ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 EML and battery draining probs (techies look in please!)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've got a couple of issues with my mums 197 at the moment, the EML popped up on the dash last week, I took it to the local garage and they ran a diagnostic and gave us this report. The garage cleared this codes and the car seems to run fine.

0148772e-cb8c-4e01-b25d-eac23de1843e_zps2f2c608b.jpg

Meanwhile whenever the car is left standing for more than a week the battery drains to practically nothing, we have replaced the battery twice to rectify this. I'm at a loss as to why it drains even the garage noticed that the battery was running down as they had left it a few days before looking at it. Could this have caused to the above issues or is it a separate problem?

Cheers

Matt.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thanks for the link mate, hope it's not down to incorrect timing... it's had the belts changed around 2 years ago.

Megane dci 130
Camshaft sensors on the k4m engine cause a battery drain but Iv never seen one fail on a f4r.

Get a new one on there.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Firstly, ignore DF080 (for now at least). The dephaser circuit will not work without the camshaft sensor input and priority should be given to DF119.

I've changed a few CPS on the 197 F4R which has fixed these BUT I've also had a couple that needed a dephaser also.

Ideally you need CLIP here to see what is actually occuring within the VVC and yes I am aware there are other bits of kit out there but I've yet to see a snap-on Solus give decent, reliable parameter data on this circuit. Then you need someone to confirm the wiring between the UPC, ECU & CPS but if you want to take a gamble replace the sensor... please buy a genuine unit though and not a GSF £27 cheapo as they never last.

Mick

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thanks for the reply Mick. Looks like I need to find someone local with a CLIP device, otherwise I'll be giving you a call sometime soon :)

The flat battery issue it's got too, could this be related or just a coincidence and a separate problem?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could be yes as mentioned above, they do pull the battery down on the K4M unit when faulty.

Mick

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Quick update, took the car out for a good drive today and the light/dash board display has stayed off. I will just have to see whether or not it stays off.