ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

58 Plate: Red Black Clio 1.2

Authentique 1.2
Hey guys,

Seen a 1.2 58 plate clio today in a local dealership, it is black but has red decals, wolf race alloys with a red trim.

What model is it? I tried the reg on an insurance quote, come up as a 2004 1.2i?

Thanks in advance!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Sounds like on of those dealer 'specials' to me. GT aint out yet I don't think?

Authentique 1.2
You guys don't like it? Fell in love with it yesterday, just want to know if it's a straight 1.2 or can you get them with a turbo?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They look terrible. I'm not sure if you can get one with the TCE engine though...

Hey guys,

Seen a 1.2 58 plate clio today in a local dealership, it is black but has red decals, wolf race alloys with a red trim.

What model is it? I tried the reg on an insurance quote, come up as a 2004 1.2i?

Thanks in advance!
I've just seen where your from, Renault Romford dealership had it in yeah ??

I saw a few there Saturday. Seriously awful looking cars :dead:!! One without stickers, 25 profile tyres & awful wolfrace wheels looks so much better :)

Authentique 1.2
Yeah it's plonked out on the front next to the a127, I really like it lol.

But arent cars supposed to be individual, lol.

How comes it's not on the renault website? Also nyone know the actual model lol?

Authentique 1.2
lol, I cant afford the insurance on a renault sport 2.0, im only 19 and the cars expensive enough, lol.

Back to that car, it says 2004, but its on a 58 plate? I called the bloke today, he said the renault dealership owns it (so 1 owner) and it has done 10 miles.

It's funny beause that insurance quote showed a 2005 reg too.

Whats that about?

Yeah it's plonked out on the front next to the a127, I really like it lol.

But arent cars supposed to be individual, lol.

How comes it's not on the renault website? Also nyone know the actual model lol?
If you want yours to look different from another one, buy a mk3 and modify if yourself, the dealer specials (like that one) are utterly awful. There are loads of better wheels that can be put on them than poxy cheap wolfrace ones.

- that car can't be a 2005 car, as they weren't out then.

Authentique 1.2
2004, but thats what I thought. Wierd one there, but it comes up as 04 on the website and 04 on isnurance quote...how do you work that one out.

I really do like that car thou, just wish ti was bigger than 1.2 as I have a 51 plate 1.2 and its sluggish to say the least.

2004, but thats what I thought. Wierd one there, but it comes up as 04 on the website and 04 on isnurance quote...how do you work that one out.

I really do like that car thou, just wish ti was bigger than 1.2 as I have a 51 plate 1.2 and its sluggish to say the least.

its licence plate is EJ58LSK if you looked in the details

The vehicle details for EJ58 LSK are:

Date of Liability 01 08 2009
Date of First Registration 30 01 2009
Year of Manufacture 2009
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1149CC
CO2 Emissions 139g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval M1
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £66.00
12 Months Rate £120.00

an it will be slower then you current 1.2 id look for a tce

Authentique 1.2
Yeah but why does the website / insurance quote come up as 2004 on that reg?

But what makes you say it will be slower? I only have a 8vavle 1.2, and im sureitwont make 70bhp

Yeah but why does the website / insurance quote come up as 2004 on that reg?

But what makes you say it will be slower? I only have a 8vavle 1.2, and im sureitwont make 70bhp

didnt realise that i was asuming you old clio was 16v in which case the mk3 weighs quite a bit so it wouldnt be as quick

but going from 8v to 16v its not much quicker its only a secound quicker to 60 then your clio :dead:

Last edited:
So, you like it? Go and buy it.

You won't get much more from the 1.2 engine apart from more noise tbh.

Authentique 1.2
Yeah I went back down there today, turns out its done 65 miles cuz I started it.

Is there much difference in a 1.2 turbo?

The only thing extreme about that is the price!

Who the hell would spend £10k on a 1.2 clio? Save your money until you can actually afford a faster car if i were you.
And you already have a 1.2, what's the point?

Authentique 1.2
lol!

Just wondering, can anyone tell why the car says 2004 on the website, and on the insurance quote? Even though it's a 58 plate?

And on another note, would adding an induction kit make the car sound deeper?

Cheers lads

Why not get one a little bit older then copy what the stealers did to it, you'll save yourself a fair bit of money.

The only thing extreme about that is the price!

Who the hell would spend £10k on a 1.2 clio? Save your money until you can actually afford a faster car if i were you.
And you already have a 1.2, what's the point?
I have to agree. For that money there is so much better out there.

lol!

Just wondering, can anyone tell why the car says 2004 on the website, and on the insurance quote? Even though it's a 58 plate?

And on another note, would adding an induction kit make the car sound deeper?

Cheers lads

:S thats clearly an error on listing we can see its a 58plate

where are you doing an insurence quote for EJ58 LSK

Come, SEE SENSE!!

AK

M240i
TBF the white ones not that bad lol..

Lower it a bit... wee a lot lol and loose the stickers and it would be a no bad wee motor.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Just from what everyone had posted, I was expecting it to be 'uber s**t. Where-as for a younster, they'd probably be quite happy with it (as is the case, so it seems)

Authentique 1.2
cheers lol, im deffo up for getting it.

Renault wont do 0% cuz its classed as used, mite look at a loan.
Suggestions?

Very true Brian, a couple of kids round my way have the white ones, they seem to like them (they'll realise the error of thoer ways soon) ;)

My point is that for 10k there is so much better to be had for the money (inluding getting a mk3 clio for about 6k and modding it up) If it were me and I wanted a mk3 i'd do that.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Very true Brian, a couple of kids round my way have the white ones, they seem to like them (they'll realise the error of thoer ways soon) ;)

My point is that for 10k there is so much better to be had for the money (inluding getting a mk3 clio for about 6k and modding it up) If it were me and I wanted a mk3 i'd do that.

That is very true. But you know what it's like, you see something, you like it, you buy it - regardless of whether it was the best thing to do.