ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Mini Adventure, to JCW GP...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Love a GP, are these still holding there monies well?

LOL, more spending Dave! You're obsessed!

Its an investment ;) So yeah, hopefully their values will hold firm, they certainly have for the past couple of years ...

You're an idiot.

Hatred for Mini within FailSport is so strong :dapprove:

Having owned a Trophy it was clear once you started on the Mini path you'd end up in a GP. Really interested to hear how you get on with it, and a comparison to the T would be nice too.

Good effort, Dave.

Yeah, it was always going to happen really, but only if the house deposit was sorted 1st, which after a load of saving, it pretty much is. Will of course do a review when i get it, certainly feels quicker!! Keeps on pulling hard from 5-7k as well, which my current one doesnt seem to like too much.

Lotus Elise
Dave, I'm glad you saw sense I just wish it was after I bought one :rasp:

Where was this advertised as I went and had a look at a couple not so long ago.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave, I'm glad you saw sense I just wish it was after I bought one :rasp:

Where was this advertised as I went and had a look at a couple not so long ago.

lol. Thought you might say that fellow ex-Trophy owner :p

12459483_zps91de6a42.jpg

Mine was in Rye, East Sussex. Nearly got on the plane to view a sub £10k one in Scotland, but this one was a lot closer with better history/tyres, etc!!! Had a nice afternoon driving along the south coast in the sun as well on Saturday, so win win all round really.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Wait till the pirate sees this.

I'm going for a mega multi-quote later! :eek:

Lotus Elise
looks lovely, lowest millage car you've ever bought?

​I went and looked at a few Synter had in but they were tatty and overpriced for the millage poor tyres the lot. :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
For someone who works in finance (iirc) your man maths is awesome.

Well played Sir

Ha ha, the wonder of excel, like statistics, is that they can say whatever you want them to say ...

Lols. Wait till the pirate sees this.

Thought you might like it, didnt get it from Scotland btw, Nankang tyres :dead:

looks lovely, lowest millage car you've ever bought?

​I went and looked at a few Synter had in but they were tatty and overpriced for the millage poor tyres the lot. :(

Think it is actually!! Lowest ever, even my fiesta in '00 had just over 50k i think. Ed30 had 18k, but that was a company car so does count.

Know what you mean about tyres, even the one on PH for £14K has non-matching tyres FFS. Major turn off!!

Such a cool little car. Withoutabix's one on coilovers was immense.

Yup, his on coilovers & Turinis was my inspiration tbh. The lushness was immense, although imho, the standard one looks a darn sight better in real life than it does in pictures strangely!!! The wheels are quite nice up close ...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gay.

The one EVO reviewed lives in the next estate to me.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love it, apart from the standard wheels which I think are hideous.

If it was mine it would have a nice set of compomotive mo 6's and some kw v3 coilovers

E92 325D
Yup, his on coilovers & Turinis was my inspiration tbh. The lushness was immense, although imho, the standard one looks a darn sight better in real life than it does in pictures strangely!!! The wheels are quite nice up close ...

If you were to lower it that much, but on the standard GP wheels, i think it would look better for sure.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
No climate or HK. Why are you afraid of spec!

If i wanted spec id buy another 3 series lol, load speed fun, with a higher quality interior is what im after these days!! GP fits that bill perfectly tbh.

Fair play dude presume none of the common issues I mentioned were evident?

defiantly needs coilovers tho!

Nah, they were all fine (although i stupidly forgot to check for the orange jacking blocks, think they were there in a little bag in the 'storage' area), couldnt resist temptation after the drive though, does drive differently, not massively faster i dont think, but planting your foot mid bend and feeling it just drag around was ace :race:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Like I said in my PM, I am very jealous Dave!

I know a couple of years ago a local main dealer had a very nice example up for £15k and I was tempted then as it seemed well priced.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
De-cat...dooooo it. The pop's, bangs and flame are brilliant.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ffs Dave i've just bought a new car on Sat, would of had your MCS!

Hopefully see the new one at some tracks though!

535d / t5 caravelle
which is quicker this one or the previous one? i really should stay clear of this section as it gives me all sorts of stupid ideas!

within the last month i've gone from a scooby, r26, clio 172 turbo/sc and now i'm looking at f**king mini's as my next car FFS lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I'll just quote this from page 1 of this thread ;)

Oh i WANTED a Works GP, but couldnt afford one

I've edited that for you, just to reflect a more accurate statement of affairs lol.

which is quicker this one or the previous one? i really should stay clear of this section as it gives me all sorts of stupid ideas!

I gather that the GP2 is quicker overall, but the GP1 is the more 'pure' experience. In terms of reading, whilst it is a US website, you can spend hours reading about them both here: http://www.motoringfile.com/section/jcw/jcw-gp/

P90104101_highRes.jpg
P90104102_highRes.jpg
P90104100_highRes.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How much lighter is a GP1 to normal? Is it just the rear seats and a clothes hanger in its place to make it lighter?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How much lighter is a GP1 to normal? Is it just the rear seats and a clothes hanger in its place to make it lighter?

50Kg's lighter than the normal one iirc, so 1120kg's in total.

No rear seats, no xenons, less sound deadening, lighter wheels, aluminium rear trailing arms (same as R56), along with a few other little odds & sods that all add up. Circa 195bhp per ton.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
50Kg's lighter than the normal one iirc, so 1120kg's in total.

No rear seats, no xenons, less sound deadening, lighter wheels, aluminium rear trailing arms (same as R56), along with a few other little odds & sods that all add up. Circa 195bhp per ton.

Must bloody shift then!

Titanium 182
1.pagani zonda f
2.lotus 340r
3.Porsche 911 996 gt3
4.caterham superlight r300
5.renault sport megane r26r
6. lotus elan
7. renault sport clio trophy
8. ferrari f50
9.mazda mx5 (pop up lights)
10.mitsubishi evo vi makinen ed

Em I dont see any Mini in the top 100 EVO drivers cars, I see a trophy though :) so must be shite lol

Am really interested in what you do with this, I have been a fan of this model for a long time.

Be also interesting to see how it compares to the trophy as a drivers car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
GP2 rear bumper is awesomesauce.

Agreed. The R56 MCS did come up with a nice bodykit front and rear. The aero kit at the front is superb. Think the guy on here had the Red one?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I was always tempted to go see the one in Performance ecosse as its like 5 minutes from me been there a while tho and it seemed reasonably priced from my looking at these previously! Be interested to see your thoughts on it when u have it.