ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

Mk1 F4R
sprayer.jpg

Were did you get thet pic of my dads trator lol
You been hiding in the crops again :rasp:

Liking the bay too mate
3 weeks to go and ill see it

BMW M5 & E36
Picked up downpipe from being welded, went home, fitted it, driveshafts in, shocks on, down on wheels, sorted.

Take it up the road and the f'ucking clutch slips like a c'unt! That'll teach me not to cut corners again. FFS :(

Did you adjust the pedal/ratchet and cut the pedal stop down slightly?

If the biting point is right at the bottom and its stiff to go into gear, that^ problem causes it.

He says its hard to go into gear.....same as what mine did before i trimmed the green stop thingy and re-set the ratchet...

Just explained to him how to do it, hopefully good news will come back :cool:

BMW M5 & E36
Taken a mm or so off the green stop, and let the ratchet out 10 clicks... still slipping almost the same amount. Apart from trying more clicks, any other options? Apart from engine out and clean/replace clutch.

Grrrrrrr.

Engine seems sweet though, runs nicely.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
i just paid £81 delievered for a new 172 kit off ebay...,tho its been a week and still not arrived:mad:, i want to get my box on!!!!!

BMW M5 & E36
ECU is good, cheers Andy. Revs to 7.2k warm as it should, 6.5ish cold. Engine runs sweet. Mega chuffed!

It just took some more miles and slipping to burn away whatever was on the clutch before. Still doing it a tiny bit, but infinitely better than it was.

Boxster S byeeeeeeeeeeeeee :eek: