ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbox on cup

CTR EK9 turbo

a friend of mine who is at oxford uni doing engineering tried a few mods on his Clio RT - first was a leaf blower attached to his air feed (turbo) and another was his home-made NOS - only a bit more spicy than NOS, an oxycetaline canister between his legs and a pipe leading to the air intake whilst he was driving turning on the tap.hahaa, oh dear. The head gasket went shortly afterwards i believe.

dont spose u know him BenR - hes the chairman of the oxford uni motor club - Alan coombs? bit of a nutter really....

haha, no i dont mate...

had a look at the motorclub at my uni, and they were incompetant, and like 12yr olds........stand round talkig all the time.....*yawn*

sounds like my house mate......sheesh........his tunned engines go for all of about 2 days then throw the toys....lol....

lol.....meant to be, but i split the final yr into 2 yrs.....lazy me!!!?

So i can concentrate a bit more on work (non uni) and getting my car/workshop/business up to scratch.....how dedicated is that! [:p]

I gyarantee a grp N replacement element with 2 layers in the original airbox lined with alumiium otr titanium -=- ie u spray on a metal coating to the plastic and into the air feed will give as much increase in power as a viper or BMC...............who wants to prove me wrong ................Im doin it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im doing that too

i found a big enough airbox to fit my piper x in and insulated it

just need the plate to mount it

induction isnt helpful on its own though as some othere mods are

No tom I dont even mean fitting a cone filter within an airbox - may as well get a BMC or viper then - I mean the existing airbox and a grp N element completely sealed with a clear sealant and lined with a metal coating on the inside and out - therefore reflecting heat away on the outside and making a smoother chamber on the inside for cold air to duct through!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

oh right sorry not with it today

yeah sounds great post some pics when youve done it