ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aftermarket wheel prblems

Tangoed Works
I think there is a steering wheel sensor behind the wheel as this is what the esp goes on (direction of steering wheel). Get a pro to look at it mate, it sounds lke a right dogs dinner. Hope you get it sorted asap.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Yea decided im going to mate.....Instead of keep messing about with it get it sorted properly.....Gonna book it in this week....Just hope its not gonna be tooo much....Anyone any ideas on prices for these parts?

ESP Sensor
Airbag loom

Thanks

J273 said:
Yea decided im going to mate.....Instead of keep messing about with it get it sorted properly.....Gonna book it in this week....Just hope its not gonna be tooo much....Anyone any ideas on prices for these parts?

ESP Sensor
Airbag loom

Thanks
There no ESP sensor like i said its the stearing wheel sensor been broken/bodges the ESP and ABS systems are interlinked they use the wheel sensor+ one down by the handbrake and the stearing wheel position to owrk out whats going on. without the stearing one working the computers confused.
PM me your email address I'll send you a file saying what it is.

80MPG BEEZA
do what i did rip the whole lot out and wire a horn up to where little panel is at the headlight level changer is and wallah no hassle and plus weight loss from removing the air bag :)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Batman said:
do what i did rip the whole lot out and wire a horn up to where little panel is at the headlight level changer is and wallah no hassle and plus weight loss from removing the air bag :)

Hmm not a bad idea :).......;)

CTR--VX220D
So - do you leave the wheel sensor connected whilst fitting an aftermarket steering wheel???

What does it look like? Is it connected to the wheel or boss?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
christurbo said:
So - do you leave the wheel sensor connected whilst fitting an aftermarket steering wheel???

What does it look like? Is it connected to the wheel or boss?

I'd like to know this too

as I'm unsure if mines been taken out so the aftermarketwheel could be fitted or if the sensors attached to the standard wheel or attached to the steering column or if its a separate replacable sensor?........:confused:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Finally got it fixed today:D..£240 lighter in pocket though...It was the steering angle sensor on the steering column.

Glad its fixed though....wont be doing that again,lol:D

CTR--VX220D
So I can learn from your mistakes can you tell me how the sensor was damaged>>>????

Glad you got it sorted though :)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Thanks mate..

No idea how it got damaged ....i got a local garage to fit it for me but they made a bit of a bodge as when i got the car back with the new wheel on it was very stiff i could turn the wheel and it would stay in the same position:eek:........and was also grinding on the blastic behind the wheel.....Not sure how it got damaged though maybe overtightend or somthing :S

J273 said:
Finally got it fixed today:D..£240 lighter in pocket though...It was the steering angle sensor on the steering column.

Glad its fixed though....wont be doing that again,lol:D
What prize do i get.

Did you get the files in the end?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
edde said:
What prize do i get.

Did you get the files in the end?

Yea you said it was that edde...you genius:approve:

No didnt get any files matey.....just checked didnt recieve anything:S

Thanks anyways guys for all ya help;)