ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral Insurance - should I

Just spent half of today ringing round to get quotes on a valver, and as usual, most places viewed me as a axe-murdering psychopath for wanting to put alloys, exhaust, air filter and clear indicators on it...

Aaaanyway, Ive been wanting to move to a big name insurer as Id rather have the peace of mind that my claim, if I need to, will be dealt with properly and quickly with no messing about.

Admiral came back to me with a shockingly low quote of £594 Fully Comp, protected NCB, for me + 1 friend, only £50 accidental damage excess, £150 Fire&Theft excess, Full Breakdown cover, Third party cover driving other cars, covering alloys, stereo (£750 cover), exhaust and air filter!!

Is this right?!? Seems well low to me...

Anybody had any good or bad experience with Admiral as, so far, theyre the best offer Ive had! :)

Fabia vRS

so far they been sh*t for me...they had really low quote for me too!! turned out to be a sh*t bonus accelerator thing.

Phoned me up a week later asking if i want hire car cover, or something to that effect. isnt this normally included in standard cover with other insurers?

They dont insure power mods...or at least thats wat they told me

Yep, tried confused.com.

Got a good idea of prices but a lot of the cheaper ones are due to massive excesses... Swinton tried to tell me that £350 was a good excess! Errr, no love! I dont think so! lol

Plus most places dont quote for mods on there so I prefer to phone em.

Admiral were just very good on the phone and the excesses arent massive.

Anyone else?

My friend claimed with Admiral about a year ago.. they were really good, well, for an insurance company.

His quote was also freakishly low from them, but it was all legit, just the right combination of details I guess..

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Confused searched 24 quotes for me and told me the lowest was £834. WTF?! I got it from elephant for £577.

am with admiral. remember the quote is for 10 months not 12 as they do an accelerated NCB scheme.

I, paying £564 from them with only 1 years no claims and am 22. Adding one of my parents lowered the quote by £150!

its a "bonus accelerator" scheme, so you get your years no claims bonus after the 10months. however only certain insurance companies take it as a years ncb; elephant, admiral and probably some others

i thought that aswell, but elephant just told me "a wide range of companies accept the bonus accelerator bonus". I took this to mean that not everyone did? I might do that then if everywhere accepts it.

i thought everywhere excepted it. and was told that by admiral when i took out my insurance, but that does sound like every wont take it from what elephant said.

Admiral were 2nd best for me.. Elephant were best.

They do give some amazing quotes.. (as amazing as insurance can get!).

Bonus Accelerator, is what Im on.. at the end of 10 months, you get 1NCD.. and certificate says 1NCD.. so it counts anywhere.

thats good to know! although it does cost slightly more a month under the 10month bonus scheme. My insurance is £62.50 a month under the 10month scheme and £60 on the 12 month scheme. Still think ill go with the 10month bonus tho. Once thats run out ill be 21 with 4 years ncb :cool: bring on the dirt cheap insurance!

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 22 August 2004

Admiral were 2nd best for me.. Elephant were best.

They do give some amazing quotes.. (as amazing as insurance can get!).

Bonus Accelerator, is what Im on.. at the end of 10 months, you get 1NCD.. and certificate says 1NCD.. so it counts anywhere.
When I was lookin for insurance quotes about month back...quite a few companies said they wouldnt except the 10 bonus accelerator by elephant, as its not offically one years NCD...luckily Green Light beat Elephants quote anyways...