ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AB 182 Both Cup Packs

182 Cup
So, been on the forum for a while now and used to own a 1.6 Dynamique S VVT, which was very nice to drive, but I've decided to get the full "Sha-bang"!

So I introduce Lexi the Clio lol;

She has 90k miles, FSH, 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax and in great condition! I picked her up for £2100, but will be more like £2500 once I've replaced the dephaser & Belt (dephaser is worn). It comes with receipts for a sports cat with a Scorpion 2.5" exhaust, mushroom filter with cold air feed & remap, but no power printout unfortunately.

Some pics below

null_zpsbf130ea8.jpg

null_zps9d49dc17.png

null_zps76d06db3.jpg

null_zpsfb1477e4.jpg

What you think? :)

E46 M3, Clio 182
the Skoda Fabia is the splitter people on here tend to go for. Other options are a origianl or a carbon fibre one, both cost circa £120.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a nice standard example.

My preference on the splitters is the carbon ones. But everyones taste is different.

182 Cup
Looks like a nice standard example.

My preference on the splitters is the carbon ones. But everyones taste is different.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for to be honest, none of this Halfords rubbish, just a nice, tidy & standardish example.

I think I'll get the dephaser and belt changed, then probably some subtle modifications but keep it as standard looking and as clean as possible

AB 182 FF
Nice mate, looks really clean. Just got myself pretty much exactly the same, Arctic Blue both cup packs :) Even needs the dephaser doing too!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for to be honest, none of this Halfords rubbish, just a nice, tidy & standardish example.

I think I'll get the dephaser and belt changed, then probably some subtle modifications but keep it as standard looking and as clean as possible

Sounds like you're on a good path :)

182 Cup
Sounds like you're on a good path :)

Cheers mate! I've seen the "Terrible Clio Thread" don't want to end up in there! Lol

I think I saw that one when I was looking online too, but it was a bit far!

Yeah it was really nice! The garage had some really nice cars and almost walked away with a Type R EP3 but the mrs has got 1 of those and I can drive it third party only on my policy anyway ;) lol

182 Cup
**UPDATE - RR RESULTS**

So today was the day I took the car for a Power Run to see what comes up.. I ended up taking the car to a place called "Hi-Tech Motorsport" in Cradley Heath.

Now, this doesn't really affect the story but on arrival, there was a Corsa VXR on the rollers that made 184BHP and was currently undergoing a map to try and achieve 250bhp on the standard Turbo (according to owner). Looks like the thing sh*t itself and the turbo blew up.. Ouch.

Anyways, onto my "dire" results.

Cradley heath from me is about 25 miles, so a good 45 minutes of driving, whilst I was waiting for said Corsa to move off the rollers, I would say my car had been sitting engine off for about 40 minutes? (this is key)

So I finally drove on to the rollers and they warmed her up, they did 2 power runs which achieved... 144bhp + 146bhp!!

This was when I noticed, the read out was saying it was limiting at 6800 RPM, I said to the "technician" do you think the cold limiter could be on STILL?! Well, it was. They turned their fan off and we got it running again and gave it a warm up, fans kicked in, assumed temperature. So here's the run;

http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/trackready1/media/cliorun_zpsadda8b2e.mp4.html

Which gave the following final result;

null_zpsd41af3a7.jpg

null_zps4349fb28.jpg

As you can see from the graph its a very smooth line and the power is there all the way to the limiter, but gave a read out of 166bhp + 120ftlb.

Now the dephaser is playing up and does need replacing, this was mentioned by the technician and said it could cause the readings to be out, if slightly.

What do you guys think? Something I should be worried about? I'm a bit disappointed with the results to be honest, more so because, the car doesn't drive how the paper states. I've had a play with a few cars, Megane 225, EP3, Fabia VRS, POLO TSFI etc...

The Megane 225 was standard, I pulled from that, the EP3 has a decat and exhaust and I was slightly infront of that. No idea if the VRS or POLO TSFI were standard, but both of those I pulled much harder than the Megane + EP3.

I'm just confused by the figures and most of all, if there's something I should be worried about?

I don't know much about the cold limiter etc, but were you happy it had got up to temperate before the full on power run?

This has always concerned me with the thought of club dyno days. I'd wouldn't be happy about giving my car the beans if it was left sitting for a long time before hand.

