well chuffed. the feel of a 182 is not nearly as raw as the cup, even with the same suspension. both superb motors in their own right but the rattles of the cup get annoying at times, so am i glad to be rid of the boneshaker as my bird calls it? will i miss the cup......?

ok! i am already. but i have a 182

Damn... i wish i could have both. they are so different

cup= a racing car ( our lass hates it )

182= a sort of racing car that you should get in with your slippers on (our lass loves it )

hope this helps and remember stats only matter on a track!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The 182 cup pack has stiffer suspension than the cup.The springs have a higher poundage rating ,the shocks are stiffer and the caster angle is 3% more than the cup.

I would guess it feels nicer because of all the sound proofing

Dont forget the legend that is phill bennet saying "no other front wheel drive car he has driven has ever handled so well"And he is quite an authority holding the lap record round the nurberg ring in a production car(radical i think)

P.S theres no way however it would handle as well as strombas williams ha ha ha .....lol

ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Thats a good point d-cup,how do you know when you pick your car up that its got the spec you ordered.Its not like you look under the car and see a different coluor shock and say"ah yes you choose cup set up ,good choice"whos to say half the cars with cup pack havent got it.Going by renaults history i wouldnt put too much faith in them

ian

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 09 April 2004

The 182 cup pack has stiffer suspension than the cup.The springs have a higher poundage rating ,the shocks are stiffer and the caster angle is 3% more than the cup.
No its not...

The original Cup and the 182 with Cup suspension have similar shock & spring rates and they both have the same 3 deg of front castor!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 09 April 2004

No its not...

The original Cup and the 182 with Cup suspension have similar shock & spring rates and they both have the same 3 deg of front castor!
everything i have read says it has got stiffer suspension in the form of springs and dampers,autocar and evo etc and evo quoted it having a further 3% on the caster angle for improved handling over the cup

but i guess im wrong ,ian

Clio 197

Tunni too bad your lass didnt like the Cup. My two love the Ragnotti.

The like it best when we pass Porsches on the ring.

Ed

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

everything i have read says it has got stiffer suspension in the form of springs and dampers,autocar and evo etc and evo quoted it having a further 3% on the caster angle for improved handling over the cup

but i guess im wrong ,ian
So you trust magazines that much?!

Look at the reviews in both Autocar & Evo and they both claim different things from the car...

i.e.

Evo say the 182 is 69kg heavier than a Cup, wheras Autocar think the 182 weighs 111kg more than a Cup!!!

Magazines often get it wrong!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

ok mate you have made a valid point,but do we agree on phill bennetts words that he thinks its the finest handling fwd car hes been in

ian

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 09 April 2004

what is the truth..about weight I mean??
Well, the Cup weighs 1021kg and the 182 weighs 1080kg, so neither of them were correct...

Quote:

And tell us what you thought of the Megane RS!!!
You not read my post about it???

Do a search...