ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 = the new bug eye scoob

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
and

ssong-yang_rodius-L.jpg

I don't agree about the 197/200 not being progressed from the 182. They're a better car in almost every regard IMO. I'd much rather have a 200 over a 182 but, I still think it's a mess in terms of styling. So many broken lines, changes of direction, sharp radius'. Not to mention the interior of the headlamps looking toilet, and that gay 'wing'. I also bet anyone 5p that the front is a nightmare to clean.

Other than that - f**k the 182. They're sheds.

genuinely don't get what all the fuss is about with the 200's looks. it's not a 'pretty' car, but then neither are any of the others

i think the Mk1 shell is good-looking in some guises though

the one i bought looks like two different designs, joined in the middle:quiet:

G/W 200 and project Vdub
the only thing i aint happy about is the lack of xenon lights, u cant really compare the 1*2's to the 197 and the 200 they are totaly different cars.

Clio 1970000000
I don't agree about the 197/200 not being progressed from the 182. They're a better car in almost every regard IMO. I'd much rather have a 200 over a 182 but, I still think it's a mess in terms of styling. So many broken lines, changes of direction, sharp radius'. Not to mention the interior of the headlamps looking toilet, and that gay 'wing'. I also bet anyone 5p that the front is a nightmare to clean.

Other than that - f**k the 182. They're sheds.

Bloody funny.

Roy, are you the same person that used to post on type-r.org?

182 trophy
what everybody has forgot is the 200 is a better drivers car than the 197 end of but the blob eye impreza was not only uglier but was also shitter to drive that's why it was a failure

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Asive said i'd have no problem having one,given how much better built they are and how much quicker they are in the handling dept...

STEALTH RAIDER
What makes me laugh is how the 200 is going to loose a lot more value because of its ugly looking front end? We all know between the two which will loose their money quicker. As for the R27, being limited edition or not, cars loosing money is a never ending story. As facelifts depreciate in value, so do all the previous models below it. People change stuff on their cars to make them look better. Wouldnt suprise me if a 200 owner will prove quite a lot of people wrong and do something out of the ordinary.

Having bought two RS's Spanking new now I know full well which will be currently losing the most money, the newest one! Stands to reason. Mine is currently losing the least amount of value it's done since I picked it up with 6 miles on the clock. Mine will no doubt get to a point in the not too distant future where upkeep (I don't run cars on a budget as it bites you in the ass) will compare with the cost of payments on a new car. Despite all it's plus points the 200's god awful looks have managed to stop the financial idiot in me going out and replacing mine so far.

Clio 1970000000
Indeed. The very same.

Moved on to the GT-R...very nice.

Called Jaz a couple of weeks back now I am back in something fun. No more meets at Hatfield :dapprove::dapprove:. It is probably for the better as sh1t would have happened in the end.

Small world.

I got the GT-R free with a mobile phone contract, along with 3 PS4s that I keep under my bed ;) I'm still rolling in the Panzer Bean, but a GT-R will happen.

I never attended any of the Hatfield meets, but I got the impression they were very Fast and Furious. Legend has it that vtec could be heard kicking in from several miles away.

Clio 1970000000
I never attended any of the Hatfield meets, but I got the impression they were very Fast and Furious. Legend has it that vtec could be heard kicking in from several miles away.

They were the nuts. Definately not for the feint hearted. Thing was that crap drivers only ever went to one meet so there was trust there as the regulars all knew each other.

Fancy doing it on this forum and there seems to be a few members around the area. Should really wait until spring next year. I'm still having a problem growing up!!!!

Golf GT TDI
lol at this thread,

jasey if you think any 172/182 is an OLD car you should come and have a go in my 22 year old 205 GTI:cool:

that is OLD!

So lets sum up this thread:

Majority of 1*2 owners think that the 197 and 200 arent as good looking as the 1*2s

Majority of 197 owners think that the 200 is ugly, the 1*2 was great, but is now dated and lacks road presence in comparison to the 197.

Majority of 200 owners think theres is the best.

/Fin

Brad's First Law.

STEALTH RAIDER
Having bought two RS's Spanking new now I know full well which will be currently losing the most money, the newest one! Stands to reason. Mine is currently losing the least amount of value it's done since I picked it up with 6 miles on the clock. Mine will no doubt get to a point in the not too distant future where upkeep (I don't run cars on a budget as it bites you in the ass) will compare with the cost of payments on a new car. Despite all it's plus points the 200's god awful looks have managed to stop the financial idiot in me going out and replacing mine so far.

As they all say, your opinion.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The 200 has awful wheels are they've pissed all over any aggressiveness the 197 had, with that cat-stabber of a front end.

Do not want.

PS 200
The 200 has awful wheels are they've pissed all over any aggressiveness the 197 had, with that cat-stabber of a front end.

Do not want.
From the front the 197 looks pretty much like every other Mk3 Clio - you certainly can't say that about the 200 (whether you like it or not).

MCS R56
From the front the 197 looks pretty much like every other Mk3 Clio - you certainly can't say that about the 200 (whether you like it or not).

So that means every other Mk3 Clio looks like the 197, which is a good thing, they all look sporty. All the owners must think "mine looks like the 197!" Win-win situation.

You're right about the 200 though, nothing looks like it from the front! Well, wide mouth frogs like Kermit do.

PS 200
So that means every other Mk3 Clio looks like the 197, which is a good thing, they all look sporty. All the owners must think "mine looks like the 197!" Win-win situation.

You're right about the 200 though, nothing looks like it from the front! Well, wide mouth frogs like Kermit do.
Indeed - but it hardly looks aggressive - which is the point I was trying to make ;).

Mind you - I'm not so sure that the 200 front is aggressive either - I'm thinking of painting the wiggly "F1 inspired hard to clean spoiler" thing pink so it's looks like a tongue :cool:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
TCR clio cup racers
Look better here tho !!

Wasnt really a fan of the new front end but after seeing these changed my mind !

REALLY like the racing blue :approve::approve:

DR_danielcarweb.jpg

DR_samcarfrontsnettwebdriverspage.jpg
DR_mikerobinsonsnettcardriverpageweb.jpg