ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182FF Track Wheels. ET45 or ET38

Hello everyone.

Simple question really. I am looking at buying some 15" Wheels for my 182FF. I know the standard offset is 45 and was wondering what peoples opinions are when changing for track wheels. The wheels I am looking at (Pro Race 1.2. Yawn!) come in ET45, ET42 and ET38 in the size and colour I want so can't decide if I should keep it standard offset of have them out 7mm for a better looking stance.

Car is lowered on springs but no more than 40mm I would say.

Also on a 7" rim do you stick with 195/50/15 or go to 205/50/15?

Thanks.

In my opinion the ET38 would be ideal, and I've always been quite particular about keeping offests "right".

In the clio it seems to me that they built in quite a bit of negative scub (from the best estimation I can get it looks like about 15-20mm negative) so they can get away with wider offset, up to a point. The williams speedlines are around that offset (possibly ET36?) and they are a polular choice and are known to fit, run and look well.

I'm at ET40 on my 15" setup currently and it feels hardly any different to standard (from a steering response/feedback point of view) but on track you'd like to believe wider is better, of course!!! Mine is just for road ATM so I'm on 195/50's (I use 205/45 r16 on track)

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have a set of 15" PR1.2 with ET43 and running 205 RSR tyres with 16mm spacers also a set of PR1.2 with ET35 no spacers with 195 Direzza tyres car is lowered on cooksports and got 2.25deg neg camber.
The ET43 without spacers looks wrong IMO the ET35 fit is perfect and it works well on track no rubbing etc, if I ordered them again I would have gone for ET35 on both sets.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Here is a few pictures to give you an idea the white wheels are ET35
You should be able to spec the offset you want, you would probably have to wait a bit longer, also you want direct fit centre bore as the plastic spigot rings melt on track.
photo46_zps2398a7a0.jpg

DSC_00233_zpsf5b4a30f.jpg

IMG_4360_zps3accb891.jpg

Thanks for the replies. That looks great with ET35 so I will look into that.
I was just looking on Demon Tweeks and going by what they had available. I will check the ET35 and also look into the centre bore size. What is the standard centre bore is is 60.1 on all the Ph2?

PS May be swapping the 182FF for a 172 Cup so that will already have the 16" Speedlines but I may still get 15" track wheels or use the 16" for winter and then have sticky tyres on the 15" for summer and track.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Thanks for the replies. That looks great with ET35 so I will look into that.
I was just looking on Demon Tweeks and going by what they had available. I will check the ET35 and also look into the centre bore size. What is the standard centre bore is is 60.1 on all the Ph2?

PS May be swapping the 182FF for a 172 Cup so that will already have the 16" Speedlines but I may still get 15" track wheels or use the 16" for winter and then have sticky tyres on the 15" for summer and track.
I'm also after another set and would like to know the official bore size rather than using spigot rings. Will probably go et35 too, need to check what my current ones are. Also, I think someone mentioned on here somewhere that you can get a discount with demon tweaks.

They got back to me and said they would have to be custom made and it would take about 6-8 weeks. Adds another £150 to the price but has to be better than plastic rings.
So, if you are going to have some custom made any size you want is ET35 still the best offset to go for? And 7" width is more than enough for a clio right as I am hoping to get it to about 900kg.

Clio 172 (CUP)
They got back to me and said they would have to be custom made and it would take about 6-8 weeks. Adds another £150 to the price but has to be better than plastic rings.
So, if you are going to have some custom made any size you want is ET35 still the best offset to go for? And 7" width is more than enough for a clio right as I am hoping to get it to about 900kg.
What about metal spigot rings?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

Who was that with?
7 inch wide is more than enough especially with some good sticky tyres
Metal rings are good if you cant justify the extra for direct fitment.

Magikwheels quoted £525 but found found randr-alloys that can have the exact fit made for £425 posted! I was wondering if it was worth going down to 6.5" if running 195 tyres to save weight and because 195 is thinnest recommended tyre for a 7" rim and some track tyres are a little wider in comparison?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
you will not be able to spec the width of the wheel, as the tool dictates that, the only "adjustable part" will be the offset, centre bore and PCD all of which are machined after casting.

£425 is not bad

Ok thanks. I thought that price was good too. Demon Tweeks have a good offer on them at the moment at £385 but as soon as you spec the size I would want it goes up to £462 + P+P

Might have to get them ordered for £425 posted!

Turns out that price was it supplied with spigot rings not 60.1 centre bore. So is it work an extra £100 to have the correct size or should I just use metal spigot rings?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Turns out that price was it supplied with spigot rings not 60.1 centre bore. So is it work an extra £100 to have the correct size or should I just use metal spigot rings?
I still use plastic spigots on track, no problems so far. I've done about 10 track days on them and it gets used properly ;) Put it this way the DS2500 pads glazed, the discs were blue but the plastic spigots were fine.

I still use plastic spigots on track, no problems so far. I've done about 10 track days on them and it gets used properly :wink: Put it this way the DS2500 pads glazed, the discs were blue but the plastic spigots were fine.

I melted my plastic spigot rings on it's 1st track day but I still had the arch liners in and no additional cooling.....oops!

Clio 172 (CUP)
(sorry don't want to distract/hijack the thread but it's kinda related...)

That offset might suit me. I'm got a small dilemma, I currently have a 172 cup running ET45 TD pro 1.2's with 25mm bolt-on front spacers and 10mm fixed shims on the rear, the stance looks good and felt good on track the other week (still a novice though!). I want to go with two sets of wheels for track and sprints etc (wet and dry-intermediate) so will potentially be swapping wheels on the day. I believe the standard 172 cup is ET38.5, the obvious approach to me is to buy the same ET45 and therefore leave the spacers alone and support a quick simple wheel change - is my logic right, I'm I missing something?

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20141212_112254-cropped.jpg
    20141212_112254-cropped.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 110
  Clio 172 (CUP)
(sorry don't want to distract/hijack the thread but it's kinda related...)

That offset might suit me. I'm got a small dilemma, I currently have a 172 cup running ET45 TD pro 1.2's with 25mm bolt-on front spacers and 10mm fixed shims on the rear, the stance looks good and felt good on track the other week (still a novice though!). I want to go with two sets of wheels for track and sprints etc (wet and dry-intermediate) so will potentially be swapping wheels on the day. I believe the standard 172 cup is ET38.5, the obvious approach to me is to buy the same ET45 and therefore leave the spacers alone and support a quick simple wheel change - is my logic right, I'm I missing something?

Any advice welcome. Thanks.
Made a decision. Might have a set of TD pro race 1.2 et45 up for sale post holidays.