ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 so far.....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
very nice.

Spacers FTW?

Nah, dont think so, most 197's are spaced too far tbh. Sit fine imo :) No need to mess about with them

H&R price?

You fit them?

Dear ;). Steve (Birchdown) Fitted them, i assisted lol They are OK, but a bit fiddly to sort the front end lol

Very nice fella your car looks mint. I wouldn't bother with a spoiler as none of them flow with the lines of the car, besides it looks better without one.

Id also re do the wheels in white I think it would compliment the Albi blue really well.

Spot on about the spolier, not bothering tbh (as said in the post) They all look to stuck on for my liking. Not a fan of White wheels, too much maintenance lol.

Cheers for the replies chaps!!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Excellent! And as we are a pair of fussy feckers, it is mint up close aswell!!!!
We will be having an old school cup v 197 photo shoot soon i am hoping!!!

Top drawer kid!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent! And as we are a pair of fussy feckers, it is mint up close aswell!!!!
We will be having an old school cup v 197 photo shoot soon i am hoping!!!

Top drawer kid!

Comin soon, christmas 08 ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
stunning. makes me want a 197. as said before, how it should look
from the factory :)

totally agree, i love the 197's though, theres just something about them which i really like, the rear end does it for me to be honest with ya

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The haters are warming lol!!! Gave it a good PC'ing on Friday. Then it rained Sunday lol. No detailed pics yet :(

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Love that, mate has one the same colour but he's not doing a thing to it as it still has it's warranty lol.

White Sti Hatch
Love that, mate has one the same colour but he's not doing a thing to it as it still has it's warranty lol.

Still have the warrenty no matter what he does only way he wont is if they can prove that the mods have caused the fault and thats Fact :approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Very nice!

Bought from fords of Winsford?

Yep, hense the rough round the edges quote lol. Cheap as chips though.

Still have the warrenty no matter what he does only way he wont is if they can prove that the mods have caused the fault and thats Fact :approve:

Yeah f**k it tbh. I have a Kev ;) For servicing (Birchdown) It went back to Renault for an AC fault, fixed no problem. If it was for a suspension knock/fail it would be a different matter though........

Cayman S Edition 1
Looks good mate. Very similar to mine except I went for the Eibach springs and had my wheels painted anthrecite.

respray1.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I remembered when you posted them up :) Isn't it funny how Albii looks and photo's so differently?. I gave mine a full PC to get some decnt close up pics, then it rained :(

Cayman S Edition 1
Yeah I know what you mean mate.

thinking of selling it in a few months, but not made up my mind yet. I'd prob end up with my wife's Trophy as she wants a Racing Blue 182. I'm not fussed as I love the Trophy (and it was me that wanted it in the first place!)

Hi all!!
Can you give me please details on the H&R coilover kit foor the 197? I'm from Greece and I cannot find the suitable model for the 197 from H&R except KW, which I don't prefer!!
Thanks a lot!!
Regards to all!

White Sti Hatch
Still a shed :rasp:

Ill have to try find you at FCS mate ne have a wee chat, you going out before hand or driving down on the day ?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Was looking pretty mint last night tbf, apart from the worlds biggest bird s**t on the door handle! lol!

Edit : looks a lot better than my shed! pmsl!!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Still a shed :rasp:

Ill have to try find you at FCS mate ne have a wee chat, you going out before hand or driving down on the day ?

Taking the gf, so driving down on the day, wont be till about 11ish imo!! I'll squeeze it on the CS area somewhere!!

Was looking pretty mint last night tbf, apart from the worlds biggest bird s**t on the door handle! lol!

Edit : looks a lot better than my shed! pmsl!!!!

The Cup will be mint!!! ;)

Had a thought last night...... i'll pm you......

White Sti Hatch
Taking the gf, so driving down on the day, wont be till about 11ish imo!! I'll squeeze it on the CS area somewhere!!

Fair play, im on the Megs Stand cause im special !! Ill come alookin for you in the afternoon

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No worries!!

Wanna PC mine, but dont think i'll get the time tbh :(

White Sti Hatch
I just did mine the other day n as soon as i finished started pissing with rain and hasnt stopped yet !

RCS 172
I must say I have thoroughly followed the progress of your 197 as I hope to create a similar wee beast my self in Australia.

Few quick questions if you don't mind.

What's your thoughts on the HR coil overs. How do you find the ride compared to the standard dampers?
Have you driven a 197 cup? If so how does the ride/firmness & handling of your car compare?
Finally Was there a reason you chose HR over KW?

Cheers mate

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I must say I have thoroughly followed the progress of your 197 as I hope to create a similar wee beast my self in Australia.

Few quick questions if you don't mind.

What's your thoughts on the HR coil overs. How do you find the ride compared to the standard dampers?
Have you driven a 197 cup? If so how does the ride/firmness & handling of your car compare?
Finally Was there a reason you chose HR over KW?

Cheers mate

Cheers :cool:
I love the H&R's. They are very refined, imo perfect for road use. Never driven a cup chassied car, but imo they are only slightly stiffer than the standard 197 set up, so they must be on par?. The reason i chose H&R is because i had them on a 172 Cup for three years, and they were perfect for me. Imo you wont go wrong with either choice, the german TUV stuff is very good :)

Where were you at FCS ! ? seen your bus but never ever seen you round it !

wannabe rapper said:
it's not how you stand by your car its how you race it....
:sleepy:

Nah had a good mill about, yours was tip top tbh!!! only decent car on that stand imo (well the 172 was mint, and the C2 wasnt bad) Didnt see you by it/in it though, so fack knows!!! :S

White Sti Hatch
Was in it a couple times trying to sleep but the c**t with the ubber bas in the C2 kept cranking the pish tunes !

Got a couple snaps of your car ill send you them laters

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice one, was a bit out of it where i parked but never mind!!

I swear that C2 had boom boom pow on repeat........!