ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

active subs any rec

Im looking for a SQ biased active subwoofer for the 182, as Im not looking for quantity of sound I can go with quite a small setup.

Im sticking dynaudio components in the front powered by a genesis stereo 100 so I need something decent to keep up with the front.

When I had the above in my Civic I had a Diamond TDX12 powered by a Genesis Dualmono Extreme...that was absolutely amazing, as Im not sticking that in the back of the Clio due to it weighing a ton Im looking for something that is still half way decent tho I do accept it wont be anywhere near what I had.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

why does it have to be active, why not get a good sub and box and bolt an amp to the side... as it wont be much if any heavier than an active... and pretty much only active subs are vibe and bazooka

Skoda Fabia vRS

IIRC Alpine have fairly recently brought one out thats quite compact, but it might not be what your looking for...

I fitted a Blaupunkt obsd 8000 this week. 2 20cm subs and very small. Would recommend it if you just want to add a bit of bass rather than bouncing along the street.

Not sure if its available in the UK though.

Ziel Nurburgring

Ive got a MacAudio 220 (I think its called). Enough tight bass for me and doesnt blare from the car. very small and good looking

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Vibe stuff is very good for this. Ive got a 10" active sub, very pleased with it and pretty loud, theres also a 12" version availble if you want slightly louder.

Hmm Ive been looking at both the Mac and the Infinity, the MAc has been recommended by my dealer so I reckon il end up going for that, Infinity normally have a very nice sound as well though...

MALICE: im going for an active as i want something that I can remove very easily plus they tend to look better than a sub stuck to the side of a box.

In an ideal world Id stick my TDX in but in the CLio it just aint practical :(