ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice/Help needed understanding HPi/NMR check results

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi all, ive got an issue and i need some help/advice after HPi'n a vehicle i've just purchased. Bare with me whilst I set the scene.

The vehicle is a 2 owner '05 Scenic II with 17151 miles on the clock which i purchased from a customer that basically couldn't afford to fix it. It's nothing special being a 1.6 Dynamique but it's in excellent condition, in a nice colour, spec/trim and everything works bar the electronic handbrake (it's been stood whilst he tried to fix it and failed). The worry for me, as he wanted next to nothing for the vehicle, was being scared of it having massive outstanding finance and despite the owner assuring me it didn't I don't trust a mutha-funkster so did what any normal person would do, HPi check... That came back as finance/police/insurance clear so I went ahead with the purchase. Ive since resolved the issue and its off for MOT tomorrow so i can put it up for sale but here's my problem... there was a discrepancy warning about the mileage:

9yve3u2y.jpg

Theres not much in the way of service history other than the service book which contains a total of x3 franchised dealer stamps (the last one dated 2009 at around 13k and backed up with invoice/paperwork). What puzzles me is the clockset mileage is currently showing 17151 which I am aware is low and until I saw the previous MOT and service book was sure it was due to the dreaded Scenic II clock set failure which means its had a replacement set but I can find no paperwork to back this up (I will be calling the franchised dealer tomorrow tobsee what light they can throw) Also the last documented service was a fair few years ago now and the previous MOT shows a recorded mileage of 11426 (April 2012)

Can someone help me make sense of this as the NMR results above shows multiple odometer readings on the same date and for different dates and I don't know what to trust? I know it's done more mileage than shown and I'm sure its had at least x1 replacement clockset so I'm not planning on selling it with warranted mileage but I like the pieces to fit when I tell potential buyers what's what.

Thanks in advance

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Panick over thanks to a quick call to renault UK. Turns out the panel was replaced on 3/2/2011 @ 29999miles so the vehicle has covered 47150miles

Looks like the NMR entry is full of s**te!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mick i have had this problem with the NMR.

Im sure they pay some 17 year old YTS just to punch any numbers into a computer.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's really annoying as its going to come up on any subsequent HPi checks and make a legit vehicle look dodgy.

I also have a copy of Renaults warranty repair details for the vehicle which confirms the work so I could email the NMR admin and get the vehicle record updated but I'm hoping the car won't be hanging around that long.