ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4D Carbon Wrap on a 1.2 - Pleasantly surprised with the result

Ive concentrated on interior mods for the past few months but i took the plunge and went for it on the outside this time. :), not something you usually see on a 1.2 but hey ho.

Its the new 4D stuff and it has a really glossy look even though its still textured, me and my mate did a proper job on it, with no wrinkles or stretches and i love the result.

carbonbennet2.jpg

Naughty 1.2L 16V
Top job! Bet that took a while mate. Think it looks smart :)

Would like to try some wrapping on my 1.2 but don't know whether to go for the textured or not.

I'm glad you like it. I saw too much of this at Trax. IMO its ok for small bits of interior trim but thats about it.

yer the old stuff was boring, and yer i was at trax and got this big 4D roll from one of the stalls near adrian flux for £15 couldnt turn that down haha

this new 4D stuff is really good though much better than the older stuff, it has tiny swirls instead of just straight little lines which you cant see until close up and it reflects the light in such a way that it looks like the real thing in some lights

Top job! Bet that took a while mate. Think it looks smart :)

Would like to try some wrapping on my 1.2 but don't know whether to go for the textured or not.

yer took about 5 hours mate and that was with help from a mate, really wanted to do a good job on it and not all stretched and stuff, you dont realise how many small curves are in these little bonnets

yer the old stuff was boring, and yer i was at trax and got this big 4D roll from one of the stalls near adrian flux for £15 couldnt turn that down haha

this new 4D stuff is really good though much better than the older stuff, it has tiny swirls instead of just straight little lines which you cant see until close up and it reflects the light in such a way that it looks like the real thing in some lights

They are getting better with the fake carbon we even use it at work for a couple of bits, however you can still tell a mile off that's its fake

haha, still love it, turning some heads, glistens in the sun, looks a lot better than the old stuff ive used for the interior bits.

This is what it looks like on the roll, its a really good optical illusion.

2013-09-08153930.jpg

Civic Type R FN2
Looks pretty good on the roll, what make is the material?

We recently did a complete grey carbon wrap on a Vauxhall Calibra, now THAT was too much carbon. Didn't look too bad but it's something I would never have done..!

clio 3 dci 106 hp
I've tried it too !! It's fantastic! It's not carbon... Ok... But for 15-20 £ it's enough!!!
This is the result on my dci
E6468B73-77FD-48A7-A610-D8B621547E15-506-0000001931A1DF58_zpscb5391f5.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I'm not keen eye for detail, I'd look at those mirrors and assume they were carbon with how glossy they were. Unless there was signs of creases etc

the bonnet is easy to tell, such a big part