ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 Clio Build

Trying to all the silly little jobs yesterday and that to keep my interest in it, yeah was in stus Cossie last night and he was teasing me with the boost which isnt fair, very nice what you bought?

Well still no got my turbo yet as the guy it was sent to from my engine builder decided to do any work to it at all in 3 months.....absolute raging to say the least,
So to keep myself sane I've been ordering a few parts so I can still work on the car

Order list as follows
powerflex steering rack bushes
Powerflex inner arb bushes
Powerflex outer arb bushes
Brackets to fit brembo brake calipers from www.spead.co.uk
300mm scenic discs HC brembos
Mintex 1144 pads
Brembo rear pads
Ate super blue brake fluid
R26 injectors as been let down on 630's
Also picking my brembo calipers up on Wednesday so hopefully that'll keep my busy until I get the turbo back

172 cup, Impreza P1
Not good on the turbo front! What turbo did you go for? Hybrid, wasnt it. Hope it turns up soon!

Sounds like there still a few jobs to do so at least its not totally stopping you.

Not good on the turbo front! What turbo did you go for? Hybrid, wasnt it. Hope it turns up soon!

Sounds like there still a few jobs to do so at least its not totally stopping you.

Yeah going hybrid

Brakes were all ready on the list but poly bushes were just decided over the last week, thought might aswell do them now when I've got the chance... Wishbones will be done at a later date as I'll be going for cup wishbones I think

Parts just keep turning up

Thanks to g172 for suppling my discs, pads and brake fluid great service as always

ba3ududy.jpg

uzy9ase8.jpg

ehumabam.jpg

6unaqy7y.jpg

u8ytu5ur.jpg

maduvyry.jpg

Finally got some work done tonight since the ph1 it's behaving for now..... Inner and outer arb bushes changed to powerflex ones steering rack bushes changed and brakes build up all and all a productive evening even if I drop a socket into the subframe

I assume your brackets have shims because the callipers have been machined to fit 280mm discs?

Where did you get them from? I am seriously considering going up to 300mm too.

Mines haven't been machined mate

The brackets came like that with the shim, SPEAD get the main bracket made for the 280mm conversion then give you the 5mm shim

Got them off jack Kemps dads company SPEAD.co.uk

Mines haven't been machined mate

The brackets came like that with the shim, SPEAD get the main bracket made for the 280mm conversion then give you the 5mm shim

Got them off jack Kemps dads company SPEAD.co.uk

Magic - I had a suspicion they would be from jack!

Cheers mate :D

(my lines are HEL ones - if that helps)

Well things are looking forward a little bit, getting a turbo next week most likely standard as Andy as been messed about with the one getting hybrid, so the car will be built but power will be held back until the hybrid is ready but at this stage I'll take that as Andy has offered to fit the hybrid for nothing once it is ready

Also been and picked these up today there nothin special but it's a start for track and at £100 couldn't really say no

geqyny2y.jpg

amu6yzam.jpg

Picking mounts up next week and I'll get a second harness from somewhere

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one Wayne :clap:.
I was looking at your brakes a couple of nights ago when I was up the unit with Stu, I wish you had the smaller disc set up so I could of tried some of my 15's over them.
What was the problem with the hybrid ? Ive only ever used TT and CR turbos and been a week at the most even for a custom hybrid.

Yeah I didn't want the hassle of having the calipers machined

They've been waiting on 360 degree bearings for about 3 weeks I'm totally pissed off

Can't remember who Andy was using

Well finally it has appeared pity it's only the standard one tho

Just waiting on the return fitting which Andy forgot to put in the box the I can start to rebuild the car

ymezu5e9.jpg

Also could wait to find another harness soon when and bought myself 2 brand new 5 points

vaju4utu.jpg

Well had a change of heart today while phoning for prices getting turbo hybrid

I ordered a megane 250 turbo oops shall have it tomorrow

Also fitted 197 HEL brake lines to my brembo calipers along with 5 mm spacers which has helped my clearance issue

suqy8eru.jpg

edegy2y8.jpg

a7y6abu7.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
Good choice on the turbo. Is it a straight fit? Did you speak to Braveheart Developments about a hybrid?

Is there enough length on the brake lines when on full lock?