ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique with rs xenon lights

MK6 Golf, BG 182 FF
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum (well ish.. read a few bits and pieces just never posted), I have had my clio since may and getting bored with the stock look, Would like to start a 172 replica project and one of the first things i want is the headlights.

What exactly would i need to make the xenon headlights work exactly how they would in a sport? is this a pricey mod?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan :D

Ph2 Meg 225
Hello, if you become a member there is someone selling some now! They are pricey lights in general about 150-200 quid but just plug straight in :) only downside is the front bbumper has to come off for fitting :)

MK6 Golf, BG 182 FF
Thanks for the quick reply! :D typcial, can't just yet, kinda short on funds (may have to see whats in the piggy bank ;) how much are those lights being sold on here? So they literally just plug straight in? what about the auto leveling? do the 172 & 182 both have the auto leveling or is it just the 182? is that an easy task, or is it just time consuming?

Thanks

Dan

Ph2 Meg 225
They are up for 180 posted perfect condition, I'm not sure on the auto levelling but imagine they come with the motors and just need taking to a garage to be aligned, as for fitting them I had to swap a standard headlight and took about an hour and a half but I had trouble with siezed bolts :(

Other than that it's just three bolts on each light and then the rear plug :)

Kyle

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the bumper is easy enough to remove mate, i dont think theyll auto level, i assume youll have to fiddle with the loom for that.

i think they are just plug and play other wise.

MK6 Golf, BG 182 FF
Thanks for the replies, So as i'm reading more and more into this I'm starting to gather that the auto leveling probably won't work, But will i be able to adjust them using the usual wheel control in the car?

Thanks

Dan

Hello mate. When I fitted my angel eye xenon compatible projector headlights they were a piece of piss. Drop the bumper, undo your headlights, bolt your new ones in.

Take your headlight motors out of your original headlights and fit them to your new xenon headlights and that way you can control the height level from the controls by your steering wheel.

I presume this will be exactly the same with the 1*2 xenon's. simple plug-and-play :)