ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for a friend (springs for 172 cup)

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
This is for a mate, he's got a 172 cup and been looking at getting some moderate lowering springs for it...

Whats the best to buy? Think he wants around a 30-35mm drop, nothing silly but just enough.

I told him I'd ask on here as he was looking at K-tec springs and I'd have guessed something like Eibach may be better?

Cheers guys :)

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
Yeah I was thinking Eibach would be a wise choice for an already brill handling car, none of this cheap tat lol.

What drop do they give? He said he looked into it and its only a 15 mil drop?

You wont get that kind of a drop on a cup. The difference between my 182 FF on sportlines and a cup i saw on sportlines the other week was massive.

Its the weight you see.

Needs coilies i reckon.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Quite right. It was my Cup sir Bjorn had compared his FF to and the difference is considerable so a 30mm drop on a Cup is no way gonna happen. You are looking at about 20mm front and barely a change at the rear.

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
Cheers for the advice guys.

Is he indeed best staying clear of the K-Tec springs he was looking at?