ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

BMW M5 & E36
Yes I was :D

Minty mint. 133k, engine rebuilt in '04, magnex, decat, brappp filter, full factory leathers, Alpine HU/speakers/sub/amps, shoe box of history, ph1 rear lights, 3/4 plates, 172 cup Turini's, fresh brakes, mintah!

More pics in a few mins.

ValverInBits
awesome man! Much better run around. I say F4R it, probably achieve better economy tbh.
Such a jammy b@stard!

BMW M5 & E36
IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

:race:

172 Race Car
How much can they be had for? I dont want a minter just sth that isnt going to cost a ton of money to keep going

'92 172, Lotus Elise
How much can they be had for? I dont want a minter just sth that isnt going to cost a ton of money to keep going

i'd say budget for about £1500

you may get a good one for less, but it's always handy to have a bit of a reserve

go for general condition and 'tightness' over age/mileage/former keepers etc..

my old 137k j plate valver drove better than most on half that mileage

172 Race Car
go for general condition and 'tightness' over age/mileage/former keepers etc..

my old 137k j plate valver drove better than most on half that mileage
same with any car, people too obssesed by mileage. Drove some 30k 172's that felt awfull when i was looking to buy my first.

back on topic, will the number 2 be left standard Whiteley ?

BMW M5 & E36
Yep, it'll be staying pretty much as it is. Standard airbox back on in place of the green cotton filter thing, wheels refurbed darker as white just isn't practical for me, then just enjoy it. It's so much nicer to drive than #1.

Then maybe another F4R when the time is right :eek:

172 cup
the whistly filter had me entertained for hours all the way home. Great example there, must admit im jealous, she pulls well too

New car looks well Chris ;)

Dare i say, interchangeable plates too :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I almost bought one of those when they were new in the early 90's, but went down the Golf gti route instead.

Chris

Audi TT 225 Quattro
please don't change the colour of the wheels the white on blue looks soooo nice:approve::D F4R:dead::nono::rolleyes:, F7R on the other hand and it might actually be quick:rasp:

Glad the ECU has got the right map on it lol!

Not much in it at all between them, rekon that map on mine makes a bit more mid range torque and its only the higher limiter allowing the higher top speed...

Riley commented when he was out in mine that he thinks mine revs differently, and feel's free'r, so get out there and put some miles on it on the limiter lol ;)

BMW M5 & E36
LOL Comedy!

Car was spot on cheers Mark, not really a problem to report all weekend. Did about 300 track miles and 450 or so all together. Very pleased with it :)

Got a few tapes worth of video to sort through at some point, could be a while yet though.

ValverInBits
LOL Comedy!

Car was spot on cheers Mark, not really a problem to report all weekend. Did about 300 track miles and 450 or so all together. Very pleased with it :)

Got a few tapes worth of video to sort through at some point, could be a while yet though.

awesome mate. Really glad this F4R conversion is prooving to be toruble free :D

'10 Clio200
Re: Valver Track Car Project Thread

182 wishbone on left and 19 on the right. I did take a couple of pictures with the ruler in to show the difference, but they failed quite hard and I couldn't make the numbers out, definitely different though by a good few mm.

13042009601.jpg

Are you sure those were 19 16v items? I'm running 19 16v bottom arms (with no problems) and they have the same size as the clio 172 ones. Maybe 182 bottom arms are even wider than 172??