ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Wheel Vs 182 content

Clio 172 RS2
Coulda sworn the other attempt fitting a 197 wheel was just a trial fit, no actual fitment.

Other wheels yes, but not a O.E.M. Renault wheel... show me the pics Plummer! ;)

Insignia SRi
For gods sake just when i thought id finished spending money at JMS here's another thing that il be getting my wallet out for!!! Good work Tom il be bending your ear for this at the RR day next month:)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
For gods sake just when i thought id finished spending money at JMS here's another thing that il be getting my wallet out for!!! Good work Tom il be bending your ear for this at the RR day next month:)

I knew you'd be in here like a shot when you saw it, just VERY sad its not going to fit a ph1.

Is it definately not possible Tom???

If its a lot of changes, what kind of changes? lol!

Hi all, right bad news I'm afraid.

We have had a long hard look at this as a possible service. We have now decided due to the plethora of problems that may arise from a legal perspective when altering peoples airbag configuration it is not something that we can realistically carry out under JMS and our inherent, responsible approach to business.

We would love to be able too offer this as a service as it is well worth the work/money spent, its just a legal minefield as I am sure you can understand. :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Shame. Could you not simply supply the wheel/airbag? And if someone were to join the forum (a new member perhaps?) and post a guide regarding the airbag changes?

ITB'd MK1
But iirc jms can get a good deal, and it helps them out.

sure you can appreciate that if we put out there, all the work that Tom and James have done on this, that people will find somewhere to buy the parts for 50p less and JMS will make nothing from it. It's not worthwhile for JMS to continue as this point I'm afraid :(

But iirc jms can get a good deal, and it helps them out.

Appreciate it mate, but as Danny suggests we don't really do the 'buy parts cheap - sell on for a little profit' game as it takes a lot of time and we are not really set up for it, hope that makes sense :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
sure you can appreciate that if we put out there, all the work that Tom and James have done on this, that people will find somewhere to buy the parts for 50p less and JMS will make nothing from it. It's not worthwhile for JMS to continue as this point I'm afraid :(
Fair enough fella. Just thought if you can get as good a deal as indicated on the wheel/airbag, you could at least make some cash from the experiment.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Here are the prices from wests renault on here if anyone is wanting a wheel/airbag

197 Steering wheel with cruise control 8200316984 £299.04+VAT inc 15% discount

197 Airbag with cruise control 8200677496 £147.22+VAT inc 15% discount

197 cruise control buttons 8200214929 £37.20+VAT inc 15% discount

197 Steering wheel without cruise control 8200344077 £250.67+VAT inc 10% discount

197 Airbag without cruise control 8200677493 £183.40+VAT inc 15% discount

200 Steering wheel with cruise control 8200904017 £301.56+VAT inc 10% discount

200 Airbag with cruise control 8200677496 £147.22+VAT inc 15% discount

200 cruise control buttons 8200214929 £37.20+VAT inc 15% discount

200 Steering wheel without cruise control 8200344077 £250.67+VAT inc 10% discount

200 Airbag without cruise control 8200677493 £183.40+VAT inc 15% discount

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
eh, the they with airbags? The 197 wheel i've seen was £170 new ish.

I know below doesnt have airbags

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clioaccessories/

Anyway, thought this might be the case really. Its fine to do yourself (like i might) but to offer it as a company, with not knowing 100% if things work etc could be a minefield as you say. Bad times.

As above, have seen VERY different prices, at nearly £450.00 parts only it would be hard to justify!

Sadly its all a matter of risk and the fact it can't ever happen under our name, would have loved to have been able to offer it mind :(

williams and trophy
Well yes, but it would look a bit strange, and I for one would never fit an airbag less steering wheel in a car without harnesses.

Sorry for coming across that way, I wasn't aware that I was?

for y??

surely u realise thats how ALL cars used to be before the 'safety/heavier' brigade came into the fore

btw....isnt that wheel supposed to be jons?

williams and trophy
the guy matt bought the wheel for apparently.

safety progress....pah. safety would be teaching people how to drive properly.

Peddled device
Right...best mod l have seen for the 172/182...excellent work Tom :)

How much smaller is the 197 wheel compared to the standard FF 182 wheel ?

GW 200
I've just read through all 8 pages of this thread getting more and more excited, rubbing my legs in anticipation of one day removing the routemaster wheel, until finally reaching the end in utter disappointment :(

But i understand you're predicament in relation to the airbag and safety.

What if you were to consider getting a legal document written that all customers must sign prior to fitment that states the wheel is to be used for 'show use' only and prevents any damages or claims heading your way should the unlikely unfortunate happen ???

Ph2 Clio 172
Anything to stop you detailing how/what you did in a guide so we can do it ourselves?

I really want to loose my standard 172 wheel. Its embarrassing :(