ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3k for 182 05' plate, 30k, frsh. Bargain?

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Been working for Audi for 6 weeks now, and just had a 182 come in p/x. Thought i'd ask more about it, and was told the following:

1 lady owner.
30,000 miles.
Full Renault history.
11 months mot.
Silver.
Genuinely immaculate inside and out.
Full new set of Michelin Exalto tyres.

Could be mine for 3k. Looking on Pistonheads this seems very cheap. I really fancy another, and dont think I can turn this down.....

Out of curiosity, is 3k a friendly employee price or is that what Audi plan to put it on the forecourt for? I'm assuming it simply has to be the first option, surely!

Either way brilliant price even if it is lacking a cambelt and/or cup packs. Infact given it's from a dealer and you're in the south of England that's an astounding price.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hmmmm i'm going to say it's an "alright" price, fairly plain colour, assuming belts are not done, i reckon you've got it for about 500-700 under what i'd like to think it's worth.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmmmm i'm going to say it's an "alright" price, fairly plain colour, assuming belts are not done, i reckon you've got it for about 500-700 under what i'd like to think it's worth.

Really :S With only 30K on the clock? If it's cup packed it's got to be worth 4.5K surely.

Passat

That would make it a "good" price then, surely!

Plus it's worth 4k without belts done easy!

Get it bought!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yes pretty good deal- as said - probably around 250 -400 if its non cupped, or around 750 if it is cupped- assuming the belts are required-

Would be very nice if its cupped & renault have done the cambelt-

Steve

172, Tiguan
Audi won't stick it on the forecourt, it'd get sold to their trade in buyer who'll usually just take everything they've taken in themselves as a job lot. Staff though will often get first dibs on whats come in.

£3k is a bargain regardless of colour, belts etc. I hate the way members of this forum talk down the prices of RS Clio's! Look at any other similar aged hot hatch out there and they go for much more money than a Clio, yet this place seems intent on talking down the values of their own cars. Crazy.

172, Tiguan
If they were going to stick it on the forecourt they'd put at least £1500 on the trade in price - in this case likely more.

ClioSport 172 (2003)
lol you got some doughtnuts on here. TBH and no offence to the orginal poster, it doesnt even need to ask the question is this a bargain. 5 minutes research would tell you it is. To be fair any decent PX's that you get are going to be value for money.

Id be crying if i traded that in probably for about £2.5k im guessing when you could have sold it for alot more

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Cheers folks. I knew it was uber cheap when I first knew about it, but they seem to vary so much in price on Pistonheads etc. It's got original suspension, but cup spoilers iirc.

I say iirc, as on driving into the work carpark, what did I see? A Clio 182 being taken away to auction.....sales are trying to get it back for me as I type.

Gutter, I'd be like

tumblr_lmhja7Z5wL1qfnjv1.gif

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cheers folks. I knew it was uber cheap when I first knew about it, but they seem to vary so much in price on Pistonheads etc. It's got original suspension, but cup spoilers iirc.

I say iirc, as on driving into the work carpark, what did I see? A Clio 182 being taken away to auction.....sales are trying to get it back for me as I type.

what colour were the wheels LOL-

S

Megane 225 F1
Take it. TAKE IT. Proper bargain. Even if you don't want it, buy it and stick £500 on the price and then sell it on.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol you got some doughtnuts on here. TBH and no offence to the orginal poster, it doesnt even need to ask the question is this a bargain. 5 minutes research would tell you it is. To be fair any decent PX's that you get are going to be value for money.

Id be crying if i traded that in probably for about £2.5k im guessing when you could have sold it for alot more

Probably didn't want the hassle? But I completely agree with you - if a dealership offered me that for that specific car - I'd walk out and tell them to get fcuked!

D.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Probably didn't want the hassle? But I completely agree with you - if a dealership offered me that for that specific car - I'd walk out and tell them to get fcuked!

D.

unless the car is f**ked to begin with..

I got a s**t trade in price for mine but i knew the box, mounts, brakes, electrics were shot.