ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Allegrezza'd 182

After selling my pride and joy (my Leon Cupra) I decided to jump ship and get myself a Clio 182 in Silver with 49k on the clocks, full service and 2 owners from new for £3500 :cool:

Just done a few tiny bits so far but looking for ideas on what to do with it really so any ideas are welcome! Not sure if I will go euro/oem+/sporty yet, just need some people to point me in the right direction!

Anyway here she is:

DSC_0202_zps3878f7c3.jpg

DSC_0204_zpsdf1a6879.jpg

Re: Alex's 182 *Ideas Please!*

First thing's first I got my stereo sorted out. Sony headunit with rear aux and got myself a subwoofer from a bloke off DAS-VAG for a tenner. Ripped the carpet off that stank of piss and then it ended up like this

DSC_0176_zps94462376.jpg

So after stickerbombing the sub, I thought I would do the same to the dashboard inserts....not sure what people's views are on stickerbombing on here, I'm undecided....the longer I have it the more I don't like it, but I'm putting up with it at the moment!

DSC_0206_zps271364fd.jpg

DSC_0205_zps619ed90c.jpg

Furry dice to complete the look too!

Renault Clio MK3

Get rid of the stickers :(

Nice car though, debadge? Scorpion 192?

There's a lot of project threads you can probably get some inspiration from

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172

Less is more with 182's IMO, clean plates (maybe 3/4 plate) give the headlights a polish (3m kit) and a new style renault sport badge for the back. Not a fan the the sticker bomb but looks good so far

Decided today to get rid of the hideous Renault + Sport badges from the boot and have ordered the new style RenaultSport one from the 197 :)

DSC_0251_zpsa94020b6.jpg

Only the finest French parts used!
DSC_0252_zpsbc84b1b0.jpg

DSC_0253_zps64b4fbe3.jpg

DSC_0254_zpsfad011fe.jpg

DSC_0255_zps9f1d11c6.jpg

DSC_0256_zps3b57aac2.jpg

DSC_0258_zpsfeb90b54.jpg

Get rid of the stickers :(

Nice car though, debadge? Scorpion 192?

There's a lot of project threads you can probably get some inspiration from

Yeah it needs a new exhaust as this one's currently blowing just behind the cat. Got a quote from k-tec who are just down the road from me for 450 for a new exhaust fitted with a 2 year guarantee. What are the scorpion pipes like? Everyone seems to have them so I'm guessing its for a reason! Already ahead of you with the debadge bit too!

Less is more with 182's IMO, clean plates (maybe 3/4 plate) give the headlights a polish (3m kit) and a new style renault sport badge for the back. Not a fan the the sticker bomb but looks good so far

From the looks of the lights the crap is all on the inside, so was thinking of taking apart the lights to give them a proper clean inside....any idea if they are glued together and if it would be a total ball ache to do?

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172

Never done it myself but heard it's not easy, think I've seen people put them in ovens to melt the glue,

Yeah my mate had to do that to take apart the lights on his mk4 golf, from what I gather it was a right ball ache! And to make matters worse a new set of lights are £££'s! U reckon that 3m kit worth a go?

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172

Might be worth a bash, could always try a bit of autoglym polish/ other polish to see if it makes any difference at all before buying a kit

Clio mk3

personally i like the sticker bomb and the sub looks ace with it:) real nice car!

Might be worth a bash, could always try a bit of autoglym polish/ other polish to see if it makes any difference at all before buying a kit

Yeah I think I'll give it a go. I've got some autoglym rapid detailer in the garage (apparently it acts like a clay bar according to the bottle), would this do the trick? I'm guessing its a similar situation to when red cars fade and you need something slightly abrasive to remove the oxidised bits?

personally i like the sticker bomb and the sub looks ace with it:) real nice car!

I think it's either a love it or hate it thing, but strangely I'm undecided. Will more than likely remove the sticker bombing from the dash inserts and stick it back to silver tbh. Also going to remove the speed camera sticker and the snap off sticker too and get myself a cliosport.net sticker for the back window i think...

