ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adeys F4RT Twingo GT

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Finishing up on the swap now and very little left to do. Some tires, sort the wheels with a quick rattle can touch up and get the alignment sorted. When I get that done I will take the measurements for the rear beam and have that properly shimmed up so everything is properly squared up and set nicely.

Big thanks to @YamYamRob who sorted me out with some OEM rs133 rear brake lines, these have the flexi section in to allow for movement in the calliper. I fitted them up this morning and gave the brakes a good bleed through with some fresh ATE type 200. That pretty much concludes this round of upgrades now, just need to put some miles on it all and check for faults or issues (y) I may even give it a clean :D

20211109_141618(0).jpg
20211110_101142.jpg
20211110_101151.jpg
20211110_101203.jpg
20211110_101938.jpg

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Excellent. Question for you! What was the difference in the front shocks between gt and 133? Was it just the tab for the arb link?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent. Question for you! What was the difference in the front shocks between gt and 133? Was it just the tab for the arb link?
there's a few differences that I've noted. The spacing on the RS hub 60mm on the GT its 58mm. The RS hub is made for 14mm bolts the GT is 12mm. Then there's the tab for the arb as you mentioned. On my coilovers the lower hole is slotted up and down so it was spaced to suit both hubs, all I did to make mine work was sleeve the hub to 12mm and add the arb tab (y)

There may be a difference in mounting angle between the shocks on the standard GT and RS shocks but without them side by side I couldn't comment on that. Hope that helps?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Another "make it look better" post, I replaced the B/Door pillar outer trims that had gone crusty. Well one had been replaced already but I removed all of it and fitted some new carbon look ones. TBH I think id rather pull the engine and box than have the job of removing the factory stuff again. What bollox that was. Any way got it all off and cleaned after about and hour and a half, then fitted the ebay supplied ones that seem nice and thick and good quality. Time will tell.

20211112_125416(0).jpg20211112_125210.jpg20211112_093950.jpg20211112_093142.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of spec list update

Engine
Mapped by EFI Parts 277.8bhp 300.6lbft at 17psi

F4rt engine cambelt and aux done at time of conversion so good for another 4/5 years
Big front mount intercooler
External Bosch fuel pressure regulator with return setup and Nissan R35 GTR Fuel pump
Megane 225 injectors (cleaned and checked)
Powerflex purple bushed dogbone mount
Stiffened/filled engine mount and gearbox mount
Relocated battery to boot/wheel well
Big intake pipe and s2000 air filter
Miltek 3 inch Decat wrapped
Miltek 3inch front pipe
2.5 inch mid-section into clio 172 backbox (nice and subtle though made in my garage)

Chassis
AP Coilovers (modified with ARB bracket)
RS133 Steering Rack
RS133 ARB
RS133 Hubs
RS133 Aluminium wishbones (+35mm wider)
Whiteline Rear ARB
RS133 Front Brakes with Laguna 300mm carriers and Scenic 24x300mm discs
RS133 Rear Disc and hub conversion (+35mm wider)
Peugeot 406 master cylinder, bigger bore and fitted for clearance to the downpipe
Team Dynamics 1.2 16x7 et45

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Another "make it look better" post, I replaced the B/Door pillar outer trims that had gone crusty. Well one had been replaced already but I removed all of it and fitted some new carbon look ones. TBH I think id rather pull the engine and box than have the job of removing the factory stuff again. What bollox that was. Any way got it all off and cleaned after about and hour and a half, then fitted the ebay supplied ones that seem nice and thick and good quality. Time will tell.

View attachment 1566193View attachment 1566194View attachment 1566195View attachment 1566196
Got these to do on my rally car and my sons 133. Are these the £22 on ebay?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
WOW I'm very very surprised at the difference the suspension swap has made. Considering at a basic level I've only made my car about 10mm wider at every corner than it was as I was already on spacers, the change in angles and the rear arb has made a huge difference in feel. I've had it aligned this morning and got hold of the rear measurements to get it shimmed also (its a bit off, input please on what shims I need) and it feels super planted and a lot flatter when cornering. The brakes are a huge upgrade also! Bearing in mind I'm on old odd tires and old stock brake pads I cant wait to fit decent stuff in there!

20211116_134750.jpg
20211116_113349(0).jpg
20211116_102706.jpg
20211116_102704.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
WOW I'm very very surprised at the difference the suspension swap has made. Considering at a basic level I've only made my car about 10mm wider at every corner than it was as I was already on spacers, the change in angles and the rear arb has made a huge difference in feel. I've had it aligned this morning and got hold of the rear measurements to get it shimmed also (its a bit off, input please on what shims I need) and it feels super planted and a lot flatter when cornering. The brakes are a huge upgrade also! Bearing in mind I'm on old odd tires and old stock brake pads I cant wait to fit decent stuff in there!

View attachment 1566664View attachment 1566665View attachment 1566666View attachment 1566667
Is that backend alright? Anything bent?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Is that backend alright? Anything bent?
Nothing visible, been like that for years to be fair and if it is its in the beam itself as I've now swapped the stub axles. Its only because I'm trying to get everything sorted properly that I want to shim it up. I wouldn't even say it it handles "off" or anything tbh

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Seen your posts on fb. Dunno why everyone keeps going on about the beam being bent.
That ain’t even bad

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Seen your posts on fb. Dunno why everyone keeps going on about the beam being bent.
That ain’t even bad
I didn't think so tbh. I've not crashed it yet lol doesn't throw me off down the road or mid corner or anything. I did post in my bent beam thread but will post here. After some Google foo it seems its common for Clio ones to be all over the place with camber and toe.

cliorear6.jpgcliorear5.jpgcliorear4.jpgcliorear3.pngcliorear2.jpgcliorear.JPG

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I just have to say about the amazing customer service received from Nick at Pure Motorsport. I'm not a returning customer or anything but fired off an email regarding my rear alignment, he must of emailed me back about 5 times yesterday (y) Absolutely amazing service to average joe. Shims ordered up as a result.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I just have to say about the amazing customer service received from Nick at Pure Motorsport. I'm not a returning customer or anything but fired off an email regarding my rear alignment, he must of emailed me back about 5 times yesterday (y) Absolutely amazing service to average joe. Shims ordered up as a result.
Did you shoot over the print out and they advised what shimes needed to bring it back in?

I've always had a great service and fast response to emails in the past and that was buying parts for a second-hand shifter. You really can't fault their customer service.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you shoot over the print out and they advised what shimes needed to bring it back in?

I've always had a great service and fast response to emails in the past and that was buying parts for a second-hand shifter. You really can't fault their customer service.

Exactly that (y) well the first time I didn't actually attach anything to the email because I'm some sort of technologically retarded jeb end. But yes a little advice and the shims needed to bring it back in somewhere close. Not set for a full race car but squared up even. Will definitely be a returning customer now though (y)

In the future I may get another beam to replace this one so it has less shimming required and fit a strengthening kit to it but for a road car with maybe 3 track days tops it'll be good as it.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Exactly that (y) well the first time I didn't actually attach anything to the email because I'm some sort of technologically retarded jeb end. But yes a little advice and the shims needed to bring it back in somewhere close. Not set for a full race car but squared up even. Will definitely be a returning customer now though (y)

In the future I may get another beam to replace this one so it has less shimming required and fit a strengthening kit to it but for a road car with maybe 3 track days tops it'll be good as it.
As I think you said previously, it's a common trend with these back axles to have a bit of wonk in them...

Some are better than others but I doubt you would know it till it's all fitted up and put on geo. Perhaps with some thinking you can work out which way it's flexing and adding the stiffening kit and a bit of 'genital persuasion' could see it slightly closer to zero?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to space out the front wings Kanjo Racer style, pretty common to do on mx5's and civics. This gives me a little more space for the wide track conversion. May look to space the front of the wing also at the bumper mounting point. Done quite easily by adding an 18mm spacer to the mounting point behind wing mid mounting point behind the door.

VideoCapture_20211121-151030.jpg IMG_20211121_122307_723.jpg 20211121_114549.jpg 20211121_112737.jpg 20211121_111528.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Not really much to report, finally got some new decent (depending on who you speak too) rubber, went with the NS2-R in a 195/45r16. I had them fitted yesterday and today was properly bloody cold so I didn't get out and try the tyres out. I want to remove the rear springs and drop the car down to make sure I have decent clearance back there. Once that is done I want to make sure the car is level all round then get the camber and alignment reset. Once that is done I can start to lean on it abit and really see what the suspension changes have done. Currently it feels super flat and neutral, no major under or over steer, that said I was on the old tyres when I tried it so now it may be different. Next on the wish list are a set of better brake pads front and rear and maybe braided lines. A harness would also be good but only if I plan on a track day (I did used to have one for the car that I have misplaced 🤦‍♂️ ) I really want to make a flat front undertray/splitter so may tackle that over the next month, plenty more reading to do before I start it though.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Adeyspec/featured

20211126_165316(0).jpg

20211126_165310.jpg 20211126_165215.jpg 20211126_164745.jpg 20211126_164739.jpg 20211126_164423.jpg 20211126_161014.jpg

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Not really much to report, finally got some new decent (depending on who you speak too) rubber, went with the NS2-R in a 195/45r16. I had them fitted yesterday and today was properly bloody cold so I didn't get out and try the tyres out. I want to remove the rear springs and drop the car down to make sure I have decent clearance back there. Once that is done I want to make sure the car is level all round then get the camber and alignment reset. Once that is done I can start to lean on it abit and really see what the suspension changes have done. Currently it feels super flat and neutral, no major under or over steer, that said I was on the old tyres when I tried it so now it may be different. Next on the wish list are a set of better brake pads front and rear and maybe braided lines. A harness would also be good but only if I plan on a track day (I did used to have one for the car that I have misplaced 🤦‍♂️ ) I really want to make a flat front undertray/splitter so may tackle that over the next month, plenty more reading to do before I start it though.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Adeyspec/featured

View attachment 1568217

View attachment 1568218 View attachment 1568219 View attachment 1568220 View attachment 1568221 View attachment 1568222 View attachment 1568223
A bit unfortunate the Weather a bit s**t at the moment for a good blast to try out the tyres. Mate has taken some harness out of his rally car and probably wouldn't want much for them.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get the car back on the ramps for re alignment and measuring of the rear axle changes since fitting a new front CV boot and shimming everything up on the beam. The rear end after the info from Nick at Pure Motorsport is very close to parallel now! the front has been dialled in with a touch of toe out and its running -2 Degrees of Camber all around. Handling with this and the new tyres is confidence inspiring on the roads. I've not had chance to really lean on it yet but it feels great, flat and very planted. I'm happy so far (y) Hopefully we can get some dry days in soon so I can try and have a decent play in it as the tyres in the cold and damp/wet feel just like "normal" road tyres to me, Loads better with a few spins and on a dry line though 😁

20211201_130114.jpg
20211201_121634.jpg
20211201_121623.jpg
20211201_112235.jpg
20211201_114509.jpg
20211201_114505.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Another slightly controversial update, like the tyres, may split opinions. Time will tell if it was a good choice on both 😂 This year a fair few automotive suppliers jumped on the Black Friday deals thing, this meant that I managed to get a set of front and rear Yellowstuff pads from EBC Direct and some braided hoses from Hel Performance with a chunk off the normal retail price. Fitting went as well as could be expected, I mean changing brake pads isn't a massive task bar one rear calliper refusing to wind back on the car but no biggy. Slap it in the vice and lean on it a little and it moved freely (y) All back on and tested and early thoughts are they are absolutely amazing. Ill get them fully bed in and report back at a later date. The car is pretty much there I think, nearly everything I wanted to upgrade has been done.... so what's next? get some use out of it I think 🙂

PIC_20211203120247912.jpg
PIC_20211203120233362.jpg
PIC_20211203120151423.jpg
20211202_101829.jpg
20211202_094413.jpg

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nothing really, just an off Renault rear beam 🤷‍♂️ Nothing visibly bent or anything. All sorted with shims and advice from Nick at Pure Motorsport (y)

Ah ok so it's possible to sort without buying new stub axles/beam? Just wondering about our little 133. Want to stash that away and never sell it, but that'd be a PITA if could only use Twingo RS axles/beam.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok so it's possible to sort without buying new stub axles/beam? Just wondering about our little 133. Want to stash that away and never sell it, but that'd be a PITA if could only use Twingo RS axles/beam.
Yeah, well if it was obviously bent and damaged you would replace the beam or stub axles? setup is very similar to a 172/182, uses the same camber shims as them and fits the same between the stub and beam. Even a brand spanking beam would be out of alignment tbh and most have twisted over the 10+ years they been around. The RS133 has specific rear stub axles though, may be shared with the wind but i think you would be doing well to bend one.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Looking good as usual. Just did the brakes all round and drop links on my sons 133 them drop links worked a treat. Got them from the local motor factor that used to sponsor me for £9 each!
Being a good son he is also giving me the Twingo when he gets bored of it so happy days.
IMG-20211201-WA0005.jpeg

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Adeyspec possibly buying a Gordini 100 soon if the person wants to sell up as it’s been layer up for the past year at work. Am I correct in thinking you said the GT/TCE is prime for a swap as it has something that the non turbos have?
The plan is to use it for a little while as a new daily with the possibility to engine swap later down the line.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
@Adeyspec possibly buying a Gordini 100 soon if the person wants to sell up as it’s been layer up for the past year at work. Am I correct in thinking you said the GT/TCE is prime for a swap as it has something that the non turbos have?
The plan is to use it for a little while as a new daily with the possibility to engine swap later down the line.

ooo nice looking forward to updates (y) The GT is a better base ecu wise for a turbo engine swap, the ecu has the ability to correctly read and control boost pressure. You could probably swap the whole loom, ecu and uch into an RS too if needed, or recode things to work. Anything will go with the correct selection of parts and time though (y)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
ooo nice looking forward to updates (y) The GT is a better base ecu wise for a turbo engine swap, the ecu has the ability to correctly read and control boost pressure. You could probably swap the whole loom, ecu and uch into an RS too if needed, or recode things to work. Anything will go with the correct selection of parts and time though (y)
That’s alright then. This is a good base to work off from. I was looking at one but it’s 2 hrs away. This one is on the door step.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
That’s alright then. This is a good base to work off from. I was looking at one but it’s 2 hrs away. This one is on the door step.
In fairness the Twingos are an awesome base car for a bit of fun especially as they are popping up silly cheap. There's even quite a few 1.5kish RS133's popping up now. I keep toying with getting a cheap one of those, 197 swapping it (because I cant leave anything alone) and sticking it in a garage somewhere for a few years.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
In fairness the Twingos are an awesome base car for a bit of fun especially as they are popping up silly cheap. There's even quite a few 1.5kish RS133's popping up now. I keep toying with getting a cheap one of those, 197 swapping it (because I cant leave anything alone) and sticking it in a garage somewhere for a few years.
You are the man to go to for Twingo related stuff I think. A 2.0 na engined on would definitely be a good toy. There is a Silverstone converted for sale local to me.