ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'53 Plate WHITE 172 Cup - WP53OKO - Do I get this Clio ?

Hello All,

Had the pleasure of using a few Clio's previously, a Tidy Flamer, Liquid Yellow 182, and DCi 100.

My question today.. What do we think of this.... I believe it's been in the club before with a carbon bonnet from trawling Google and a few member searches.

The advert claims:

12 Months MOT, K&N Apollo Induction, KTEC Coilovers, KTEC Stealth Exhaust, Polybushed (dogbone mount only probably), Matched inlets, Carbon fibre trims ?!, show cage lol, 182 gearbox, Orange alloys (as pictured these are Turini's), all good tyres, 5 months tax.

Here are the pictures:

5224f7e49ddbd_1.gif

5224f7be9d290_1.gif

5224f7d010577_1.gif

5224f7f7c3c5b_1.gif

5224f80da9019_1.gif

5224f81dd0cdc_1.gif

5224f8293d882_1.gif

5224f8436bf77_1.gif

My thoughts were..... White the wheels, re-splitter (Fabia or carbon to match the other bits), narrow plate, de-cage/sticker/re-badge etc.

I see the interior is wrong? but it looks better than the plain cup interior, checks out as HPI clear, vin numbers all match, white everywhere.

Anyone know the car ?!

Thanks in advance :)

This was booked in with me for belts and dephaser. Never turned up so is assume they haven't been done and are overdue.

Good start haha. He told me the belts were done on 75-80k approx. with receipt and stamp etc but the cars now on 120 ish!

Was this recently as be good to know if it was the same owner

Cheers

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Not if he said it was done on 75k
Looks great imo, really like them in white.

Still 5 years / 72k
So 03 car, due in 08 would need doing again in 13. So it's due, if not overdue.

Interior was stripped so a different has been out back.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
I'm pretty sure that used to live near me but had 2 racing blue stripes on it. Recognise the reg form a few years back.

I'm sure this is a conversion rather than a standard jobbie. Saw it advertised before

The reg on HPI check comes back as 172 Cup - 1 Colour change, and vin number matches the pictures I asked him to send of the windscreen, door sticker, log book ?

I'm pretty sure that used to live near me but had 2 racing blue stripes on it. Recognise the reg form a few years back.

It seems to be a recognised car, I would have to put a private plate on it !

Not worth 2300 if the belts needs need doing imo.

Nope..

However, my Ibiza on it's current 113,000 miles, Cat D, and cam belt also due with other bits and pieces (ABS sensor, hub etc) is worth penny's now :( people breaking them up everywhere so I did plan on perhaps doing that but not worth it as the shell I had repainted so would be a waste

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd swap if the cars as nice as in the pics. Pretty sure a private plate won't give it 'the you can't see me addition' lol

Could be a good swap

Maybe worth looking at it and striking a deal if it's ok

I'd swap if the cars as nice as in the pics. Pretty sure a private plate won't give it 'the you can't see me addition' lol

It would be my first 'Swapz' never liked the idea of the whole site tbh but just seen it pop up.. Indeed about the plate but may stop people in the street stating it was there old car or bobs old clio etc lol

How does one enter the boot?

Aye, good point lol

Interesting point !!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Im pretty sure that was stripped out etc and was on ebay earlier this year, if its the same one i was planning on buying.

If it is, its wheels have been painted and the interior replaced too.

Swapz seems a proper chavvy name, I'm not surprised the car wasn't good. Imo sell your car, get the money & go looking.

I actually like the look of that cup as a whole, but not the story that goes with it.

Swapz seems a proper chavvy name, I'm not surprised the car wasn't good. Imo sell your car, get the money & go looking.

I actually like the look of that cup as a whole, but not the story that goes with it.

'Swapz' I thought they were joking with the z on the end ! I'm far from saying my car is perfect but I think its a place for people to just bin off there cars easily without bothering about the pride you try and put into it when you sell a car and make it presentable

I'd always wonder WHY it was sprayed, and if it was done for another reason (aka had previous damage).

Check related threads at the bottom of the page... makes sense as to why the side skirts had blue chips on them but the rest of the shell was white.. re-shelled but had the cup bits put on to it. No idea how they have got round it or if the cars stamped vin matched or not but he wanted to base the car on this he was saying:

254904_191840830866901_100001229575715_535049_4341203_n.jpg

Clio 2003 dci 100
Used to be my car I had it standard spec it hasent had the belts done I sold it to someone local for 1600 on the provisions it needs the belts doing , instead of this various things were sprayed orange and Bodged and he sold the 182 seats it had in it to my girlfreind has he needed to free up some cash so he had her dci seats in exchange I personally wouldn't touch it breaks my heart to see this like this :(

Used to be my car I had it standard spec it hasent had the belts done I sold it to someone local for 1600 on the provisions it needs the belts doing , instead of this various things were sprayed orange and Bodged and he sold the 182 seats it had in it to my girlfreind has he needed to free up some cash so he had her dci seats in exchange I personally wouldn't touch it breaks my heart to see this like this :(

I have learn't a lot about this car, spoke to many people going back years now outside of Cliosport etc..

Short story is..

I now own it after looking endless at Clio's... Got it sunday and have spent Monday, Tuesday, and today all day flat out on it..

ST Orange/half chrome stupid cage sold, ST Orange Turini's off, 'like a boss' stickers and other silly decals in silly places off, horrid carbon wrap removed everywhere, lots of wrongs put right... Bad thing is that it doesn't have the white mirror caps and the original boot was binned by an idiot.. Not happy with the boot already so best get hunting for one this week

Wearing an RS interior again as of today, Anthracite Williams Wheels until I sort the Turini's out again. The exhaust was hanging off (No centre mount!) other silly interior bits and pieces and switchs in the post along with a set of xenons :)

I keep my cars so it will be in safe hands now ;) I'll no doubt put a thread up at some point