ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 Fiesta Metal

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I thought I would stick some pics of my new car up. I've had it for almost a month now and I have to say it is about 1000x better that the Smart I had before it.

It's a special edition Fiesta Metal, only 1000 being built. It is based on the Zetec S with the same 1.6 Ti-VCT engine but with a bit of fettling to the exhaust, airbox & a remap it develops 134bhp (Zetec S has 118bhp). It's frozen white and has black 17" alloys, black heated leather seats, uprated Sony DAB stereo, reverse camera/ sensors.

Some pics below.

Front.
Front-1.jpg

Back.
Back.jpg

Interior mmmm leather.
Interior.jpg

Wheels.
Wheel.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I have de-tangoed the front (a pain in the arse!) and I plan to do the backs at some point and I have put a shorter eBay special aerial on it (no pics yet).

Before.
front_before.jpg

After.
front_after.jpg

182, SQ7, Trafic
Love this shape of Fiesta's, just all very under powered.

A nice 200ish bhp would be lovely!

120d M Sport
Nice, I like it. Does anyone think Ford's bhp claims are a tad optimistic from the minor upgrades involved?

I think these look great from the outside but, the dash kills it for me I don't think I could look at it from day to day.

Don't they make another fiesta with 134ps a blue one with white stripes and vice versa

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
No excitement for me! Hope you got a good deal on it :)
My brother in law works at Benfield so I got a pretty good deal. With all the options it should be approx £17k but I got it for just under £14k. He's trying to talk me into swapping it for an ST next year when they come out, if he can do me a good deal it won't take much persuading to be honest.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I think these look great from the outside but, the dash kills it for me I don't think I could look at it from day to day.

Don't they make another fiesta with 134ps a blue one with white stripes and vice versa

The dash is far better in the Metal as it has piano black trim rather than silver so it looks less cheapo, also as I have the Sony DAB stereo it hasn't got the 'inspired by mobile phones' r****d thing with 5,000,000 buttons on it.

There is the S1600 in either performance blue with white stripes or frozen white with blue stripes and white wheels on both colours. The Metal is an upgraded, less chavvy looking version of that with more goodies and the black interior trim.

Last edited:

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's smart that is mate. Is it nippy? Or you still got to break the engine in???

I love that shape fiesta in white with the nice spoiler. Sporty looking.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
£14k?! for a fiesta?!

is it me?

A guy at work dropped £13k on a Clio 1.2 Tce Dynamique 5 years ago, that's half the car this is imho.

This is faster, better looking, has heated leather, heated screen, auto climate control, parking sensors/ camera, better stereo, tintz, nice wheels (not steelies).

It's all a matter of opinion of course but I couldn't be happier with it at the moment.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
That's smart that is mate. Is it nippy? Or you still got to break the engine in???

I love that shape fiesta in white with the nice spoiler. Sporty looking.

It's pretty nippy but yeah I'm still breaking it in really, I don't do a load of miles so I've only done around 600 miles in it so far. Ford claims 0-60 in around 8.5 and tops out at 121mph.

Not hot hatch as much as warm hatch but compared to the Smart Fortwo I owned last it's like a rocketship! :D

F56 MINI Cooper S
Whats fuel like in it? My Zetec S (sea grey mk6.5) used to average 33mpg, would only get 250 from a tank, was pony on fuel.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Drove one of these at work, wasnt impressed tbh, i didnt see how it was better than a normal zetec s. It looks fantastic though.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Whats fuel like in it? My Zetec S (sea grey mk6.5) used to average 33mpg, would only get 250 from a tank, was pony on fuel.
I haven't done a proper full tank test in it yet as I forgot to reset the average MPG counter after filling it up last. I reckon mid 30s in normal driving, I'm driving up to Northumberland in a couple of weeks so I'll see what it does on a long run out.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
A guy at work dropped £13k on a Clio 1.2 Tce Dynamique 5 years ago, that's half the car this is imho.

This is faster, better looking, has heated leather, heated screen, auto climate control, parking sensors/ camera, better stereo, tintz, nice wheels (not steelies).

