ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup refresh begins

ibiza cupra
glad to see some more progress mate.

mini valver, i should be poping down with my mate on tues to get that engine so ill be able to put a face to a name lol. oh yeah, i think hes been trying to ring you too.

M

mini-valver

Yeah no problem mate! Phone's in a mates car so I'll bell him tommorrow!

Face is gurning in one of those pics, lol

Black Gold Trophy
This project looks good, only criticism I have is your disregard for your own safety whilst fitting the exhaust and the fact you havent removed the valves or the balancing weights from the wheels when spraying.

This project looks good, only criticism I have is your disregard for your own safety whilst fitting the exhaust

I didnt fit the exhaust, and did little above watch. Mini-valver fitted it and was obviously happy doing it with just the trolley jack. Thats his call and not mine.

and the fact you havent removed the valves or the balancing weights from the wheels when spraying.

IMO valves didnt need removing. Couple of wheel weights were missed and tbh I dont really care because at some point they will be properly refurbished.

Not had time to get wheels fitted, but got some interesting bits, and possible 197 firsts on the boil so watch this space ;)

M

mini-valver

Carl had ride side strips and a red bacnd over all the arches!

And this is a 197 ;)

Just an update of where things are at.

Wheels - ready to go on just need to get tyres swapped over.

Decal removal - will happen when I get chance to clean thd car.

new secret styling parts - will go on once wheels are on and decals removed

new secret 197 first - awaiting delivery and will be fitted immediately

new secret Performance part - got mostthe bits I need to make and fit it, just need time to do so and preferably a warmer day. This bits likely to be new year.

New year onwards will see more custom performance mods, oil temp gauge, hopefully a safety devices half cage and some more neat touches to exterior and interior.

Not got a car
Red wheels will look nice, shame you didnt take the weights off. when you come to get a new trye balanced you'll have a flakey silver patch.

Red wheels will look nice, shame you didnt take the weights off. when you come to get a new trye balanced you'll have a flakey silver patch.

Easily fixed, and as you'll see if you read the thread, I forgot to take it off...

ANYWAY...

UPDATE TIME

Had a part arrive just now, is the first one of its kind for a 197 ;) Will be fitted later and will update with pics accordingly. Will grab some pics of the side strips on the car as well.

Now for the bad news, due to personal cirscumtances the refresh will be slowing right down. Basically anything thats going to cost me money is on stop. This means theres a couple more updates still to come as there a few bits and pieces I can still do that arent going to cost me anything, or cost little enough I can still do them. Unfortunately once these bits are done, it looks like this thread will dry up a bit. Hopefully it wont be on hold too long, but only time will tell. :(

Pics of side strips:

10.jpg

11.jpg

And now for the secret 197 first ;)

A rear strut brace! Thanks to Earpl for making it. Its top quality item, fit is perfect and finish is excellent to. Pics:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Sorry about the low res photos, I've lost the lead to my proper camera so having to use camera phone.

A note on the rear strut, you do have to remove the rear carpets to fit. However, it would be possible to fit with carpet in place which I will be doing at a later date. All you'd need to do is locate the strut top bolt, cut a + shape in the carpet just big enough to push the bolt through, and then bolt it into place that way.

Am very happy with it anyway, and will probably paint at a later date just to make it fit the colour scheme.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Not keen on the strips, stickers, basically everything you done, the Tow sticker looks alright, but IMO your just ruining it, was mint when you picked it up.

edit: Red wheels could look good though.

Nick have you read the thread????

All stickers - R27 style, pedo bear, motorsport safety stickers, tow - are all being removed. As is the carbon wrap on the diamonds.

Red wheels will be going on eventually, as will some other new styling bits, details of which are remaining secret.

The side strips look great imo and will work best with the new styling bits.

Titanium 182
I like your plans but it's possibly one of the slowest moving progress threads I've ever read :rasp:

When are those red wheels going on ?!? you started painting them like 5 years ago.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That rear strut wont do anything, same as the MK2. All the load is on the rear chassis legs where the springs sit, ie there is no twisting/load on the damper turrets. Nice idea though.

I like your plans but it's possibly one of the slowest moving progress threads I've ever read :rasp:

When are those red wheels going on ?!? you started painting them like 5 years ago.

LOL! See previous page for explanation of why everythings suddenly gone very slow.

Ditch the graphics, apart from that good progress.

What she said \/ \/ \/ \/

And he is going to

Beg pardon?

Again, what she said \/ \/ \/ \/

You would have to cut a hole ;)

That rear strut wont do anything, same as the MK2. All the load is on the rear chassis legs where the springs sit, ie there is no twisting/load on the damper turrets. Nice idea though.

Probably, will do untill I get my hands on a half cage though. Which unfortunately I now have no idea when that will be :( Was meant to be new year.

Megane R26
So after 8 pages, you have fitted a strut brace, an exhaust and painted your bump strips?

Is the big stuff coming soon?

Nope.

Now for the bad news, due to personal cirscumtances the refresh will be slowing right down. Basically anything thats going to cost me money is on stop. This means theres a couple more updates still to come as there a few bits and pieces I can still do that arent going to cost me anything, or cost little enough I can still do them. Unfortunately once these bits are done, it looks like this thread will dry up a bit. Hopefully it wont be on hold too long, but only time will tell. :(

Last edited: