ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60,000km service for mk1 172

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Just booked my mk1 172 in for its 60,000km (about 35,000mi) service

480 quid is the quote and that excludes fixing the suspected loose engine mount (shudder on pulloff, clutch is fine, engine doesnt move when revving or when trying to move it by hand in the engine bay)

Also excludes fixing the squeak from under the car when accelerating (only happens when the car is accelerating, not when free revving)

VW Potato

how bloody much!? I was quoted only £250 for my 36k service (which is being done at 34,500k in a month or so because it has to be done slightly earlier)

g

172beast

I paid 100 quid, not from Renault obviously tho! Not under warrenty so why bother gettin ripped off. Mines on 44,000 now, just had oil and oil filter change plus cambelt change, 320 quid.

I paid a lot to renault for my 36,000 and then paid another £500 for a brake upgrade package as I needed new disks and pads.

I should have known better.

/y0z

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

This isnt from Renault...they want even more money (at least another 50 quid)...its from a mechie who used to work at Renault and now has his own shop...

He does excellent work, spent 30 minutes with him before the service talking about what I needed done etc, then another 30 minutes just chatting about cars and stuff.

Ive heard again today that hes still waiting for an aux belt from Renault and the problem with the squeaking and shuddering was an engine mount something or other which was completely sheared in two and there is a bolt missing from the gearbox mounting...apprently the only thing keeping it in place is its own weight

Ill get the car this evening...bound to go like a bomb now that the engine and gearbox aren;t bouncing around everytime I plant it