ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con delete on the dyno

ph1 172, berlingo
This is wat I found out today, same dyno temps same fuel, air con delete made no more power or torque,, same can be said for matched inlets, just thought I would say wat I found out, others may get gains but i did not, so if your thinking of doing it for power gains, not weigh saving, don't bother IMO

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The only time there would be difference in BHP would be if the air con is actually on surely? And i'm pretty sure it switches off at high RPM anyway.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
if your air con wasnt on when the car did a power run it wont have effected the power. so if you have done the delete it will only be like having your air con switched off if you had it

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^no you still have belt drag, mine gained 15bhp @ wheels by binning PAS and AC

Jeesus, never knew it made that much difference! Makes sense now why the cups always seem to make more power on rr days.

Still, i'll keep mine in :eek:

Iceberg 172
I'll be keeping my air con even if it did make a 15bhp difference on it's own!!! Let alone a 3-4bhp difference!!!!!!!!

ph1 172, berlingo
3-4bhp including the remap? I think it's just the same old story if you want power out of these motors, it's big dollars or don't bother and concentrate on other elements of the car.

Lionel Richie
no 15bhp @ wheels with remap (aircon and PAS in the bin) but my car is a freak, 160@wheels on a stock boggo engine!

there's a reason why cups are faster

ph1 172, berlingo
Lighter, better inlets, good engines, from engine to engine you can see 10-15 bhp difference same millage ect ect, different head castings, comp ratios so on