ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3/4 plates, are they worth the hassle?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I used to have a small plate front and back, which I cut down myself. Never once got problems for it, and had it on three different cars over about 3years.

(s)Low Dynamique
Well I finally got sick of the hassle, got stopped (well, policeman came over to me whilst I was parked up), for the third time, yet I sweet talked myself out of the fine yet again! Not risking it any more though!

Clio 182
Wow they must really have it in for you! Before the 182 I had a stick on numberplate on my VRS which was 3/4 and had that for 2 years with no problem!

SG9 Forester STi
I wouldn't want the hassle. They look really good but sod getting pulled over and fined/have to attach other plates.

Instead I've got road legal pressed plates on mine now and really like the look of them.

Clio 172 cup,
Ive had a 3/4 plate on the front of mine for around a year now, has passed its mot and never gets any bother off the police, spacing and lettering are standard so still looks ok.

Non Sport Megane
im thinking about getting a 3/4 plate for a while now! and really want too, but dont know what size people get! and where to get thgem from! haha!

Bren Rodgers has one, and Harpham had one on his Ph1. Check their project threads.

Edit: Here you go:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/harpham/6841310422/
Haiii.

The one i've just fitted is actually smaller than the usual 3/4 size though.

This was the one on the Titanium, which is slightly bigger than what is now on the Sunflower:
6312089306_6ae2a8d254_z.jpg

New Front Plate by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Adam, if you want exact sizes, let me know and ill fire a PM across to you matey.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh looks alright actually yeah send us a pm if you can mate.

Not sure if its worth while on the ph1 will look at mine again and decide.

Cheers lads.