ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Headlight Surrounds

RB R27
I searched through the forums for a topic on this but I couln't find anything about it.

I think the Xenon headlights in the 197 look amazin with the black surroudns inside the lights, whereas the normal silver ones just don't look quite as nice. I'm not really too bothered about getting the actual xenons but I do want the look of the headlight as a whole. Is it possible to piant the sinide of the healight like you can do on most other cars or would I have to order a whole new headlamp unti from renualt? If i did this would I have to buy the whoe xenon package as well?

Cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
As said in another thread, you should imo be able to get the halogen cornering light 'sport' clusters......(same as mine) but the multiplugs are different i believe, so maybe some cutting of the loom might be involved. The cornering lamps wont work, (disconnected mine anyway ;)) But the side/dip and main should imo.

E30 318iS x2
The black surround lights are £300+ each from reno. There are some angel light style ones on ebay (dont snigger) which dont look tooo bad.

Quite like my cornering lights why you disconnect em gaz?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Look gay in built up areas lol!!! Light up pavements/people lol. Also them angle eye lamps are GHEY. I did see a gen Renault cluster brand new go for £20 the other week!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd get the first link, looks fine, then just keep an eye out for a passenger one!!! No rush is there :)

White Sti Hatch
Id go with what Gaz says.....

Ive still to actualy see my Cornering lights work lol, dont think they do......

cornering lights are great when manouvering but everyone thinks you have a light out when one is on and the other isnt!

dont you recognise them coming on now with the difference between the xenons and the halogens of the cornering ones?!

White Sti Hatch
dont you recognise them coming on now with the difference between the xenons and the halogens of the cornering ones?!

Nope ive never noticed them coming on for all i know there prob blown....

I disconnected mine, bloody wierd looking!!

I tryed disconnecting the plugs on the rear of the Headlight butcould only get the we Servo one off as needed to resecure my Ballasts.....Will have to check my lamps next time ive got the bumper off.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Feel sorry for the cornering lights on mine.

The road through my estate winds so much they must come on 20 times just driving to the main road lol

I do think the darker surrounds look so much better though.

RB R27
at least i know now that all i need is the cornering lights extra and not xenons, that would have been expensive lol. cheers guys

Please can someone explain what cornering lights actually are? Im looking to buy a 197 on the weekend and it has cornering lights.

Thanks

White clique
Please can someone explain what cornering lights actually are? Im looking to buy a 197 on the weekend and it has cornering lights.

Thanks

the cornering lights come as standard with the Xenons (also comes with headlamp wash), and can be identified by the black light surround as mentioned here.

When you have your headlights on, if you turn the steering wheel about 30 degrees, a lamp with an outward facing reflector lights up on the side of the road you are turning towards. This light is on the outside edge of the cluster, next to the main bulb. You can deffo notice it at night. The car does not have to be moving, and it doesnt operate by the indicators, as they do with the Mercs. It also switches off in reverse.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Both Renault Black surround headlamps come with cornering lamps, be that either the Halogen version (without headlamp washers) or the Xenon units (with headlamp washers) Both clusters are identical, other than what lamps are fitted.

White Sti Hatch
Both Renault Black surround headlamps come with cornering lamps, be that either the Halogen version (without headlamp washers) or the Xenon units (with headlamp washers) Both clusters are identical, other than what lamps are fitted.

Do you still get them as an option on new cars or are the a part of the Xenon package only now ???

RB R27
Has anyone ever fitted a set of these headlight clusters after buying them from like ebay or something. I have read that u need to fit all the wiring and dummy bulbs so that they pass the mot. Also, i am stupid and i have no idea what to do :p

White Sti Hatch
Far as i know no ones swapped the heads lights round on a Mk3 yet so your on your own with the wiring side