ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5-a-Side Football - Surrey Area

330i. E30 Touring.
Will text you once I've eaten, mate.

If you get stuck Tom, fire me a text too. We need our star keepers there.

Was a 197
if anyone stuck 4 lifts then i'll pick anyone up, just gimmie the post code and time and i'll be there!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Russ, which is nearer to you, Guildford or West Drayton?

If you can get one, I'll get the other.

330i. E30 Touring.
Fackin' 'ell.

Better get those running legs on, boys.

Me,
Bigman
Nick
Tom
Russ
Vish
Bigman's mate Mark.

1 sub, FTL.

330i. E30 Touring.
Whoever fancies it, tbh! I know I don't!

Right, I'll pick up Thomas at just after 8, if Russ is alright to get Nick..

B

BigMan

f**k knows, lol.

Bigman's apparently worked out some magic strategy.

Well it work for around 10 mins! :dapprove:

We will go back to the drawing board! God I was crap last night, sorry boys!

B

BigMan

What was the magic strategy then? 5 in goal with Tom up front?

Err the other way round. Tom in goal. First 10 mins we were alright, but we let one slip and yeahhhh :dapprove:

But I feel we can take more positives from this. The first 10 mins we looked good. We just got to look to continue that for a further 20 mins.

Well kick about Thursday, looking forward to it as always :D

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL.

Overall, a better show. We kept the ball for a bit longer this time, lol.

Also, we actually had a fair few shots on target.

Solid defence required.

330i. E30 Touring.
Well, you could put it that way.

Match went like this:

First ten minutes, we played well. Had a few chances, so did they. Let a goal in, and it stayed much the same. After another few minutes, they scored again, and for some reason we pushed further up the pitch, and much the same as last week, they played in behind us.

Coupled with Nick's injury and limping off,
Tom's ability to let the ball(s) through (inbetween) his legs more times than Katie Price,
My lack of fitness and ability to kick the ball straight,
Bigman's inability to stop defenders,
Mark's inability to pass,
Joe's inability to watch the person he's 'marking',
Russ' ability to know where he is,
and Vish's inability to take his eyes off my buff body.

Yeah, other than those things, it went alright!;)

Was a 197
I think if we get like 9 or 10 players who'll definately play every or most weeks and work on communication and positioning and passing and shooting and fitness!!!

I reckon we go for a long ball game rather than a apssing game as it should save us a bit of energy as well rather than passing and moving as the pitch is hugeeeee!!

Defending, we cud choose a man who we will mark all nite, regardless of where they go.

Just a few ideas worth considering. Or we cud sneak another player on while they aint looking!!!

I found the pitch rather greasy tbh, rain all day probably didnt help!!

Oh and Mike, thanks for saying i have ability!!! ;) :D I'll get u a duck!!

I think if we get like 9 or 10 players who'll definately play every or most weeks and work on communication and positioning and passing and shooting and fitness!!!

I reckon we go for a long ball game rather than a apssing game as it should save us a bit of energy as well rather than passing and moving as the pitch is hugeeeee!!

Defending, we cud choose a man who we will mark all nite, regardless of where they go.

Just a few ideas worth considering. Or we cud sneak another player on while they aint looking!!!

I found the pitch rather greasy tbh, rain all day probably didnt help!!

Oh and Mike, thanks for saying i have ability!!! ;) :D I'll get u a duck!!

Both of these points are spot on and what I feel we need to sort. What we also need is people to start actually coming and doing proper training instead of just 'kicking' a ball about.

I do apologise for what I said and did last night, as you can probably tell i'm unbelivably competative and absolutely hate losing. Will try and kurb my temper though. :eek:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
We started off well, matched them I thought. But you could see the fatigue start to get to us and that's when they pushed us harder and we started to crumble.

I think having someone stay up just in their half was good, at some points they had two players back sticking near me, which will help out midfield and defence I assume. I think things started to break down when we weren't sticking to positions and left ourselves open. We just need to play more together for us to sync with each other better and set up proper positions that we regularly play in.

They said to me, it was their first proper season for a year or two I think. But they have all played before apart from two, who I hadn't even noticed were on the pitch, think that's when I was staring at Mike. So they still had experience so it wasn't an all and out crap team we played.

and Vish's inability to take his eyes off my buff body.

Yeah, other than those things, it went alright!;)

You're the second ginger to have caught my eye ;) You're easier on the eyes too, most of the time too she was whiter than a ghost covered in mayonnaise.

Both of these points are spot on and what I feel we need to sort. What we also need is people to start actually coming and doing proper training instead of just 'kicking' a ball about.

I do apologise for what I said and did last night, as you can probably tell i'm unbelivably competative and absolutely hate losing. Will try and kurb my temper though. :eek:

What did you say, I didn't hear or notice?

You're right we need proper training, good solid warm up, like 10-15 mins not just a run to the tree and back, and then maybe strikers against defenders and keepers, practise long balls and passing etc

Gutted on the ankle, hope it's sorted soon mate, need you back! I luckily only came away with astro burns.

Was a 197
Don't think any of use enjoy losing tbh Nick, and maybe that is wot we need a bit of hunger and desire and compete for everything.

It's gonna take time as we are used to having a laugh, ok still having a laugh have the last laugh at the end of the game mwahahahahaha!!!!

Mondeo TDCi
where abouts do you guys play? i used to have football training on tuesdays but it has been moved so could help out if your short...?

Was a 197
we play at salesian school in chertsey right by the m25 on tuesday nites, sixes league we just joined and train every thursday on a field in guildford.

330i. E30 Touring.
Weather depending, who's up for tonight, then?

Rumours are it's going to piss down, though..

Petrol Blue 182.
think its ok this evenong, but im on a training thingy for my new job, so im out im afraid, ill b back next week, sounded like u missed me lol :|

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'll be there whatever the weather. What time?

where abouts do you guys play? i used to have football training on tuesdays but it has been moved so could help out if your short...?

If that's a joke focussed at Mike, that's harsh......but funny.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
We'll be lucky to have 5 tonight at this rate.

Reschedule for another night? Monday?