Clio mk3

I think it's either a love it or hate it thing, but strangely I'm undecided. Will more than likely remove the sticker bombing from the dash inserts and stick it back to silver tbh. Also going to remove the speed camera sticker and the snap off sticker too and get myself a cliosport.net sticker for the back window i think...

should look good once youve decided:)

Quick question/request for pics please....

After getting my exhaust done, I'll be looking at getting the car lowered - what's a decent amount so that it's not going to rub etc but still tucks the wheels in? Seen some posts that say 20mm some say 40mm? (I'll just be getting springs for now, coilovers will be coming middle of next year)

Also thinking of getting my alloys refurbed, but this is going to be about 200 quid and was thinking of perhaps spending a bit more to get me some new wheels instead...I really like Turini's but they are a bit over used. Was thinking of getting something similar, anyone have any suggestions? Or if anyone has any Ronal Turbo's they want to sell me please let me know :D

No you cant remove the headlights like you can on some glass ones, the plastic would melt in the oven and even if you do manage to cut them open I've heard of moisture problems when re-sealing. The most common problem is a haze on the outside of the lights plastic. If you search "headlight restoration" or similar there are loads of threads and a few guides on how to do it.

You've got a nice base to work up from, looks tidy as it is. I don't personally like the sticker bombing, too untidy but each to there own. Would look much nicer being sprayed a solid colour with correct decals added. Sub actually isn't too bad in my eyes as its going to be in the boot.

I have to say that after looking at your build thread I've come to the conclusion that clean is the way forward! All stickers will be removed on thursday (apart from sub) then will try and add subtle bits on tbh. I'll give the headlights a go at restoring them, but I'm still not convinced it will work but hoping that you guys all prove me wrong!

Clean is the way forward! Love the Clio. Just newer than mine. I nearly bought a Leon Cupra but i fancied a 182. I had an Octavia vrs earlier on this year but the dealer i got it from forgot to tighten wheel nuts so as you can guess, that caused problems driving it away from the dealer so it went back a week after haha. Love a turbo car but loving the Clio.

Have a look at this thread.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Titanium-182-Progress-Thread&highlight=trophy
It's really tidy. Some good ideas.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this, will subscribe, ideas are always handy.

Last edited:

Yeah I've removed the stickerbomb now from the dash inserts. When my CS sticker arrives I'll remove the speed camera and snap off sstickers and slap that in the rear screen. Ordered a Meguiars headlight restoration kit today too so will hopefully arrive next week :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

Sticker bombing always looks sh*t you've made a good choice getting rid.

Sticker bombing always looks sh*t you've made a good choice getting rid.

Haha I think so! Right so as Christmas is coming up I'm going to treat myself to some new wheels but not sure what ones. All I know is I want anthracite/gunmetal 16s. Narrowed it down the following:

Screenshot_2013-10-23-08-32-42_zpse8300ea5.png

And of course
Screenshot_2013-10-23-08-32-01_zps030e1076.png

Bear in mind though that the turinis are alot more expensive than the others though! And also not original at all on a clio!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

'if' it was me, I'd get some Speedlines from the 172 cup & powder coat/spray them.... They look the best IMO (similar to the above)

I do like the speedlines and I do think they are the best wheels for the car but I don't want to spend £XXX's on wheels for every other fecker to have them haha. Brand/cost aside I think my favourite ones are the Fox wheels (yes I know that Fox wheels are turd!)

Right so I think I've made a choice on the wheels! Think I'm going to go for the Autec's purely for the look of them. Will get some Pirelli or Yokohamas on them rather than use my current tyres. Will also be getting some lowering springs on the car at the same time
as chucking the wheels on. Aiming for 40mm but will more than likely go for the 30mm ish eibachs as I've heard that the apex 40mm ones aren't worth the metal they're made from. Then hopefully in December I'll be getting my cat back exhaust done by the chaps at ktec! Once all that's done got a few niggly touch up bits (small dent on rear wing/ripple on bonnet) then she will be sweet and ready for full service and Cambelt as well as A/C service in time for summer. Happy days!

BG 182cup

apex are a bit nasty TBH for daily use the best for looks and ride qual springs wise seems to be Cooksport via Josh Cook, top bloke! I've had mine on 12 months on my cup and they are spot on :)

Carbon always looks good on Silver.. Streamline do a full boot handle and front/back diamonds asa well as side bullets well worth the extra money!

other than that exhaust like the guys all said!!

What mm do they lower it by? And yeah was thinking of a few carbon bits...need a front splitter too so was thinking of a carbon one. Would you recommend your springs over eibachs then?

So I got hold of some of this stuff today

DSC_0268_zpse28bd141.jpg

Just chucked it on with the fogs still on the car for now and then will see what I think of it after a few days, then if I'm happy I will either take off the fogs and do it properly or spray the fogs.

DSC_0272_zps7c0278b7.jpg

DSC_0271_zps55e02d55.jpg

What are everyone's thoughts on yellow fogs?

BG 182cup

What mm do they lower it by? And yeah was thinking of a few carbon bits...need a front splitter too so was thinking of a carbon one. Would you recommend your springs over eibachs then?

Josh Cooks' (Cooksport) drop it about another 25-30mm over the std cup set up but they're not as crashy as the eibachs or Apex

Carbon splitter?? I wouldnt bother if your lowering it!! :< I had one from Chris @ Streamline carbon before I lowered it and I still have the other half that survived the car park speedbump and the two bits that didnt!!
go with the skoda one its a bit deeper and cheap to replace if you need to!!
V6 Airboxes aand 64mm Throttle body are good little tweeks the TB is off a machine shop on Ebay loads on 197.net have these!!

Funnily enough I had a look on fleabay for a carbon splitter on wednesday, and there was only 1 for sale at £180, so I thought feck that and got myself a skoda one. Decided to fit it today (stupidly) in the rain which was loads of fun, mouthful after mouthful of engine bay water!

Before
DSC_0275_zpsff7abe95.jpg

Old one was well and truly knackered...Came off in 6 pieces
DSC_0276_zps7863154f.jpg

Fitted! (Excuse how dirty the car is, my mind was focused on having a cuppa towards the end so just wanted to get out of the rain) :coffee:
DSC_0280_zps7525e424.jpg

My yellow caliper paint also arrived yesterday so when we get a day without any rain I'll get that done. My new style RS badge is also sat in my drawer again waiting for a day without rain to get it on there properly, and my headlight restoring kit is on it's way to me so will hopefully be done by the weekend.

Also have ordered myself some new wheels :cool: These will be arriving in the next couple of weeks so will post them on here when they're here. I'm going to keep it a secret what they are for now (but they aren't Turinis I'll tell you that much!)

BG 182cup

Funnily enough I had a look on fleabay for a carbon splitter on wednesday, and there was only 1 for sale at £180, so I thought feck that and got myself a skoda one. Decided to fit it today (stupidly) in the rain which was loads of fun, mouthful after mouthful of engine bay water!

Before

Old one was well and truly knackered...Came off in 6 pieces

Fitted! (Excuse how dirty the car is, my mind was focused on having a cuppa towards the end so just wanted to get out of the rain) :coffee:

My yellow caliper paint also arrived yesterday so when we get a day without any rain I'll get that done. My new style RS badge is also sat in my drawer again waiting for a day without rain to get it on there properly, and my headlight restoring kit is on it's way to me so will hopefully be done by the weekend.

Also have ordered myself some new wheels :cool: These will be arriving in the next couple of weeks so will post them on here when they're here. I'm going to keep it a secret what they are for now (but they aren't Turinis I'll tell you that much!)

good lad! I managed to source a set of superturismo GT's from a guy who was a really top notch powdercoater for mine

stick some pics up when they're on :)

good lad! I managed to source a set of superturismo GT's from a guy who was a really top notch powdercoater for mine

stick some pics up when they're on :)

yeah, i had a look at some oz wheels but was amazed that they are £1000 without tyres! i like my car but not that much! :approve:

i've never seen a clio with the wheels im getting so that's why i went for them just to be a bit different really. i really like my standard 182 alloys but they are in need of a refurb so i'll keep hold of them as winter wheels if we get any snow this year so i don't ruin my new ones.