ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

@ 40mm @ - With what @

"Navy" N17 TWO

Since the only thing left on my "wish list" for the car is to lower it - ive been doing some thinking...

After a bit of surfing online, and asking around, topped off with my in-experience of lowered cars - my brain is fried! :confused:
So a little advice/opinions is needed please.....

*** Is there an Apex Kit available for the Dynamique dci ?

*** Sould I go for the uprated dampers or just the 40mm springs?

PS - my modded bumper already has a little trouble on standard dynamique setup :eek:

Thanks in advance
Trev

Golf R/Leon FR

i presume the dci will have the same suspension as a dynamic or authentic

apex do a 40mm spring for those models

http://www.motorsportworld.co.ukwww.motorsportworld.co.uk have you tried there?

just go for springs should be fine with a 40mm drop it was ok when i had them on my clio.

Golf R/Leon FR

badinvincible is selling a set of 40mm apex springs that will fit

check the for sale section

"Navy" N17 TWO

My dci IS a dynamique - 1.5dci 80 Dynamique :D

Are the dynamique std shocks ok to lower with? or should I go for a shock/spring kit?

Is it true the dci will bed-in a little lower at the front with the heavier engine than the petrol models?
Im guessing this is why there is not as much choice for suspension kits to suit the dci - but I dont know:confused:

"Navy" N17 TWO

40mm would definetly be my limit - front bumper already has trouble on std setup - Cant afford to risk wrecking my bumper after the time/money has went into it

ST

Quote: Originally posted by dutty_112 on 04 August 2005

ive got 60mm on standard shocks
And i bet it handles like bag of old socks! ;)

Trev just go for the full kit mate!

Catch you on msn later!

H22A7 Accord Type R

full kit all day long mate!! dont know if the apex -40mm will fit dci for sure tho, but the -40mm kit is the best for overall driving feel

H22A7 Accord Type R

mate after my recent experiences, id vote standard suspension with uprated shocks any day of the week!!

sorry to hijack ure thread for a second

but wil 40ml spax lowering springs off a 1.2 16v fit my 1.2 8v (they are both 2003 models

H22A7 Accord Type R

Mate, i have my reasons for my comment lol!! Lowered suspension sucks ass!! I curently have 2 very bent apex shockers and god knows what else!

"Navy" N17 TWO

You give that car a lot of thrashing though - god knows what else! :eek:

Any hints/opinions on what to do anyone?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ive got 40mm apex springs with gmax shocks, not the ideal set up but still very happy with it. You can tell the big difference when you add the shocks on.

The dci has the same sort of front weights as the 1.4 and 1.6 cars so those kits will fit.
Id gt a springs and dampers kit though its much better.
Dont forget that a 60mm lowering kit will lower the car only 40mm at the front usually. Shocks should be fine but black kro had Apex sprins i think on his dci and the shocks werent any good after a few month and hes now looking for new aftermarket shocks.
My 60mm coilover kit lowered the car more than just 60mm springs would (even bedded in ones) and it was only 40~45mm at the front and 60mm at the back.
However my dci nevr had any troule when it was coilovered on stock whels on speed bumps however hard I hit them. The springs were mcuh stiffer so the car didnt move as much

"Navy" N17 TWO

cheers...

Its the front splitter I need to be careful of

40mm is my limit but im liking the idea of the 35mm spax kit

If I can know for sure it will suit the dci - maybe a good way to start off as ive never had a lowered car before??

"60mm lowering kit will lower the car only 40mm at the front usually" -

hows that work out ??? - just when I somehow thought I was making sense of lowering :confused:

HELP !

Quote: Originally posted by Tigger on 05 August 2005
cheers...Its the front splitter I need to be careful of 40mm is my limit but im liking the idea of the 35mm spax kit If I can know for sure it will suit the dci - maybe a good way to start off as ive never had a lowered car before?? ************************"60mm lowering kit will lower the car only 40mm at the front usually" -hows that work out ??? - just when I somehow thought I was making sense of lowering :confused:HELP !

