ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
^^ not driven 1 either but beat a 197 when mine was pretty stardard plus ad me bro in my car n he was on his own!! n mine about 230bhp now being on throttle boddies + cam`s ect so fair to say i`ll `piss al ova it` lol

Ah fair play. With 230bhp in a 1020kg car, you should see off most things. Hardly a bad reflection on the 197Cup. You should take a drive in a 197, they handle fantastically. The steering was a little light on the early model I drove, but I think they addressed this with the R27 and (now) Cup. Obviously it's going to be a LOT slower than your car though.

Strewth though. Your steed must fookin' shift if it has anything close to the power you claim :evil:

weighs less than that cause its stripped, keep ya informed cause getting it bak nxt week hopefullly. :rasp: ;)

VaVa
197's suck, whatever the format. Seb can't face up to that fact, probably cos he's a homo. Just look at his avatar for confirmation.

happykid.gif

PMSL! I had to find a picture of a keyboard and a warrior last time. But that's even better!

*right click save as*

You've got pictures of young boys on your puta,Roy? You a paedo,or what?

LOL sorry but I can't be arsed to get involved in a debate about it mate - exchanging schoolground insults on a Saturday night doesn't really do it for me TBH. You're a c**k, and that's the end of it :rasp:

Mountune Tractor
I've just realised that the new alloys on the cup, which are f**king s**t, are the same pieces of gash you can find on a bloody laguna! wtf!
I agree that having dark alloys on a white car is nice but these wheels are crap.

To me they just look like the white optional wheels that you could already get, but in black. I could be wrong. Either way I think they look ok from what little we can see of them :)

NEED V6!
Sounds quick it'll get to 60 in 6secs an to 100mph in around 15.50 secs not bad could be tempted with the money i've been saving for the R26 in Liquid yellow.:cool:

Great Value, when is it available to order etc.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ja.jack... why are you so confrontational?

the 197 is a great car. you clearly don't agree, but thats fine as that is your opnion. so why you persist to keep trolling 197 threads i do not know. i reckon you may just be a little bit lonely.

cup 182 mit stripes

the 197 is a great car. you clearly don't agree, but thats fine as that is your opnion. so why you persist to keep trolling 197 threads i do not know. i reckon you may just be a little bit lonely.[/quote

I was only giving this thread a cursory glance when I saw you invoking my name 'where is ja.jack to flame post bty' so being a bit confrontational I had to respond.

I have no time to be lonely with two teenage children to look after, but one thing that disturbs me is the barely suppressed animosity that some of you English have towards your northern neighbours. What do you mean by 'keep trolling 197 threads' Am I not allowed to say it's an unworthy and disappointing successor to the 182?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

the 197 is a great car. you clearly don't agree, but thats fine as that is your opnion. so why you persist to keep trolling 197 threads i do not know. i reckon you may just be a little bit lonely.[/quote

I was only giving this thread a cursory glance when I saw you invoking my name 'where is ja.jack to flame post bty' so being a bit confrontational I had to respond.

I have no time to be lonely with two teenage children to look after, but one thing that disturbs me is the barely suppressed animosity that some of you English have towards your northern neighbours. What do you mean by 'keep trolling 197 threads' Am I not allowed to say it's an unworthy and disappointing successor to the 182?

yes lets play the racial card now... do you pick on me purely because i am English? Thats what i think so it must be right. Or is it because you think i am a 'homo'?

From reading your posts i only ever really see you pop up slagging down the 197 threads or trying ot start an arguemnt in the mechanical section. Of course you are allowed your say but you post it continually.

I would suggest it is time ot grow up, act your age, instead of posting replies in topics with the sole intent of causing argument.s There are better ways to get your point of view across . I don't bother to try and interact with you normally (until now.) as there is no point.

Obviously we agree to disagree on the views on certian cars, but lets cut out the petty comments and abuse?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
deary me, i don't even know Mr Wiggum! But does it not say something with all the anti ja.jack sentiment within this thread? I think you should look further than the fact you are Scottish (i only found that out tonight.) and look at the reasoning may be behind your posting.

