ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 on 'Raider' spec wheels

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Saw my first 197 on the optional Raider wheels today. It was a black one, just like this on here - http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk8/wuffin_2008/PICT0003.jpg - which I found with a forum search, and here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=295781&highlight=white+197 that I stumbled on searching for white 197s to show a mate!

It was spotlessly clean 08 reg, parked up in the sunshine, and it looked absolutely stunning. I *loved* the wheels in the flesh I really did, I wouldn't mind seeing what a set looked liked on mine LY R27 - as mine has the anthracite cup chassis wheels. You can get them with the cup chassis now from new though, and this one I saw had both options, because it had the red as opposed to silver brake calipers - as an idle thought I wondered if the Cup chassis was discounted at all, but then I thought nah if you didn't have the anthracite paint you'd have silver paint hehe :)

Anyone else seen the Raiders in the flesh? Or own em? Opinions?

they seem to be very very rare over here.

i do like them a lot; the finish is very similar to that of the 18inch Monzas on my old MK5 Golf GTI.

Only thing that puts me off these "chromey" wheels is that if u kerb them, getting them refurbed is an absolute nightmare.

Only a few places in the UK are capable of fixing them.... something about diamond polishing was mentioned by one chap at a wheel refurb place!

They do look lovely with white.... great with black too.

Not convinced they'll suit albi/raing blue, ultra red or LY tho......

C

Cupster

Meh, look ok, not sure about the silver mirror covers that you get with them though!

Renaultsport Clio 197
My local dealer has their demonstrator up for sale which has Raiders on, they look great!

I want to swap them for my Black Speedlines.

Lee

BMW M2C
I think they look great against the darker colours, very classy.

I'd rather have a less classy, more motorsport looking wheel. Saying that mine are the same only in anthracite. Not that I had much choice as I didn't want the black speedlines.

I'm not a fan of any of the satin pack either, the silver mirrors and grills look okay against some colours, but again, only the darker ones for me.

Mini Cooper S sport
LOVE those wheels, they look great - they look the absolute nuts n anthracite on your car as well Lee.

As said, refurbing them would be a pain though, guess you could get them powdercoated if you had no other option...but it would be a shame.