The only thing with the dci is it weight more than the 1.2s that why we use the 1.6/1.4 kits the difference isnt huge bout 40~60kg I think. stick 1.2 spring on a dci/1.4/1.6 and its abut 1 cm lower at the front so its not huge.
Lowering the cars easy say 5 hrs if youve never done it before. Get a Haynes manual tells you how to do it.
Lowering kits never go as ow as they claim manurfacturers know that but if company Y and Z sll suspension kits and Y claims it lowers he car 45mm and Z claims it lowers the car 60 thn they will get more sales regardless of it they do lower the car 60 people want to go low for cheap so claiming more than they realy do is the easy way.

"Navy" N17 TWO

Ill get the 40mm Apex kit if you put up some pics of urs when you had it ;)

Ill try for 154 post John :p........surely im not that bad :oops:

I get you now edde! 35mm Spax kit will lower the car by about 25- 30mm then?

Just to make it easier to choose a kit - what do you lot reccomend if my "actual lowered" limit is 40mm max?

Cant just run into a shop and buy a lowering kit, get it fitted and then say I dont like it! :p Need to be sure ill be happy with it before I jump into anything

Anyone got close-up pics of 40mm drops with 17s?

Be a great help!
Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Tigger on 05 August 2005
Ill get the 40mm Apex kit if you put up some pics of urs when you had it ;)Ill try for 154 post John :p........surely im not that bad :oops:I get you now edde! 35mm Spax kit will lower the car by about 25- 30mm then?Just to make it easier to choose a kit - what do you lot reccomend if my "actual lowered" limit is 40mm max?Cant just run into a shop and buy a lowering kit, get it fitted and then say I dont like it! :p Need to be sure ill be happy with it before I jump into anythingAnyone got close-up pics of 40mm drops with 17s?Be a great help!

Id guess so 35mm will be about 25mm.
Id ge a set of coilovers personally your looking at a lot more money at about £550 but you can then lower the car more and more whereas with 3mm drops if its no problem youd have wished you went to 60 etc if you get a 60mm kit and it damages the car youll have wished youd got the 30mm kit etc.

"Navy" N17 TWO

No chance am I getting coilovers edde :eek:

I need to see pics - heres your chance to post 40mm/60mm drops on 17s! ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Just lower it 40mm this weekend or were gonna come over and break teh bumper for you!! If you dont like it, sell the springs and but 60mm ones, will cost very little extra. Im happy with my 40mm, Rob said he preferred how his drove when it was 40mm, you cant go anymore than 40mm, seeing a trend here mate?!!!! ;)

Scooby STi, FiestaST

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.apexsuspension.comwww.apexsuspension.com

thats where youll find out for sure but the thread below has alot of this covered for the 1.6 already, i believe that if the above comments are true itll be the same kit ?

<A target=_blank href= "http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=173966&SearchPagePosition=1&search=fao+fred&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=173966&SearchPagePosition=1&search=fao+fred&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

looks like itll be either part number SP150-4050-40 (40 both front and back drop) or SP150-4060 (60mm drop at rear, 40 at front).

doesnt even mention diesel exclusions...

Or phone 01357529291 (motorsportworld website) they seem very informed thats where i ordered mine from in the end.

(would have been nice if theyd remembered to order the product though)

basically they forgot to actually process the order so sat with them for 7 days.
[Edited by the_ferret on 05 August 2005 at 7:15pm]

H22A7 Accord Type R

for god sake man, go and get an angle grinder and lower it to whatever u want!!! lol! HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN ASKING ABOUT LOWERING IT?????? make it happen man! Eibach 30mm, job done!

"Navy" N17 TWO

Cheers Rob - im suprised at even you suggesting as high as 30mm ;)

Fred will probably throw the wrench at you :p

Really need to know will that SPAX kit fit ?

Skoda Fabia vRS

personally id go for some Eibach springs

after havin a look at work today, and online, the choice of suspension for the diesels is very very limited

id sell you some eibach sportline springs 50mm and koni sport adjustible dampers, that other guy black_..... was interested for his dci but he disapeared.

eibacj and koni are better then apex or spax!!

dci is i think 58mm hub bolt spacing, if the bolt spacing on your dci is 58mm then anykit with this spacing will fit, dont think it matters about engine weight etc just get the right spacing for the hub.