ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ally's 30th present - new car content :-)

Following the subtle change in avatar message last week (and me hitting 3-0 on Tuesday :eek:), I eventually took some pics of my new car. It’s a f**king great time to be buying a car, with new cars sales flat-lining and the used car market on it’s @rse. Luckily I sold my previous car (55-plate Ibiza Cupra TDI) for a good price at the start of December, giving me the pick of the market.

I considered and tried a few cars before settling on my choice, but ruled all else out in the end:
VX220 n/a – fun, mental handling, but I struggled to get in and out it (I’ve suffer from back trouble)
350z – good handling but low rent interior IMO and high(er) running costs
Clio V6 mk2 – just can’t get it out my system but decent ones were above my budget
Z3M Coupe – still too much £££ for a decent example
Z4 Coupe – above my budget

So I’ve bought a 3.0 BMW Z4 Roadster :evil:. Picked it up from Hartlepool Monday last week – thanks to Rory182 for his help in buying – and my initial impressions are everything I expected. It’s good handling, fun to drive, reasonably quick, has a great interior, and is reasonably cheap to run. And that straight-6 engine… what an engine :)

- 231hp / 221lbft
- M Sport suspension & optional 18’s
- I avoided the M Sport seats as I’ve got too much “girth” (across the shoulders…) to get comfy in them
- covered only 18.5k miles
- just over 4 years old

It should prove cheaper than my old CTR to run: same road tax band, cheaper insurance(!), better MPG despite better performance, even tyres are cheaper if I go for normal (non run-flats). I just decided I’d had enough of diesel and thought “F**k it!”

And the best part? I bought it privately and only paid what I sold my Ibiza for plus £2.6k. That’s from an Ibiza with an initial RRP of £16.5k, to a Z4 with an RRP of £33k but 11 months older, for the sum of £2.6k. Mental. The used car bargains out there really are brilliant…

It ain’t clean as I’ve done 500 miles since Monday with Christmas visits and the like, but I don’t care LOL, I’m enjoying the driving too much :eek:

2008-12-29pic4.gif

2008-12-29pic6.gif

2008-12-29pic8.gif

2008-12-29pic10.gif

2008-12-29pic13.gif

2008-12-29pic15.gif

2008-12-29pic17.gif

2008-12-29pic18.gif

2008-12-29pic20.gif

Cheers
Ally

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
very nice....

but a MET Parachute, mate those things are dangerous, you ever seen one after its been crashed? i have, it was kinda on my head.....

very nice....

but a MET Parachute, mate those things are dangerous, you ever seen one after its been crashed? i have, it was kinda on my head.....
It's alright, I don't intend crashing... (but yes, I know there's a bit of chat about them being worse than normal helmets but it's more for keeping branches/shrubbery out of my face)

VW Caddy Van
I like these, i know how u feel about just wanting to keep driving. I done 1200 miles in the Mondeo in my first week with it

Good luck with it

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
how much do you charge for short back and sides mate! just kidding looks mint mate. whats the 0-60 on it?

B

Brown.

Nice one....well done!!!....have you been on bmwland.co.uk ??? if you havent, don't bother going....yal find out more staying right here!!!

Golf R soon...
Thats one lovely looking Beemer, Congrats! Roll on the Summer when you might be able to use it once a month! ;)

Nice matey!! Would rather have a kid tho!! ;)
There is a good sized boot....

from what i have heard you do have a beautiful face
:eek:

not a great fan of the front of those things but a great car and even better pics! nice one!
The one thing that it could do with is clear front indicators, but they're part of the whole headlamp and are something like £600 a unit :eek:

Nice, was looking at z3's and 4's, until i got an insurance quote!
More expensive than my Ibiza but cheaper than the CTR I had beforehand (even taking ages and NCB into account).

Nice one....well done!!!....have you been on bmwland.co.uk ??? if you havent, don't bother going....yal find out more staying right here!!!
Nah, I'll stay here LOL. Lurking on a Z4 forum too for info but here's where the chat is!

Thats one lovely looking Beemer, Congrats! Roll on the Summer when you might be able to use it once a month! ;)
Pah, if it's dry then the roof will be down regardless of temperature :eek: (unless the wife's moaning in the passenger seat...)

Nice upgrade mate! Bet it sounds pretty damned nice too
Cheers, a complete contrast in sound (and every way I suppose) to what I had before

Likewise :eek:

Wasn't planned to happen on my 30th, just so happened it worked out that way. My circumstances changed: I've now got a van for carrying my MTB so no longer need a car able to fit a bike inside...

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Very nice, i normally dont look at any BMW's twice unless its a proper M powered wagon but these are very striking, what insurance group is this?

My old boys thinking of getting a Z4M Coupe for his retirement, i said hed be better with an RS4 avant for the fishing and the like

ST
Lovely car mate...as many lengthy convos we've had, i maybe in a BMW of some sort in the next 6-12 months..

tiTTy & SV650
It's all about the noise and the rwd, looks good in silver too.

mid life crisis?! hardly, that'll be a Lotus when you're in your 40's.

I dunno wtf to buy now lol