ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

clio 182 trophy
Front on there look like a mini RS6 which I like, on the other hand to its restrained enough not to look daft in the company car park.

Interesting you bring up marketing, I was only talking about this the other day.

If you look at the Focus RS/BMW M2 marketing its all track work and drifting based. Then look what Audi did for the RS3:

Vid 1 - RS3 born - Typical Audi mad Advert
Vid 2 - RS3 driving in a forest
Vid 3 - RS3 driving on ice
Vid 4 - RS3 driving through water

No marketing videos even had a road in them, let alone a track. It's a all weather hyper hatch.

It was only Autocar and PH who took it to Angelsey.
Obviously because that is their USP. They play on it massively. Rightly so though in fairness. How does it compare to the jag in a straight line?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Obviously because that is their USP. They play on it massively. Rightly so though in fairness. How does it compare to the jag in a straight line?
It's slower, by a margin. Unless the weather is like it is now then it's bloody fast over the ground. Just pin the throttle and hold on.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Was looking at one sat out side maidstone audi a few weeks ago while picking up my mates new audi. Actually a nice looking car. Was impressed with the front brakes. Would be gutted ditching an f type for one tho.

An orange one
Titty f**king christ this thing goes. Nice to be able to use all the power when its only 3.5 degrees outside.

That must be nice! Took the M3 out yesterday and had to have a run up at the main road whilst Dad made sure it was clear cause if I'd stopped that would have been game over.. It drove fine after that but it was in comfort mode everything and nanny the pedal lol.

What tyres on the Audi??

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice car!!!
Faster than the F-Type?

I like the colour scheme too with the silver bits.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
That must be nice! Took the M3 out yesterday and had to have a run up at the main road whilst Dad made sure it was clear cause if I'd stopped that would have been game over.. It drove fine after that but it was in comfort mode everything and nanny the pedal lol.

What tyres on the Audi??
I have no idea haha. They are only 235 wide all round.

Absolutely thrashed a M4 on the way into work this morning. -2 doesn't seem to agree them at all, he was all over the place.

@Jay_A Its going well mate, just done 1000 miles in it now. Fuel economy is creeping up too. 33.1 average now.

It could do with a bigger tank though, I'm used to the 70l one in the Jag, 50l just isn't enough.

@cswalmsley Its way slower than the F type!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Oh and its also lovely and dirty now. Driven not detailed!

12E306D2-3619-439B-80F9-8E12C12DDB93.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bull s**t, you won't be able to sleep tonight. 😂
I love abused cars like that, I hate half arsed ones that are just dirty through years of laziness. Waitey's is a mile munching weapon!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I love abused cars like that, I hate half arsed ones that are just dirty through years of laziness. Waitey's is a mile munching weapon!
I know bud, just messing with ya.

It's a fact that dirty cars are faster. [emoji2]

RS4

What tyres on the Audi??
P Zeros on these from factory

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
After driving the Jag for a bit at the weekend the S tronic grearbox really is crap. The ZF is miles better in every way.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nice purchase Waitey. They aren't my cup of tea but they are a real weapon for sure.

Enjoy!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate has a new RS3, collected it last week.
He took me out in it, in the pissing down rain and the grip is phenomenal. He was going round roundabouts in the wet faster than I could in my car in the dry!

It's bloody cheap too. Granted it's a £52,000 car in his spec but the finance deal is obscene.

Still not my bag though. Fast Audi's need 8 cylinders.

#notjealous

Toureg vW Transporte
How are you finding it waitey? I'm looking one to replace my toerag? I have had an s3 before so am used to the Audi way

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've been out in the first gen RS3, tuned with about 400bhp. That did a stellar job of rearranging my internal organs. You should talk to Revo.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How are you finding it waitey? I'm looking one to replace my toerag? I have had an s3 before so am used to the Audi way
I don't like the gearbox. Haldex is a bit dim witted compared to BMW's X drive.

Other than that its great, comfortable, returning 33mpg, sounds epic, reasonably roomy. I'd like some more tech, but I like my gadgets.

One thing I didn't expect is how much I like how it looks. Its really handsome and has some nice touches.