Regarding the power, what modifications do you have? I think I spot a cat back exhaust...

If it's pretty standard then I would have expected a power figure of about 170bhp, maybe a bit more seeing as it's a cup. (cups generally tend to be stronger from what I've seen)

Obviously all dynos are different though and you could see varying results between them. It might be 166 on these rollers but it could be 175 on another. Without taking another Clio there with you on the same day it's really quite hard to compare accurately.

Last edited:
  182 Cup
Mine did 164 odd on Paul's rollers, timing was out. Go and see Fred @ BTM and get him to check the timing mate. In fact why don't you just get him to do the belts?

Yeah I definitely need it doing! Someone mentioned it could be timing, I was just more concerned at the torque as opposed to horsepower, the torque is showing a loss of 20% against standard, but it doesn't drive that way? :boring:

I don't know much about the cold limiter etc, but were you happy it had got up to temperate before the full on power run?

This has always concerned me with the thought of club dyno days. I'd wouldn't be happy about giving my car the beans if it was left sitting for a long time before hand.

Regarding the power, what modifications do you have? I think I spot a cat back exhaust...

If it's pretty standard then I would have expected a power figure of about 170bhp, maybe a bit more seeing as it's a cup. (cups generally tend to be stronger from what I've seen)

Yeah mate, It's got a Scorpion 2.5" Catback system, air filter & Cold air-feed. It's got a receipt for an RSTuner, but I don't think it was used on this car to be honest. The car definitely wasn't up to temperature, it's only when 1 guy said to another "this doesn't seem to be running right" that I saw the RPM limited @ 6800RPM. They were literally taking it off the rollers and I told them I'd noticed it, so they moved their fan and got mine up to temperature until my fans kicked in and then did a final power run, which according to their rollers, added 20bhp lol :dapprove:

Yeah I definitely need it doing! Someone mentioned it could be timing, I was just more concerned at the torque as opposed to horsepower, the torque is showing a loss of 20% against standard, but it doesn't drive that way? :boring:

If you have any suspicions about the timing then for the peace of mind alone it's worth getting it checked. Take it over to Fred@BTM

Then if you get more power out of it then bonus :)

You say it drives great, but have you driven any other 1*2s? Or had a play with one to see/feel the real world difference?

182 Cup
If you have any suspicions about the timing then for the peace of mind alone it's worth getting it checked. Take it over to @Fred@BTM

Then if you get more power out of it then bonus :)

You say it drives great, but have you driven any other 1*2s? Or had a play with one to see/feel the real world difference?

Not really mate no, I used to have a Clio 172 PH1, this definitely pulls harder than that, noticeably more. My mates has a 54 plate 182 CUP, he has a RR printout for 194Bhp, same exhaust as mine, but also has cams & map. Not had a play with him in my Clio, but I did in the Mrs' car lol she's got an EP3, dead level with it until the end of 3rd and the Type R pulled ever so slightly. Then the anchors came on lol

I'm not far from you Ghandi69 unless yours is charged or something lol

182 Cup
you're in birmingham and haven't had this checked over at BTM?! Criminal!

I know I know it's my bad! People keep saying, but I have my own business and it takes up ALL of my time lol!

I will definitely visit Fred now, get it sorted :)

Not really mate no, I used to have a Clio 172 PH1, this definitely pulls harder than that, noticeably more. My mates has a 54 plate 182 CUP, he has a RR printout for 194Bhp, same exhaust as mine, but also has cams & map. Not had a play with him in my Clio, but I did in the Mrs' car lol she's got an EP3, dead level with it until the end of 3rd and the Type R pulled ever so slightly. Then the anchors came on lol

I'm not far from you Ghandi69 unless yours is charged or something lol

Definitely get Fred to look it over.

Was your mates power run done on the same dyno though? With similar weather conditions?

194bhp is a very good result from cams alone.

182 Cup
Definitely get Fred to look it over.

Was your mates power run done on the same dyno though? With similar weather conditions?

194bhp is a very good result from cams alone.

Yeah he's 1 of those guys that somehow ends up with a quicker version of the car, it's been the same way for every car he's ever owned lol!

Just another pic :)

null_zpsf6ee1f2a.jpg