ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 so far.....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thought i'd do a little write up of the bits ive done to the 197 sice i got it in Jan this year.

So here it is in the compound at the garage i bought it from. Standard as you like, little rough round the edges ;)

06012008137.jpg

First jobs were to debage the C L I O badge off the boot, and silver vision indicators pinched from my previous 182 :)

Pic in the Birchown workshop, after having a nosey round it :approve:

13012008158.jpg

debadged rear,

DSC01461-1.jpg

It stayed like that for a month or two, waiting on parts for some more mods

197 4x4 ;)

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

Then for the serious stuff ;)

Took delivery of these beauties :evil:

HR2.jpg

HR1.jpg

Then for fitment.......... BIG thanks to Steve from Birchdown (and Sparkey ;) ). Kept us amused one Sat afternoon!!! Chips and Coke FTW

Lots of tapping sticks ;)
DSC01470.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01472-1.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

More complex than the MK2 for sure lol

Then fitted,

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

Rears fitted (doddle in comparison!!)

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

Now looking more respectible :approve: (new plates fitted too)

Before,
DSC01461-1.jpg

After,
plate1.jpg

Before,
DSC01468-1.jpg

After,
060507041.jpg

Before,
DSC01459.jpg

After,
197hr.jpg

Then next was brakes. Looking a bit lost for 4 pots, and the cast finish wasn't cleaning up too well. So, purchased some red paint :) So over Easter had a major job on. Repainted all calipers front and back. (Another big up to SBV116)

Ye old original finished calipers

brakes13.jpg

Some during pics.....

Sanded decals off and keyed for primer

brakes3.jpg

Primer,

brakes2.jpg

Final coats

brakes6.jpg

Rear,
brakes5.jpg

Refitted,

brakes7.jpg

brakes8.jpg

Rolled out

brakes12.jpg

Then left the brakes to cure for a week, awaiting the Brembo decals to be fitted. The following weekend, (crap phone pic)
29032008080.jpg

Then turned to the wheels. They'd had a crap previous refurb, and were left in a reet state. Managed to source x2 used but good 197 wheels. Fitted them, this then gave me two to refurb.....

Previous state,

DSC01499.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

Gave em a rubdown, then primered in White,

DSC01503.jpg

Painted silver,

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

Refitted these after a few weeks of curing.

Took some pics as it stands now, after a spin in North Wales a few weeks ago :approve:

Barmouth069.jpg

Barmouth064.jpg

Barmouth063.jpg

Barmouth062.jpg

Barmouth078.jpg

Barmouth075.jpg

Its getting a good PC + detail this Weekend, so getting a few pics of it in the sun hopefully. Pretty happy with it now, still not sure on a spoiler tbh, think they all look too stuck on (eila one inc) I really like the clean lines of it as it stands!!! Might source two more alloys (have x2 spare in the shed now) for possible Anthricte/Black refurb. We'll see ;)

Last edited:

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Nice job esp on the wheels Gaz:approve:

How many coats of primer/ topcoat/ lacquer did you use?

And which type of silver finish paint.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Impeccable taste!

With Pole Positions, this would edge ahead of the old Cuppy!

Awesome. :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
way prefer these to 1*2's, looks really nice from the back!

Best angle by a long way. Thats why i think i'll leave a boot spolier, it spoils the lines........The rear 3/4 shot is the best. Diffuser, flaired front/rear arches and wing vents in shot. Looks bloody awesome when clean. I'll try and get some good shots. If its sunny the colour should come out better too!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not wrong. I knew it would look 100% better lowered. Not really lost any comfort either on the H&R's. No need to be sooo high as standard. Dont get any clearance/catching issues either. Win win ;)

Stunner you know how to make a tasty Clio, its not quite up there with the Cup but im sure it will be when you've finished.
Everytime I see this Albi I want a 197!

mk4 golf gttdi180
how many owners it had ?just the 1 previos to u ? wheels seem to have had a hard life for the gae of the car .good job on the calipers nice to see em being removed for a change.

A Euro'd one...
Very nice fella your car looks mint. I wouldn't bother with a spoiler as none of them flow with the lines of the car, besides it looks better without one.

Id also re do the wheels in white I think it would compliment the Albi blue really well.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats odd, is normally i'm no a fan of red calipers, but they look so right on the clio R27/197

Good job, your cars are always mint.

White Sti Hatch
at last a thread up about them mate its only been about 3 months lol.....Looks real good think i may be switching to H&Rs later this year !