ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A good tip, ref 172/182

Here's a tip for all 172/182 owners with Cruise Control...
I'll set the scene first to tell the story.

I was driving along a B road, travelling through a villiage with a 40mph limit. In this villiage is 3 speed cameras, so i set the 182's speed limiter to 40mph so i wasnt tempted to stray over the limit and risk getting caught.

Towards the end of the villiage i got stuck behind a tractor doing about 20mph, so i slow down and wait behind it for the national speed limit sign. A quick look round the tractor and i can see the oncoming cars a fair distance ahead so i go to overtake. I get along side the tractor only to hit the speed limiter at 40mph in 2nd, which i had forgotten to turn off!

so the tip of the day... remember to turn off the speed limiter when overtaking! :eek:

Audi TT 225
Or sell the 182 and get your propper 172 back which doesn't have silly cruise control and you can own tractors all day :D

Whoops. Thinking about it I've never used the speed limiter in my 182 and have used the cruise control once - just to try it out.

Or sell the 182 and get your propper 172 back which doesn't have silly cruise control and you can own tractors all day :D

Nah im happy with my 182 now, its just as quick as my old car finally :)

So Fubar is what your trying to say is the tractor nearly did you in the twisties?

lol, erm... yeah :eek:

i dived back in behind him and had another go at overtaking later lol

A Beautiful R32
speed limiter, not cruise control... as said above you over-ride it by sticking you're foot flat to the floor.

I think that's why the click is at the bottom to get you out of trouble that click saved me a few times on a roundabout when i forgot to turn it of and wanted a quick get away

Der Panzer
Never had this problem, when I was overtaking something I always nailed it, to limiter was overriden.

i didnt use full throttle to reach the "click"... there was no need for a 20mph tractor.
Well as it turns out there was a need! lol

CB600FS
Cruise control keeps you at the speed you want.

Speed limiter you drive around normally, but it won't let you go over the speed you set. Unless you go to overtake a tractor, of course.

172 phase2 since2003

172,s do come with cruise control as mine has it all fitted all late 172 models had them as standard also aircon late 53,s
:quiet:

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
whenever i use my cruise control i just set it at say 70 and then when i brake it obviously deactivates and when i want it to start again i just press the up speed button. if im on a 40mph road i probably wouldnt use it or in that scenario id have turned the switch off.
ive never used the speed limiter, where is it? lol

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Flick the Cruise Control Switch down. Light goes orange.

I just press the 0 on the steering wheel to clear it.

Speed limiter you drive around normally, but it won't let you go over the speed you set. Unless you go to overtake a tractor, of course.
My doesn't let me drive normally. I've used it in the past when I've got some old bill behind me, but it's a dog when trying to build speed up, especially from a standing start. It's like driving a sub 1.0L car when pulling away from traffic lights with it set.

ph1 172 Black
Funny cruise control that. I drive Volvos S80s and Vectra Diesal all week and all off them let you go quicker. Just tap break and floor it.

If your having them troubles I might be safer to not use it!:clown:

do people actually read things before they post?

this thread is about how i forgot to disable my speed limiter feature... which is completely different to the cruise control feature.

All the 182's speed limiter does it prevent you from going over the set speed.