ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup - Ktec exhaust + decat (with vids)

A few weeks ago I noticed a for sale thread from Tedzo on 197.net who was looking to sell his ktec system and decat. I'd been contemplating one for a while so went for it.

The system arrive - along with some of his diffuser too it seems haha

2013-02-12164519_zps45c3ae24.jpg

In the boot it went

2013-02-22214858_zps34683f99.jpg

and off to the garage

2013-02-23104738_zps3be59fe2.jpg

2013-02-23104939_zpsb542eb5c.jpg

I had it fitted with the decat in the morning then had MOT in the afternoon. It passed and flew through the emissions test which made me chuckle.

Stopped for a bite to eat on the way home

2013-02-23151219_zps7c54bde2.jpg

And have been enjoying the exhaust since then. Love it so much, glad I got it. Yes,there's a flat spot at 2.5k but the power is all above that so I'm not too worried.

Today we took the car up to some private clay company roads (enter at your own risk etc) near where we live and did a few pics and vids.

2013-02-24130612_zps57ba0176.jpg

549428_10152578521485582_1699855020_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers all.

Nah these at more toward Clay Country side of St Austell, so behind villages like Lanjeth, Foxhole, Carthew and Roche.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Love that last pic, one for next years calender :) if i put one of these on my 197 do you think the wife would notice?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Sounds well that!!

Been mulling over an Akrapovic, trying to justify the cost, especially as its cambelt time in the next week!

Love that last pic, one for next years calender :) if i put one of these on my 197 do you think the wife would notice?

Haha yes I'm sure she would. I think the way that you could get around it is explain that your current system has rusted away and you need a new one...guenuine Renault parts are silly money so you had to get a ktec system so that you could save money to put towards he birthday....or something along those lines.

Sounds amazing. China House FTW. Where abouts are those private roads Jcs??
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...;Fcd2AAMdwGe2_w&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&z=16

The highlighted section is the private bit of the road......all the roads in the area though are pretty good fun and barely used though.

Sounds mint but I think the flat spot will annoy you after a while (it did me).

I expect it will tbh, but hopefully by this time I can get it mapped out.

Sounds well that!!

Been mulling over an Akrapovic, trying to justify the cost, especially as its cambelt time in the next week!

I did look at the Akrapovic system and also the supersprint system...both awesome bits of kit but just felt that the were way to high in price for my budget.

Once again thanks for the comments guys :)

Last edited: