ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Car looks good mate. Bottom picture looks like the shell is flexing and the door strips are out of alignment!

Many.
Car looks good mate. Bottom picture looks like the shell is flexing and the door strips are out of alignment!

Missed this comment! I think the side strips are a bad fit when static lol.

Bit of housekeeping to do...

First up, a while ago, I got the turbo off the Black 80.
CBBB3E6E-4867-4823-AD45-C5E1DCB31D11_zpsyszaurj1.jpg

Looking into the cat, Very oiley and sludgy, Nice!
5E761EB6-3581-49E5-ABD0-17A215CE7907_zpslagbf9mr.jpg

Got it stripped...
BA6B796F-B98C-4F1C-AFB9-6093CEA20AE3_zpskg9amcqv.jpg

Rebuild kit, and then I lost intrest in taking pics.
044E33FF-BFA9-4983-980C-74B5056EFDA3_zpsysb3g2s5.jpg

I got it back together, turbo back on the car, and the whole car back together.
0F6CE55B-97A2-4D90-8B29-0121B7CC3CC3_zpsyusvr4bl.jpg

4C0F7B03-7517-4799-BD10-987D7D7B4CB8_zpsj3osncvc.jpg

Eagle eyed will have spotted this. I sold the Black sport rep Thursday, and the new owner, this is his old car, I've got to do some work on it, so you'll be seeing more of it yet. Then he can have it back and sell it.
D468A2C9-5315-467F-A189-E8F1B924490C_zpsqlcotc3v.jpg

Then today, felt like Xmas... Cliosport wing protector, Ceratac x3, CS sticker, Gauge Holder (Didn't use it in the end), Gauges and replacement mirror glass.
30D33C5B-1EA0-46C8-BC72-432F6EE38C54_zpsajfcdy5p.jpg

Fitted the gauges, not permanently, so hence why they look s**t.
F37A504C-ED1F-442E-84BD-1667EB3B6665_zpsoiahnool.jpg

E6C4E7CB-B27E-42DE-A6D3-A2F92FA7C0D3_zpsvsklrqbm.jpg

Looks alright IMO.
Just gotta sort the oil temp, oil pressure and exhaust gas temp, Boost is sorted as thats easy.

Then the mirrors, Blue tinted, Wide angle on both sides too, unlike factory. Fitment isn't brilliant, but again, it'll do.
F64F42D7-1FB2-4E24-A7A5-7B733F629524_zpsy6rmpyga.jpg

Waiting for some more bits still toooo.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
All looking good matey. Got the turbo done then. Might do a similar thing to mine in due course as there's a little oil escaping.

Need some ceratec, nightmare squeak in traffic.

Mirrors are cool, are they heated also?

Many.
Linky to guages ? I need a better set as mine are white and anoying me already.

I went for these...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290803628108?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
&
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291094115082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

All looking good matey. Got the turbo done then. Might do a similar thing to mine in due course as there's a little oil escaping.

Need some ceratec, nightmare squeak in traffic.

Mirrors are cool, are they heated also?

This has an oil leak now, but I suspect its just the drain not gone on properly, not a major issue yet. Still have a few jobs left.

Mine only squeaks when you're feathering the brakes, so for my hard braking half the time its not an issue lol.

Mirrors are indeed heated, I actually only replaced them because my new drivers mirror has a broken heating element. Won't find out how good they are until Winter really lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
My drain for the oil leaks aswell, new gaskets / pipe and new bolts torqued up, still leaks a tinny bit.
I might out high temp sealant on it when I put it back on

Many.
My drain for the oil leaks aswell, new gaskets / pipe and new bolts torqued up, still leaks a tinny bit.
I might out high temp sealant on it when I put it back on

This like pisses out, I built up oil pressure and it left a puddle of oil lol. I don't mind a very very minor leak, but this is badd lol.

@AlexW we never did measure the bolts in my cage.. I measure them at 10mm, so I'm assuming 8mm bolts will do fine?

I completely f**king forgot about your cage and everything. Get M10 bolts. I'll have a look to see what I can find too.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
This like pisses out, I built up oil pressure and it left a puddle of oil lol. I don't mind a very very minor leak, but this is badd lol.

I completely f**king forgot about your cage and everything. Get M10 bolts. I'll have a look to see what I can find too.

Purchased

clio dci , ren8
Just a idea Alex but are you sure its leaking out of the return ? reason I say is that I noticed you took the turbo off with the oil feed pipe & were it fits in to the head there is a rubber o ring that falls off or self destructs & with it being on the pressure side oil pisses out , worth a look ;)

Many.
Just a idea Alex but are you sure its leaking out of the return ? reason I say is that I noticed you took the turbo off with the oil feed pipe & were it fits in to the head there is a rubber o ring that falls off or self destructs & with it being on the pressure side oil pisses out , worth a look ;)

I'll check that out, but I think its return. Although it could be the feed out of the head, I've not actually looked at it yet lol.

I think the O-ring is still on it, maybe I'll pop it off and replace anyway.

Many.
Another day, more deliverys.

Haven't actually used the protector, other than taking pics on it lol. Silcone bends, and 3M headlight kit.
4DE17AE0-CBA3-4830-9FC0-DA153B33EB35_zps1aayqppd.jpg

Also some Rainsport 3's for the Black clio, Tread looks funky.
51612A81-074C-4B76-90D0-061AA65C5DE0_zpsuwpjgrko.jpg

Might get some stuff done soon.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Silicone bends only means 1 thing....

X038-2.jpg

Those tyrez iz mint to be da ntz like. Were out of my budget, maybe next time

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost
:D

those tyres are epic. Had a set on mine. Pisses all over rain sport 2's!

Many.
Silicone bends only means 1 thing....

(Terrible Intercooler pic)

Those tyrez iz mint to be da ntz like. Were out of my budget, maybe next time

Shhh you. What cooler? lol.

These were like £7 more than cheap s**t, so figured I'd go for these. Unfortantly these are only for the back of the Black 80, So won't feel the advantage. I'll change the fronts to match once its on the road and I've felt some understeer lol.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost
:D

those tyres are epic. Had a set on mine. Pisses all over rain sport 2's!

Boost? where?!

I have S-drives on the Flamer ATM, if I'm impressed with the rainsports I might grab a set for the flamer over winter. I plan track focused tyres next considering I'm planning to do more trackdays this year.

Many.
The mirrors are not perfect fitting? I'll leave it then as Im a picky f*cker! ;)

Look next time you see my car. You could probably do it perfect if you didn't rush it like I did, but I was eager to get them on, and try my boost gauge up the road lol.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm sure you'll has more luck convincing me about the wing mirror glass than ph2 rear lights :rasp:

Blue tinted glass would look nice on iceberg though...

clio dci , ren8
Must admit I am liking your track days in a derv :race: might have to buy some new drive shafts before I consider it lol , if only you could run one on red now that would be a cheap track day ,but unfortunately the 15 dci doesn't like it :(

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
You can run a dci on red. The farmer near me runs his kangoo on it.
I admit, I've had to put another heavy duty filter on the feed to the pump.
And he has to whack a load of twostroke in to keep the system lubed up.

Ive just warned him, once that pump goes pop( if it ever does , considering it's on 166k )
the van is going to be scrap lol:)

matt, you can get shafts from JnR on ebay. £45 a shaft. Cheap but they haven't failed on mine after abusing the hell out of them.
they feel allot more heavy duty aswell.

Many.
Well I'm sure you'll has more luck convincing me about the wing mirror glass than ph2 rear lights :rasp:

Blue tinted glass would look nice on iceberg though...

I'm always right so :

Must admit I am liking your track days in a derv :race: might have to buy some new drive shafts before I consider it lol , if only you could run one on red now that would be a cheap track day ,but unfortunately the 15 dci doesn't like it :(

I'm running 172 Cup driveshafts, Have done thousands of miles on them inc 3 track days.

clio dci , ren8
That's the only problem with the 100 bhp you can only use the original drive shafts & lets just say mine are on there last legs :( still dci race series could be fun lol ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Id be up for an official dci race series ( or less than 1.6 diesels )

only thing I can see is crank/rod bearings making a break for it as we hammer them around lol

Many.
That's the only problem with the 100 bhp you can only use the original drive shafts & lets just say mine are on there last legs :( still dci race series could be fun lol ;)

Didn't realise yours was a 100.

Id be up for an official dci race series ( or less than 1.6 diesels )

only thing I can see is crank/rod bearings making a break for it as we hammer them around lol

I'll hopefully not be eligible for that series soon then ;)

Many.
Still a dci ;) just means we get 10laps head start :p

Pah. PM coming your way in a moment.

Today has been semi Productive, I'm hoping tomorrow is a lot better. I have a lot to do this weekend/week, and very little space.

Only thing I have pics of today is tonight I made a start on that 5door 1.2 I have.

Its owned by jackfm's friend Nav, who bought my sport rep DCi recently. I've got to do some work on the 1.2, hence its still here.

I already knew the problem, but apon removing the wheel it soon becomes very clear.
5A99679C-192B-443A-896F-4EECAA364E4A_zpstr7rlxys.jpg

That is lovely shock oil, and CV grease.
ED62F50E-CB45-4E2E-99B1-FFCEBBE3B57D_zps9x9whow8.jpg

Took the whole lot off, will clean it all up, replace the bits I need to and get it back together tomorrow hopefully. Its having a new shock, standard springs refitted, new track rod ends, new lower balljoints and a bloody good clean.
E325BEA8-897C-4D78-BA9E-80EAB09F3FE6_zpscawmrle6.jpg

Also, fitted my sandwich plate Friday night, so have working Oil temp and pressure on my gauge now.
C42C2670-A3EF-4DF6-A30C-5F5E81B018F2_zpsbj07yqdo.jpg

Pressure seems good, temp is good too, max I've hit so far is 99 degrees with a bit of a rag. Will see how it fairs on track.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Should have said mate. We would have spent the 2 hours ripping them apart!

That jizz on the wing came off easy peasy

Many.
You've been pretty kind about the little 8v so far. I'll stay tuned...

I have actually, I did send Nav a text where I wasn't quite as nice. I'll get it done ASAP as I've offically run out of space.

Should have said mate. We would have spent the 2 hours ripping them apart!

That jizz on the wing came off easy peasy

With the weather like it was earlier, I didn't fancy it lol.

Should have got you up tomorrow, got loads to do :(

Anybody wanna help? lol

Many.
Also, for anybody reading this...

I desprately need these, the two halfs that hold the centre of the rear seat to the floor, on split rear seats.
BF34EBD3-3FD9-4B0F-AD1C-AFB9A59EB889_zpsyjsjh07c.jpg

Anybody?!!

Many.
Jesus that's greasy!

Certainly is, I'll be giving it all a goood clean, mostly because it'll be nicer to work on then!

Today has been a mostly productive day, not as productive as I would have liked, but dodging rain and wind, made it quite hard.

Loads of stuff wasn't photographed, just getting on with things.

Fixed the oil leak on the Black DCi, as RenMatt said, was indeed the O-ring missing on the oil feed. I owe you a beer.
Tried to get it started, but tried loads of things, just won't bloody start. Given up for the day in the end.

Then did a couple of bits on the Infero, ready to go Tuesday now... I hope!

Finished up by trails very nice RB 182 FF. Few clios about... lol
D45CC1C8-57E9-4215-9BF4-2950BA4ACFEB_zpslwjdsuwh.jpg

Was thought the cam seals were leaking (I hadn't actually seen the car).

Started stripping it, Firstly found a broken engine mount...
C27275A2-8E6D-4356-A44C-AA0B2F883176_zpsdx1t4lmp.jpg

Looking a bit wet, over by the PAS pump...
EB42C107-22E5-4A39-A1C6-5738751160DF_zpstsbtc8ni.jpg

Looking even worse down here
01A4D59F-7AAD-4F0E-88A0-63BFA37AFBAB_zpssdtfuj7b.jpg

Oh look, a bolt missing!
D24495F6-37FD-489C-9725-1C4BDE501A9C_zpszbzrv4m2.jpg

Nice aux belt...
43456023-B1DE-45A3-8F55-4C3357E80B47_zps38eyoqig.jpg

Just confirming its not cam seals, lovely and dry. Belt was done 2 years ago, with dephaser, looks like it was done right and looks in good condition still. Will give it a proper check before I put everything back together.
14B1AD27-01AD-4B46-B5AA-3BE02F15E5CE_zps6fbpffah.jpg

So stripped everything out the way so I can change PAS pump, and aux belt kit.
5C7AA2E2-77A1-430B-8BEC-83CDFD34AFA7_zpscqjev7nz.jpg

Poor car
E1958FDB-C108-47AC-947F-0CE163FD94D9_zpsaszrmivp.jpg

Quick interior pic, it is a very nice car.
6A1BC6BF-C4EE-4A50-A249-E8B4E57B3006_zpstsbnrmbg.jpg

Got a few Clio keys.
613F528F-E779-4303-9A74-1BA6B1583F9E_zpsl2t9p9kx.jpg

So, I have lots to keep me busy this week.

impreza wagon S2000
Yay...go shed!!!

Thanks Alex...still feeling a bit weird about someone else working on one of my cars :S

Many.
Sorry I weren't available to give you a hand yesterday, I had the joys of moving.

Looks like a nice little fleet you have there.

Tis cool :), got most of what I planned done.

Lol the keys.

My table is exactly the same.

Its the first time I've ever hung all the keys up, made me lul.

No pics of tonights progress, got most of the 1.2 done, Just need to change a CV boot, Wheel bearing and all the springs.

More progress tomorrow I hope.