It's all a matter of opinion of course but I couldn't be happier with it at the moment.

yeh, dont get me wrong, its a great looking car, but i just couldnt bring myself to spend that on something that will depreciate so fast.

but, it aint me, so enjoy it!!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather a ZS but nice car mate. Best in class imo.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice, but what smart did you have before, as if it was a fortwo then a wheelie bin would've nicer to drive in! Lol (I had a smart roadster, but had the misfortune of having fortwo courtesy cars quite a few times)

the GF has the 1.4 one, i drive it alot gotta say its a lovely little car, opening up loads between 14k to 18k, mainly as i've done them miles, rolls a little but its not exactly a hot hatch. full ZS kit on it too great car, all she needs now is two front tyres as she ripped one to the canvas t'otherday and got her whole wingmirror smashed off the other day too.

honestly women drivers, maybe just she's thick as f**k i dunno.

Anyway, great lil car, i'm going to get her fog surrounds matt black and detango. just pull the front of the cover off and its an orange bulb underneath?

The dash is far better in the Metal as it has piano black trim rather than silver so it looks less cheapo, also as I have the Sony DAB stereo it hasn't got the 'inspired by mobile phones' r****d thing with 5,000,000 buttons on it.

There is the S1600 in either performance blue with white stripes or frozen white with blue stripes and white wheels on both colours. The Metal is an upgraded, less chavvy looking version of that with more goodies and the black interior trim.

Is that the one with the large screen, as that would look better than as you say 5,000,000 buttons.

Either way it looks great you thinking of going for puma speed or mountune packages on it

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Nice, but what smart did you have before, as if it was a fortwo then a wheelie bin would've nicer to drive in! Lol (I had a smart roadster, but had the misfortune of having fortwo courtesy cars quite a few times)
It was a Fortwo yeah, the 71 MHD. It was my first new car though so I quite liked it, plus I enjoyed telling people I drove a rear engined, rear wheel drive 2 seat German coupe! :D

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
the GF has the 1.4 one, i drive it alot gotta say its a lovely little car, opening up loads between 14k to 18k, mainly as i've done them miles, rolls a little but its not exactly a hot hatch. full ZS kit on it too great car, all she needs now is two front tyres as she ripped one to the canvas t'otherday and got her whole wingmirror smashed off the other day too.

honestly women drivers, maybe just she's thick as f**k i dunno.

Anyway, great lil car, i'm going to get her fog surrounds matt black and detango. just pull the front of the cover off and its an orange bulb underneath?

Lmao @ the GF.

To de tango is a b**ch, you take the headlight out then once you manage to get the bulb out it is an orange bulb yeah. The worst bit is getting the bulb holder back in as it's really far into the headlamp.

I used this guide to help a bit - http://tinyurl.com/d3msuo2

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Is that the one with the large screen, as that would look better than as you say 5,000,000 buttons.

Either way it looks great you thinking of going for puma speed or mountune packages on it

It's the Sony one with the big round knob in the middle, I think it looks better anyway.

This.
IMAG0385.jpg

Rather than this.
7646_st0640_057.jpg

Also as mine has the piano black vent surrounds it looks even better. And the Sony one has white illumination on the screen not orange, a little touch but it looks better.

I think I'll keep the engine pretty much standard as the mountune kit will only get about 4-6bhp extra. Besides I might end up swapping it for an ST in a year if my bro-in-law can give me a good deal!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Just thought I would stick up a couple of pics I took today.

Shorter eBay special aerial.
aerial.jpg

Here's a pic of the screen for the reversing camera. Rather than put it in the dash it's in the rear view mirror. Quite a cool little touch I think.
camera_screen.jpg

I might attempt to de-tango the rear lights over the bank holiday weekend.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Yeah it might be a bit distracting otherwise. The little yellow box shows the space the car takes up.

It's quite good as you get the camera, sensors, auto dimming rear view mirror and auto wipers & headlamps all as part of the pack.