It hardly matters tbh as i have reported the problems you create for me, for what ever reasosn they are (only you know that.) to DK, the chief moderator.

Reported also.

All you do is constantly flame bait and upset people.

Forum needs less people like you on it.#

Comment about being Scottish retracted, this has nothing to do with your attitude, you still an arsewipe though.

VaVa
It could be. I've never heard of the place!

I'm considering, after four Beechams cold and flu tablets and a 6 pack of Coors, selling my house and spunking some of the profit on a 197 Cup. lol.

Last edited:
I just wish I could even hazzard a guess at the weight saving. AC could be maybe as much as 15kg factoring in the compressor, clutch and hoses etc? Smaller things like electric mirror motors obviously add up if there are enough small savings. The talk of different dash materials and door cards interests me, but frankly I don't know what they're like in the standard Clio III, so perhaps it really does just mean cheaper sunday market interior. There's no mention of things like thinner glass, but then it's still early days. I can't imagine we would be talking more than c. 80kg, although anything is welcome, and it will look the b****cks and out handle every hot hatch out there.

Cup FTW ;)

EDIT: I think the standard 197 is around 1240kg right? Surely the Cup has to to come in under 1200kg or it'll just be seen as a 182Cup. Also just thinking - they cannot remove the ABS, which was a fairly big saving in the 172Cup wasn't it? The pump, rotors and sensors and things. All of which the 197 has to keep by law. Hmmm. C'mon renault you f*****s - do us proud eh :D

EDIT2: I'd personally have to have AC also (climae if they do it) so I would probably be saving about 3 ounces and would have a low rent interior...

Last edited:
I just wish I could even hazzard a guess at the weight saving. AC could be maybe as much as 15kg factoring in the compressor, clutch and hoses etc? Smaller things like electric mirror motors obviously add up if there are enough small savings. The talk of different dash materials and door cards interests me, but frankly I don't know what they're like in the standard Clio III, so perhaps it really does just mean cheaper sunday market interior. There's no mention of things like thinner glass, but then it's still early days. I can't imagine we would be talking more than c. 80kg, although anything is welcome, and it will look the b****cks and out handle every hot hatch out there.

Cup FTW ;)

EDIT: I think the standard 197 is around 1240kg right? Surely the Cup has to to come in under 1200kg or it'll just be seen as a 182Cup. Also just thinking - they cannot remove the ABS, which was a fairly big saving in the 172Cup wasn't it? The pump, rotors and sensors and things. All of which the 197 has to keep by law. Hmmm. C'mon renault you f**kers - do us proud eh :D

EDIT2: I'd personally have to have AC also (climae if they do it) so I would probably be saving about 3 ounces and would have a low rent interior...

Does the 197 have a spare wheel as standard? Deleting that will be a nice saving (until you get a puncture of course!)

RE deleting the a/c - aside from the weight saving there is also no drain on the engine powering it (which is why 172 Cups tend to perform well on RRs' compared to 172FF I believe). Also its cheaper (easier) to change the cambelt (at least it is for a 172 Cup).

Maybe Renault need to look at lighter body panels/ wheels (too expensive?) and less sound deadening to make a worthwhile saving over the standard model.

Interesting about the sound deadening. I work in the industry and know first hand that some of the material they use these days is thick & heavy. The stuff behind the dash and in the footwells of the Freelander 2 is up to an inch thick.

Removing lots of it would add up to a fair few kilos I imagine. It'd also make the car one noisy f**ker, but this is the Cup right, so that's ok :evil: If they wanted to go mad like that then electric windows could be dumped (is there any non-electric hardware already engineered for Clio III?) but at some point no one will buy the damn thing if it's just a good handling tin of nails.

I for one await some more details, until then it's all just speculation. Interesting all the same, especially as it looks so damn good.