ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1970`s marcos restoration = )

ibiza cupra
cheers guys,
im a bit gutted as i have been told by the manager to leave it alone and get on with my productive work lol. my foreman aint too happy about it but its out of my hands lol.
ill just try to sneak on it every now and then but ill still keep the thread going.
hes also managed to get a sun roof for it too because the old one was knackard lol.

ibiza cupra
few more progress pics = )
IMG_0244.gif

IMG_0245.gif

IMG_0246.gif

IMG_0247.gif

IMG_0248.gif

IMG_0249.gif

IMG_0250.gif

IMG_0272.gif

172 CUP
Really love this thread,i grew up in the 70's with my dad owning 2 of these back in the day.Awesome keep up the good work.:D

ibiza cupra
bit more of an update for ya, it now has an exhuast lol
ae2bbf79.gif

oh yeah, its also been painted hehe
fa71f389.gif

91cc1396.gif

d674bcc3.gif

392d40f4.gif

99ea0543.gif

cbb010fc.gif

0593c703.gif

557944fe.gif

55dd7c36.gif

5135a8ec.gif

:)

LY R26
top work, my dad used to work for marcos when they were based in westbury, used to love hanging about in the factory as a nipper, loads of stuff going on.

Octavia VRS LE
just read the whole thinkg..... love it. makes it even better with how fast the project is moving along..... :)

ibiza cupra
bit more of an up date, nothing special just a bit of fitting up and the wirering going back in
acc2e61d.gif

d903b837.gif

197fca67.gif

6db966e0.gif

494e8121.gif

83b79e4b.gif

ibiza cupra
cheers, ive shown him this thread and he is well chuffed with all the positive responces its getting and has said that when its finished he`ll bring it to one of the meets for everyone to have a look at it which would be cool :) .

Superb, that car will have been built in a factory about 2 minutes drive from my house, still see plenty around this area (West Wiltshire), they used to road-test them on the local lanes, amazing sound.

I've got the big Marcos book that Jem Marsh put together, will have a look and see if it reveals anything about this car.

ibiza cupra
few more pics, nothing special as it has come to a halt due to the upholsters taking ages
wheels are on
7e03612f.gif

8a4c1005.gif

and she runs :) (click on the pic for a vid)
th_a8dab406.gif

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Coming together nicely! Is that an original colour or just something he fancied it in?

ibiza cupra
na, original colour mate.
the trimmer should be coming out to start the interior on monday as he has found a new guy because the old one was taking the pi$$ lol

ibiza cupra
well, alots kinda happened since the last time i posted on this thread. the gaffer got sacked and my foreman ended up having to move the the marcos so he didnt get charged for storage from head office (they are good to thier staff like that). so he ended up taking it home and finished it there. all it is missing is an air filter and an mot so once they are sorted its all done.
here a few pics of it when he took it to a local show
5fb40c17.gif

38b37a6e.gif

1ffd6a10.gif

b7dc40c8.gif

0d73ded2.gif

he also took his 50`s american truck there too that he previously restored. heres a few pics of that
c24a6ce1.gif

c33310f6.gif

21a1115c.gif

e3045b26.gif

44a4280c.gif

so there you are. all done :)