ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 month old Megane Crash @ Castle Combe today *Action Pics*

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah if its the chap i think it ostensibly he hasn't had it long had a R26 before. and is a regular at combe.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I feel very sorry for him as I'm sure he's upset, but if he is going to be in major financial difficulty as a result then it was a choice he made.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Brave man to track a decent car like that. Brave or stupid?, its a tough call
Porkie from this forum takes his 430 out on track and properly spanks it. Some people want to enjoy their performance car properly and on track is the only way to really push the limits. Always do it eyes wide open to the possible outcomes though of course.

Lotus Elise
Porkie from this forum takes his 430 out on track and properly spanks it. Some people want to enjoy their performance car properly and on track is the only way to really push the limits. Always do it eyes wide open to the possible outcomes though of course.

100% agree, its a shame to see performance cars not being used to their full potential

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As already said, I feel gutted for the guy but thankful both occupants are unharmed. A friend from my car club got these photos of the accident :(

8687169748_e2098c06da_c.jpg

8686044873_d85880f91d_c.jpg

8687181786_980798f870_c.jpg

:(

Had my head in my hands watching this unfold at Quarry earlier, this is one of the man reasons I shat myself about going on track this morning.

172 Cup
You're dealing with the claim to know this then, yeah?

Ive worked in bodyshops for 15 years. Every panel is bashed which they wont replace due to cost and no one really reshells cars nowadays. Plus you have the unseen stuff like Srs tensioners firing and suspension damage.
Hell either get paid out or get a new car if his policy dictates.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Always a shame to see a car crash, at least its just his pride and pockets that will get hurt.

The tyres would have absorbed a considerable amount of impact, but will depend on him and his situation as to the future of his car. Be even worse if it wasnt the owner driving!

p.s Ill take the engine if its going in the bin ;) make the most out of a bad situation

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah......don't think I'll do any combe days. Seen dozens of cars go into that tyre wall. Always seems to be moron filled Action days or japfest that attracts the big smashes too.

172 Race Car
When me and Tony went to shakedown the race car there, the VERY FIRST car to do a lap went into the wall at the last corner on the first lap

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
When me and Tony went to shakedown the race car there, the VERY FIRST car to do a lap went into the wall at the last corner on the first lap

Generally speaking experienced drivers there if they have an off do so at camp and the inexperienced do so at quarry.
(Camp is last corner, quarry is first)

camp is lethal because the line you take to go quick puts you on the concrete kerbs on the outside at over 80mph and the wall is just a few feet away, with quarry if you make a mistake exiting on the correct line you are at a much shallower angle from the barrier and a lot further from the wall.
the ones crashing at quarry normally are the ones on totally the wrong line or way too much entry speed.
I personally accepted 15 years ago I will probably one day write a car off at camp, but so far my luck has held out.
Its a great feeling when you do get it just right though, especially when you then use that exit speed to get past a faster car on the straight, in my mk1 Clio with only about 180bhp I used to regularly get past an m3 or similar on the way out of that bend by hanging back a little on the braking on the way in to give the car in front lots of space and then carrying loads more speed through the apex and on the way out so I passed him at the start of the straight. Epic fun but obviously if it does go wrong it will go wrong in a big way at those speeds with so little run off so I didn't used to do it when anyone was right behind me as if you get it wrong there you end up collecting the person behind you as you come back onto the track.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Forgot to say it was a saxo with tints

Lol guess the only reason he survived quarry was lack of power on the out lap then. If he had survived camp at end of the first lap he would have been killed at quarry probably on the next having got a decent run up. Lol.

Unfortuantly s**t happens. Going back 3yrs ago I did full day at Oulton Park and driving back on the motorway an articulated truck crashed into me! Anyone can crash.

All that and those bloody LED lights are still soldering on!

Poor fella - probably any car owner's worst nightmate.

Nissan 350z
Just make sure you have trackday insurance and carry on as normal (I got mine via Greenlight for £40 when I did Llandow). There's no point buying a car like the Meg 250/Clio 200 and not using it, you might as well downgrade to a DCi.

(edit). Also looked like the person driving has a camera or phone attached to the window recording... I wonder what the chances are of him posting that up?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Onboard...

[video=youtube_share;NE7uvRMjvIc]http://youtu.be/NE7uvRMjvIc[/video]

I lol'd when he said "the front's fallen off, aw f**k's sake that's pissed me off"

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL, they took that in good humour. He was going well and clearly knew the lines so I'm surprised he lost it there.

He should have stopped and looked before (or instead of) carrying on though. Could have been leaking oil.