ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 steering wheel on 182!?!?

Civic Type S GT
Will a Clio 197 steering wheel fit a 182? Because lets be honest, they are much nicer,look the dogs swingers and fingers crossed don't melt like the 182 one's do!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Pretty sure that they won't as it uses a different steering boss or something. Damn shame as my steering wheel is starting to f**k up. Stupid fake leather.

Thats very interesting. Christ knows how much that all costs from Renault. I guess around £500 including the airbag?

The 182 steering wheel is £350. I had to laugh when I was quoted that price. May see how much a retrim is.

Do they sell it without the airbag?

I'm pretty certain that price didn't include the airbag!

He said that I could pay for a new one and then they would submit a warranty claim to Renault and see what happened.

Like f**k am I going to do that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not too bad, considering how much a 182 one is. I *might* look into it if i get bored of my Sabelt one. The wheel is awesome on the 197. When we offered up that 200 Cup item on my 172 the wheel from the 200 fit inside the 172 one!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i think it'll all plug and play. Uses the same Resistors on steves 200, as my 172, so to me that says it uses the same airbag parameters etc. There may be a small mod to the hub of the wheel to the cancel pins, they were longer on the 200 wheel. Nothing a file couldnt sort imo!

wonedr how long its gona be till we see the first then....can defo see the appeal of havin the newer wheel and keeping the airbag. i love my sparco ring wheel but to be able to have somethin a similar ish size with an airbag would be awesome.

the original wheels just nasty. feels like your driving a bus.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
i think it'll all plug and play. Uses the same Resistors on steves 200, as my 172, so to me that says it uses the same airbag parameters etc. There may be a small mod to the hub of the wheel to the cancel pins, they were longer on the 200 wheel. Nothing a file couldnt sort imo!

Good stuff...Although I may still go for a R-sport sabelt one :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

For all the doubters, we trial fitted kev steves MK3 steering wheel, it fits, same splines etc!! Smaller than a standard wheel, and 99% sure the airbag will wire up too (same resistors required as the MK2)

PROOF!!!
Image0051.jpg

there?

DCi 100
Same old question to be asked, is the RS steering spline/collumn the same as the 1.2's?

Will buy one of these if so!

325xi ¦ MX-5
just read on a french forum a post from a user that bought an 197 wheel and tested it! he said the airbag plugs are not compatible and the wheel rubs on the steering column covers...
that was a year ago...
he also said that the Twingo RS steering wheel does fit! but requires modification to the horn switch (the twingo wheel doesn't have it)
the airbag is a direct fit and the twingo one cannot be used.

on another forum i found pics:
http://www.forum-auto.com/les-clubs/section21/sujet389472.htm#t15562037

feels empty without the badge... and it has the same diameter as the Clio wheel...

Barge
My 197 steering wheel doesn't look like that. There's no perforated leather on that one? Looks like the ones in a standard Mk3 to me.

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ its my cup!

The SPLINES are the same in my 200 cup, as gas's 172 cup. Thaty was all we tried!

So in theory it can be done, cowls need modding i would say!