ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 Clio Build

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Maybe when theres a heater Fraser.j

Getting there wayne ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385108339.340027.jpg

Well found the cause of my knocking tonight

Spun shell in one of the conrods
apejady9.jpg

Also done a bit of prep work for when the engine goes back in after rebuild

Rewrapped the downpipe as the other heat wrap was screwed
tuta8y3a.jpg

redatute.jpg

Heat wrapped master cylinder and brake lines
2ypyzapu.jpg

aqa3uhed.jpg

a3a4une9.jpg

Small update

I've spoke to Andy and the engine should be sent away by the end of the month maybe even before then with luck

New exhaust has been bought by the girlfriend for me for my birthday but got it early due to the back falling off the ph1

u6uqetam.jpg

Only the back box is going on as the centre section is for the ph1 all with the stealth back box

Also sprayed my intercooler satin black for the stealth look

a2yqejem.jpg

daza9e7a.jpg

y3ata3yp.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
How the fcuk did this thing spin a shell? The crank measured up perfect and new bearings fitted.

Sorry to hear this mate. Hope you get it sorted soon.

How the fcuk did this thing spin a shell? The crank measured up perfect and new bearings fitted.

Sorry to hear this mate. Hope you get it sorted soon.

My thinking is a drop in oil pressure as there was a leak coming from the return going into the sump so I'm going the block drilled and tapped when it's away getting forged

172 cup, Impreza P1
Were you at high revs at all when it started knocking? I had this thing on rollers and a track day so am surprised it has spun a shell after a such a short time. Do you have an oil pressure gauge?

Is the crank buggered? What are you going for engine wise now?

Were you at high revs at all when it started knocking? I had this thing on rollers and a track day so am surprised it has spun a shell after a such a short time. Do you have an oil pressure gauge?

Is the crank buggered? What are you going for engine wise now?

No was doing 40 when first hear it and no oil gauge just there wasn't 5 litre of oil drained out it when it was stripped which made me think lack of oil so drop in pressure?

Got a spare crank off stu and Fraser just incase it's buggered I'm going for wossener pistons and super tech rods it's all part of my build price from andy

172 cup, Impreza P1
No was doing 40 when first hear it and no oil gauge just there wasn't 5 litre of oil drained out it when it was stripped which made me think lack of oil so drop in pressure?

Got a spare crank off stu and Fraser just incase it's buggered I'm going for wossener pistons and super tech rods it's all part of my build price from andy

Not good mate. Sounds like you'll be back stronger than ever with hight boost too!

Not good mate. Sounds like you'll be back stronger than ever with hight boost too!

Yeah turbos going to be hybrid at the same time as the engine lol I'll be happy with anything over 300,

just need to figure out what I'm going to do gearbox wise still undecided!!

I thought you had seen that I spun the shell, was going to text you before Christmas about it but forgot lol

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Wayne I got a k-tech center section free with the sports cat i just bought you can have if you want to go with new back box if you want. Needs a little repair to one of the welds.

Wayne I got a k-tech center section free with the sports cat i just bought you can have if you want to go with new back box if you want. Needs a little repair to one of the welds.

Thanks for the offer Neil but I've already got a straight through centre section on the turbo the silenced one in the picture is going on the ph1