ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

300hp Exige (made me look daft at the track day!

Have you seen Mark Funnel's? Completely road legal (he drives it to and from Combe from Trowbridge for every race meeting, doesn't have a trailer) and he runs it in the Castle Combe Special GTs.

When the Lotus on Track Trophy came to Combe he entered and won both races, and still did his Special GT race and won that (nearly an hours racing in total)!

Immense bit of kit, seen it drive past Halfords a while back but this is it in its natural territory...

173264728-L.jpg

Laps Combe in the 1:09s, a good 20 seconds quicker than well driven 172/182s for reference.

Last edited:
  lift number 1 @ btm
i was at a lotus day there, there were 5 exiges and a the turbo technics elise in my group.

arse. plate. all. day. long!!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He had a mk1 golf before, that could lap combe faster than a porsche 911!

20v audi engine on carbs.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I was in a honda elise supercharged on friday, properly quick.

my brother has an s1 exige too, such a difference in speed between the 2

106 GTi
Have you seen Mark Funnel's? Completely road legal (he drives it to and from Combe from Trowbridge for every race meeting, doesn't have a trailer) and he runs it in the Castle Combe Special GTs.

Laps Combe in the 1:09s, a good 20 seconds quicker than well driven 172/182s for reference.

I commented to the others last race that he had driven it to the circuit - fair play.

What is that though road based/ track car 1*2's? - I would like to see some times for a Cup Car.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

I commented to the others last race that he had driven it to the circuit - fair play.

What is that though road based/ track car 1*2's? - I would like to see some times for a Cup Car.

Yeah a 1m29s is a quick very well driven but standard 1*2 time. Clio Cup racers are much quicker. I imagine Chris or Mark has times but i'd guess around 1m12s

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
I imagine Chris or Mark has times but i'd guess around 1m12s

Very few have actually run at Combe, usually just ex-racers purchased for use in other championships, but around 1:13ish would be about right.

Quite chuffed with that guess then :)

I did google for times but could find nothing, although i did know they were not elidgible for CC Saloon cars due to being far too modified (the awesome sequential box for one), and they have a 1.4 Corsa running 1m20s!!!!!