ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st 182 write off

dk

911 GTS Cab

sorry to hear that, bad luck, how old was it? Will you be getting another?

hope no-one was hurt

Mondeo STTDCI

More details please?

The first on Cliosport by a poster but I posted up about one many weeks ago. My salesman wrecked his showroom one.

its all very well getting another via ur insuranc ecompany but your premium will go up next year! fook that! (unless u got protected ofcourse)

Yup premium will go up as you have a claim against you, its your no claims bonus that wont be effected with protected NO CLAIMS!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Remember one thing- all insurance companies are b******s and will try to entice you with their policies. Youll always get stung one way or another!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Seedy on 29 July 2004

Learn to drive - that why insurance prices are so frikin high!!!!!!!!!!
A little harsh maybe? when you dont know the details?

172 cup

sorry to hear the bad news, although I must say that your last comment does suggest you were over 30 in a 30 which I personally believe to be a big no no, for other peoples safety

dk

911 GTS Cab

he wrote what happened in the for sale section as he is selling his IK I think. He was crossing a roundabout and a car pulled out from the left into his path. He did say he was going some speedwise but the full story will be released soon........

We should maybe wait until the full details are posted before judging him.

Ford Fiesta

must have been going for it to write it off on a roundabout, has it been confirmed write off or you just estimating, its a lot of car to write of at £15K +

erm, no, there was one written off at a renault day at gayley a few months ago - before they were released i think.

/y0z

Hi sorry i never got back with the full story.

I was coming up2 a roundabout doing around 40 mph, got on 2the roundabout and a laguna pulled on2 the roundabout @the same time.

There was no time for me 2 brake so i floored the gas hoping to bypass the laguna, however there was not enough room/time 2get by and we collided!

I kept driving their was extensive damage 2my car.

Front Bumper, Front Wing, Skirt, Door, Quarter Panel, 4alloys, 2driveshafts and a kink in the roof at the B-Pillar!

Repairs came in @ £9813 and that was going 2involve re-shelling the car @ a Vauxhall garage (because i had Vauxhall Insurance)! So they decided2 write off!

They have valued the car @ £12050 which is reasonable considering i paid 12500 for it from Barkers of Preston 4months ago and had done 6500 miles.

As far as the insurance goes i do have 5yrs protected no claims. However I have been charged with Dangerous Driving as I was allegedly racing a black focus before i hit the roundabout. The insurance company may offer me a replacement 182 but i cant afford to keep 1 now because of this.

The bonus is no1 was injured.

My 182 will be stored by the insurance co. for 6months before it is auctioned off for parts. The shell will be crushed. The engine, drivers side and rear end are as new, the exhaust should be2. All the wheels are kerbed 2fcuk however, anthracite 1s n all.

I have 1centre cap, 2.0 16v badge and sport badge for keepsake.:(

Hopefully getting a 106 rally e at the wknd as a runaround until i go2 court, but

NOTHING CAN COMPARE 2 A 182.

Ill tell ya now mate if the feds are going to pursue that you were racing someone your as f*cked as i was, and the fact you were in a 30 zone is gonna make things even worse...

Best get a good solicitor mate!! :cry: